Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search
Rewarding experience, customer service focused, great work culture.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON29 April 2017
This has been a great employment opportunity. Coworkers are always willing to help each other. Challenging targets to reach, but a high sense of achievement at the end of the day.
Pros
Great work environment, good work culture, good salary, available overtime.
Cons
High expectations, working holidays, applying for vacation time.
Working with friendly people
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
Working at Scotiabank, has been great. I have been able to work with people who have helped me grow as a person and with the company. I have advanced in 10+ years. I have met wonderful people both on the front line and in sales.

I have worked with wonderful managers who have also helped me understand what it is to coach a person being a supervisor to being just a plain teller.

On a basic day, customers come in and are welcomed warmly and doing basic to in depth transactions. I will listen to every customer's request and ensure that it is done to the best of my abilities, if not ensure that it is escalated to the right department.

I have found the most enjoyable part of working with Scotiabank is working with wonderful people.
Pros
Great customers and employees
Cons
Long hours and minimal pay for the job
Overall Satisfied
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scotia Bank28 April 2017
A satisfactory job and good management.
A good place to work. People with high energy.
Collaborative teams. Win Win Culture. Exposure to Latest Technologies.
hard work will not get you where you want to be
Sr Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON27 April 2017
some people have great experiences working there but some people find it hard when goals are not reduced but expectation to train other individuals take up your time. management is not helpful at all with this.
ok
Customer Service Advisor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canada27 April 2017
ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok not too bad but irrelevant as this was a position abroad many years ago but all good and not a bad place to work. no problems
Not a pleasant work environment
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2017
The bank is going through restructure and therefore there is minimal job security. The management is unpleasant since they have high and unrealistic expectations when it comes to goal achievement.
ScotiaBank
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 April 2017
If you want the opportunity to learn and keep up to date with technology. This is not the place. But overall it has good benefits.
The salary is moderate.
Focus on customer service. If you want a career this is the place to be!
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Great team to work for! Always room for advancement. Customer focus is number one. As a long time employee (over 30 years) I am happy with the path I have chosen.
Excellent co-workers and friends
CUSTOMER SUPPORT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Scotiabank hired for Customer Service Rep then then switched to be heavily focussed on sales
Sales became a big part of performance metrics
Scotiabank opened a Contact Centre in South America and laid off all workers in Calgary Contact Centre
Pros
Excellent people to work with
A very friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB22 April 2017
The training is excellent and the co-workers were very helpful if and when a situation arose. the position was only casual as on call for sickness. it was a very good place to work I learned a lot of things and you have to remember a lot of things and that's were the co-workers were excellent.
Pros
on casual so no regular hours
Cons
pay was ok
professinal environment
Accounting Officer- garnishments (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 April 2017
I worked at the garnishment department. The staff was really helpful and polite in training. It was fun place to work. Management was ok as well. Work was not that difficult as there were lots of experienced ppl.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
nothing to report
Workplace Culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Scotiabank has a competitive but relaxed culture. Company is willing to patiently train new hires and expose individuals to new programs and tasks. People are also very friendly and accommodating.
Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2017
Work long hours but also have option to work from home. Like workplace culture and you learn a lot on the job. the work environment is great with helpful colleges.
It Was Great Until the Restructure
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
Was a great company to work for until they started restructuring & laying off entire departments. Training was excellent, salary & benefits were fantastic, management was for the most part approachable & respectful of work-life balance. They believe in rewarding their employees for a job well done & I would've been happy to stay there had they not closed down my department. I'd recommend working there (if you can actually find a job there these days) but have a backup plan.
Pros
Pay, benefits, training & work-life balance.
Cons
Decrease in job security. Mass restructuring.
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON15 April 2017
I have learned so much in the past 6 months from counting cash, more comfortable with the computer, self confidence. My fellow employees are very nice, always their to lend a hand. I am always trying to learn more each and every day I am at the branch.
Sales Focused with a rather less focus on training
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canada14 April 2017
I recently started working here as a Business Advisor and with an MBA I feel this is not a very interesting workplace for a Business graduate interested in Finance career, atleast at the retail level.

Training is minimal and the sales goals are unrealisitic to some part. Solely focused on Sales and less on advise part so far (bad training remember). Mostly for people who are interested in Sales, opening accounts (literally opening accounts), and enjoy stressful work environment.

But, as with any other bank job this comes with a lot of paper work and if you're good at all these, a good chance for advancement is what I see. Opportunities are presented and you've to be hungry enough to grab them before someone else does. Good opportunity to develop networking and Marketing skills. Pay is decent for someone who comes out of college.
Pros
Career Advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours, boring job duties, dealing with some angry clients on a daily basis
good team work
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
work life balance seemed very good. Management was in tune with department staff. IT group needed commodities experience for time deadlines and understanding the new business
Pros
management and work life balance
Cons
departmental communication
Management questionable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
Management does not care about you personally as an employee. You are just a space filler to make them look good. Advancement and loyalty play no part in how they manage their subordinates. Very little personal connection, no interest in building a rapor or relationship (Im not asking them to be my best friend, but a little interest in my personal life would be nice).
Pros
hours
Cons
not good management
Agile work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Fast paced project environment with cooperative coworkers and high drive for efficiency.
Allows for personal and professional growth on the job so that's good.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Excessive workload and poor team leadership in various areas causing low work spirit.
okay
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 April 2017
great place to work but with digital banking becoming the new norm there are less and less opportunities for advancement which was a huge downfall for me personally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval