Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,205 reviews matching the search
Do not work here
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
The salary is laughable, compared to other markets (managing Service personnel) banks pay very little. And after working for them for over 15 years - there is no loyalty of the side of the bank - you will be tossed out on your wazoo.
The hours were very long, expectations extremely high, and depending on who the branch manager was - mainly you were expected to be at work from 8:00 - 19:00 but get paid only for 7.5 hours. Expectations and amount of work for 1 individual were staggering. If all other businesses burn to the ground and only banks remain on this planet - only then will I consider working for one. Overall - Pay = terrible, expectations and workload = extremely high, recognition for work well done etc = non-existent.
Pros
Staff rates on Mtg. etc.
Cons
Thrown to wolves after 15+ years with bank
Fun place to work .... friendly people
Executive Assistant and Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON22 June 2017
very interesting work ... meeting new people each day .... I worked in Commercial Credit, Administration, Mortages and Executive Asst to Managers. A daily challenge which was always something to look forward too ....
Pros
Paid for courses at McGill University
Productive and Ever Changing Work Environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 June 2017
A typical day as a Financial Advisor includes meeting with clients face to face and provide them with financial advise based on their daily banking, borrowing, investment and estate needs. I have had the pleasure of learning an abundance of useful financial planning information that I will be able to take forward in my personal and professional journey. I particularly enjoy being able to work together with clients to better their current financial situation while being able to invest in my own education that provides me with the knowledge to help others now and in the future.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Time management in relation to expectations
Great Coaching
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON20 June 2017
My managers have always been great- coaching me instead of telling me what to do. Their flexible around life, and always there to help while without the burden of micromanaging/
Good Stepping Stone for career
Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Good stepping stone for career in finance. Allow lots of opportunity to learn with funding to support continued education. Good to start and then leave for a better position.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Interesting!
Investment Risk Analyst - Dynamic Funds (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 June 2017
Gained an in depth understanding of Risk analysis associated with portfolios and asset management to assist decision making in terms of what securities to keep
Old school
Manager of Tax Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
one of the very last big banks to start restructure. Old school, needs many changes.
I would only recommend it to my friends, when the high school culture is changed
Great place to Work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 June 2017
I really enjoy working at Scotia Bank. I started when I was a student and came back after school. I prepared Mortgage documents and would send them to Law Offices across Canada.
Productive, fun place to work. Great people looking to change the industry with innovative ideas.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
High performing individuals looking to push the culture of banking forward into the new age. Constantly striving to improve quality and operations while breaking new grounds in the advancements of technology.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Compensation does not compare to other places for the same role.
very peaceful and productive work enveronment
Customer Relation Officer in collections (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
very interesting and productive environment, every body was help full, Strong team work, gender equity and equality.
supervisor and management team is very helpful and cooperative.
I learned about Scotia bank business, code of conduct, professional customer service, collection methods and regulations, dealing with customers .The most enjoyable part is every body is cooperative and as well as bank provided entertainment faculties for employees.
Pros
free tea, coffe, and other drinks

Want to know more about Scotiabank?

Ask a question
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 June 2017
I learned alot.Its a great place to work, however going through a 'restructure' and 'automation' is never fun. Looking to move on to a place that has a family first attitude.
I am very pepole persone, enjoy with team work
Scotia bank - Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  13219 Royal oak16 June 2017
I love working with Scotia back I really enjoy my Customer Manager role, our job is going to restructure so looking for new challenge. Scotia bank is multicultural bank .
Co-op
Co-operative Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2017
Typical day consisted of:
Refilling the printers
Greeting customers
Shadowing tellers
Filing and organizing client documents
Scheduling appointments for financial advisors
Pros
Staff are friendly
best job I have ever had
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2017
this is an excellent company to work for, with great employee benefits, staff functions , friendly co-workers, and overall employers to work for . I would definitely recommend this company to others.
Pros
free movies, drinks and discounts on food
Cons
food wasn't very good after a certain point during my time working there
Digital and Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Good people
A lot of protocol
Good teams
Medium pay
Good work balance
In general everything is good
Productive Work Place
Business Analyst Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
Work environment is good.

Working on the LAM Recon - Logical Access Management Process.

Also working on the Incident Management Report. For the weekly VP Meetings.
Great place to work at.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB13 June 2017
Great team experiences, and morning Huddleston. And weekly breakfast all together was always so fun. I really enjoyed the mini competitions all togther and team orientated goals.
Amazing place to work
Senior Programmer Analyst, Level (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
Worked as Report developer and had a lot of influence on how solutions could be done. Amazing place to uncover your talents.Great environment and very easy to commute to.
Pros
Lots opportunities to grow
Cons
Low pay
knowledgeable
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2017
everyday in the morning meeting which is motivational.
some fun activity for employees so they don't feel stress from work.
co operative staff.nice and healthy working environment .
Pros
i learn new softweare there .
Cons
far from my home
ScotiaBank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 June 2017
Processing transactions, working closely with customers, providing effective and efficient customer service, and additionally reviewing regulations and policies to keep up to date.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.