Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search
OK place to work but sadly they are closing a lot of jobs.
Agente de soutien opérationnel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
I've enjoyed working at Scotiabank for many years. They have good benefits and you have the possibility to move up in the company but sadly they are cutting a lot of jobs.
Loved working here, Friendly outgoing bunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
Everyone here was very supportive and understanding.
No racial discrimination, very diverse pool of employees.
Great customer experiences.
The hardest part about the job was having to recount the days incoming balances and working late. Not getting paid overtime.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
Long hours, not the greatest pay
Sr. CARDS Officer at Scotiabank (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Typical bank job, people are nice and there is a lot of opportunity to network within the business. Culture is okay but hours can be long and tiring depending on department
Forward thinking
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 June 2017
Multi task environment with challenging day to day work. Never a dull moment. Most enjoyable part is helping people become financially better off by creating detailed financial plans. Most difficult is adapting to multi level changes and compliance requirements.
Good place to start out
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2017
Great team and good learning experience with plenty of opportunities around. People are friendly and are very helpful in answering questions to assist you in pursuing your career.
A lot of good and bad
FA6 (Current Employee) –  Canada26 June 2017
People and employes are great. Many advantages come with the position as well as a good salary. However, the training is the worst part you could live through.
Great and wonderful company
Customer Service Representative (Casual on-call) (Former Employee) –  Thorhild, AB25 June 2017
I have enjoyed working with Scotia Bank. I have had a very positive experience and my coworkers have displayed a very good team work. The training I have received has above any of my expectations.
Pros
far to travel
Cons
Great and wonderful coworkers
Do not work here
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
The salary is laughable, compared to other markets (managing Service personnel) banks pay very little. And after working for them for over 15 years - there is no loyalty of the side of the bank - you will be tossed out on your wazoo.
The hours were very long, expectations extremely high, and depending on who the branch manager was - mainly you were expected to be at work from 8:00 - 19:00 but get paid only for 7.5 hours. Expectations and amount of work for 1 individual were staggering. If all other businesses burn to the ground and only banks remain on this planet - only then will I consider working for one. Overall - Pay = terrible, expectations and workload = extremely high, recognition for work well done etc = non-existent.
Pros
Staff rates on Mtg. etc.
Cons
Thrown to wolves after 15+ years with bank
Fun place to work .... friendly people
Executive Assistant and Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON22 June 2017
very interesting work ... meeting new people each day .... I worked in Commercial Credit, Administration, Mortages and Executive Asst to Managers. A daily challenge which was always something to look forward too ....
Pros
Paid for courses at McGill University
Productive and Ever Changing Work Environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 June 2017
A typical day as a Financial Advisor includes meeting with clients face to face and provide them with financial advise based on their daily banking, borrowing, investment and estate needs. I have had the pleasure of learning an abundance of useful financial planning information that I will be able to take forward in my personal and professional journey. I particularly enjoy being able to work together with clients to better their current financial situation while being able to invest in my own education that provides me with the knowledge to help others now and in the future.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Time management in relation to expectations
Great Coaching
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON20 June 2017
My managers have always been great- coaching me instead of telling me what to do. Their flexible around life, and always there to help while without the burden of micromanaging/
Good Stepping Stone for career
Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Good stepping stone for career in finance. Allow lots of opportunity to learn with funding to support continued education. Good to start and then leave for a better position.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Interesting!
Investment Risk Analyst - Dynamic Funds (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 June 2017
Gained an in depth understanding of Risk analysis associated with portfolios and asset management to assist decision making in terms of what securities to keep
Old school
Manager of Tax Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
one of the very last big banks to start restructure. Old school, needs many changes.
I would only recommend it to my friends, when the high school culture is changed
Great place to Work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON19 June 2017
I really enjoy working at Scotia Bank. I started when I was a student and came back after school. I prepared Mortgage documents and would send them to Law Offices across Canada.
Productive, fun place to work. Great people looking to change the industry with innovative ideas.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
High performing individuals looking to push the culture of banking forward into the new age. Constantly striving to improve quality and operations while breaking new grounds in the advancements of technology.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Compensation does not compare to other places for the same role.
very peaceful and productive work enveronment
Customer Relation Officer in collections (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
very interesting and productive environment, every body was help full, Strong team work, gender equity and equality.
supervisor and management team is very helpful and cooperative.
I learned about Scotia bank business, code of conduct, professional customer service, collection methods and regulations, dealing with customers .The most enjoyable part is every body is cooperative and as well as bank provided entertainment faculties for employees.
Pros
free tea, coffe, and other drinks
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON17 June 2017
I learned alot.Its a great place to work, however going through a 'restructure' and 'automation' is never fun. Looking to move on to a place that has a family first attitude.
I am very pepole persone, enjoy with team work
Scotia bank - Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  13219 Royal oak16 June 2017
I love working with Scotia back I really enjoy my Customer Manager role, our job is going to restructure so looking for new challenge. Scotia bank is multicultural bank .
Co-op
Co-operative Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2017
Typical day consisted of:
Refilling the printers
Greeting customers
Shadowing tellers
Filing and organizing client documents
Scheduling appointments for financial advisors
Pros
Staff are friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval