Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Great workplace with opportunities for advancement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB16 January 2017
My coworkers were a pleasure to be around, very helpful. The environment was very comfortable, and the opportunity to meet different characters everyday made the job even more interesting. There were a barrage of opportunities for higher advancement and acquiring different licenses.
Perfect place to work
Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 January 2017
Given a chance will definitely like to work again. Perfect environment, proper growth, good supportive people both colleagues as well as managers, many social activities.
Pros
Birthday Celebrations
Great team to work with
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
As I worked in a small branch the environment was great, we were like a family looking out for each other and helping each other. The largest benefit to this small branch was the close connection with our customers as well. It was a shame when we closed as that family was separated. Truly I learned many new things and met wonderful people which enriched my knowledge and work ethics.

Great team and place to work
great people, industry and focus on latinoamerica. Low salaries and not a great middle management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
Great industry and a company going through a lot of changes and without a clear direction. People are great and good pension and some of the benefits such as buying shares.
Pros
Industry, focus on lationamerica, some benefits
Cons
Low salaries, middle management, lack of focus
Horrible
Small Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wynyard, SK12 January 2017
Scotiabank is the worst business to work for. Their placement of Mangers and how these Managers are coached and treated is ridiculous. Not once was our Manager work/life balanced. Terrible pay, terrible structure, terrible benefits. They are not inline with their structure or values sat all. They will never be Canada's number one bank.
Great job!
Customer service/support rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
Every day was different as each customer had a unique request, loved to help them out and set them on their financial pathway. Staff were always dedicated to their customers
Pros
Great benefits
typical office atmosphere
Special Technical Advisory (Current Employee) –  1 adelaide st East, Toronto, ON11 January 2017
- Work was good
- The people I met were nice as well
- Management changed often
- The work hours were great, very flexible
- lots of turnover
Pros
great hours with lots of flexibility
Cons
too much turnover
Excellent work place.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Excellent opportunity for work and life balance. One of the multi national an multi cultural work place. Awarded as one of the best place to work for last few years.
Short contract
Solution Architect (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Short contract at Scotia - Management rules by fear. weekend and after hour work is a norm. People come and go like a revolving door. There is no strategic planning.
Steady employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Typical work day varies depending on who you are and who's your boss (some people get preferential treatment). Some people get in at 8.30 and by 9 they are out for half-hour coffee break, while some people never get to take breaks because they are so extremely busy.
I worked there for a long time and I have made some good and rewarding friendships.
Pros
Fast pace environment
Cons
Cliquey.
Nice place to work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Scotiabank is a nice place to work at. Head Office is very innovative. Work can be overwhelming sometimes. Lots of overtime that management is not necessarily willing to pay you. Very flexible. You have the opportunity to hone on your strengths to achieve your goals/targets. Office politics is the same as any other big 5 banks.
Pros
Very flexible.
Scotiabank
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Reason place to work, lots of changes as it Scotiabank is trying to redefine itself in the banking industry. Overall its a good place to start your career, but may only be a place to start not grow your career
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours, below average pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2017
I have been managing 6 to 8 employees. I train, coach and motivave the employees to achieve and surpass their and branch objectives. Sucessfully acheived the results for the branch with only 2 employees
Pros
Love my team
Cons
Need to do overtime sometimes
Great Workplace
Customer Support Officer/Investigation Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Scotiabank has been a great experience, I have learned a lot about Money Transfer and payments. Management has been great for me throughout my years as well as my coworkers. Great people and beautiful environment to work in. Everybody is so nice.

The hardest part of the job is the work volume which can be stressful at times. But the most enjoyable part is that you get to meet new people and make new friends.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Low pay
Many opportunities to grow.
Manager, Strategy & Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Good work-life balance and lots of opportunities to try different roles within the organization. Have held various positions within the organization and taken advantage of many of the varied networking events.
Customers SHOULD come first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab2 January 2017
Worked there for 10 years as customer service rep (teller) new manager came in and informed me my role was NOT customer service anymore but to make her money, she does not care about customers she is just focused on making money. Too many complaints from customers and hard to deal with. Otherwise loved the job, loved the people, lots of changes coming, maybe not all for the best.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Managment
Flexible working time frames
Financial advosor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge2 January 2017
Had a great 35 plus years
Highly recommend
Time management is the key and keeping up with technology is an asset
I was in a position to work flex time which helped balance my family life
Great training
Build very many long lasting loyal relationships

Great team work and great partners to draw upon depending on each clients needs
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Salary under what competition offers
Great Working Atmosphere
Senior Business Analyst, Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
The team, the environment and stakeholders were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend working in this space.
Enjoyable experience
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 December 2016
Worked with Scotiabank in several different position in different locations throughout the province of Alberta since 1988.
Non Supportive management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2016
Was told that my doctors notes that I provided were not sufficient because I went to a walk in clinic. Management did not provide adequate support in order to further career despite success planning in place.