Scotiabank Employee Review

Organized workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON18 September 2013
A typical day at work was to process customers banking orders. Having patience with customers is very important as you will deal with unhappy customers from time to time and need to learn how to handle the situation properly. The hardest part of my job would be that there was always so much to learn, but great training. I enjoyed the fact that if you stick with it, you have great chance with advancement in the company.
Cons
Casual position (not many hours offered)

Other Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Political and drama
teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2017
It's was a great job to be at but not very secure job. They have laid off people without us knowing the reason for 2 months. Which gave us anxiety. Left with no supervisor and no manager for months plus branch manager moved in different location it was very hard. Typical day at work is helping customer it was not physically exhausting but mentally and sanity draining but being with the right team can make your day lighter. Seriously, training in mcdonalds is better than Scotiabank. Because of goals being set to high everyone is pressured yearly to put more money in. Managers are very upsetting who does not even show gratitude.
Pros
benefits for regular employees
Cons
no proper training
a great bank to work for
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
- a great internal system to work with

- great banking products

- a good work and life balance

- a very successful bank in eliminating the paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.