Scotiabank Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work great co-workers.
LENDING SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2017
It was a fun place to work. Job was very busy and hard timelines which made the days go by fast and great atmosphere. Had a great sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Pros
Fun place to work good benefits.
Cons
Very busy
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 October 2017
This was a great place to work, however, the office is now closed due to a restructure. I am now looking to broaden the skills I have learned from this and previous positions.
Dated Work Space and Work Mentality
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON20 October 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me doing tasks that did not challenge me and I was not always given the tools I needed to do them successfully. More frustrating was the culture in terms of always reprimanding me for what I was wearing despite some employees being able to wear Crocs to work, but my leather Keds were "too casual".
Pros
Freen banking
Cons
Generational gap between management and CRs
Coop Student
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2017
It was a great experience to be able to do my placement there. The people were extremely nice and accepting, especially since I was only a high school student.
Very good place to work in except....
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
Very good environment to work in, i liked working with the people there, very friendly. The management team however is not very well organized and can take different opinions based on word or mouth....
Very Balanced with agile methodology
Sr.QA Automation / Selenium Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada17 October 2017
I like agile methodology used in Scotia bank. It will put you in a balanced work environment.
I througly enjoyed working culture with flexible working hours.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible working hours
Friendly Branch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 October 2017
An Excellente place to learn about Customer Service. Flexible hours. Coworkers are amicable. open door management culture.
The hardest part of the job is that we are not compensated fairly for what we do. The most enjoyable part is to work with regular a new clients. Every day is different.
Pros
friendly and knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
short staff, low wages, lack of training and coaching
Okay place to be but you can do better.
Real Time Analyst - Manager Support Centre (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 October 2017
Current management is a disaster. Way too many inconsistencies, and useless reports. Better to have an understanding of whats happening on the contact centre, so you get a good idea of what actually matters.
Pros
Free Bank Account
Cons
Too much inconsistency
working at scoti
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Scotia Bank
It is a very challenging environment
Management tends to go with contractors instead of keeping the projects within scotia bank. this is very disappointing.
A difficult, underpaid job.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
Working with Scotiabank was never an easy task, their systems were archaic but simple to use which caused issues accomplishing the sales goals they required. The management at Scotiabank seemed to care little for their staff unless you get them upset, and the payment you received was WELL under what you should have been making for the same job somewhere else.
Great company
GTB Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Great company to work for, but too Corporate on some levels. If you don't network you will not get any where, but if too many people know you, Senior members get jealous.
As per below
Lending Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
Supporting Lending services portfolio for the Ontario Region Agriculture Banking, reviewing daily overdrafts, Deliquencies , preparing Temporary Overrun request, funding, Doc Preparation, Daily conference calls with the field
Pros
Good rapport with entire Team
Cons
Relocation
Too many changes and not for the better
Customer Representative (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Consistently reconfiguring the organization leading to low moral due to inconsistant communication with front line staff. Not really room for advancement.
Pros
free accounts and credit products
Cons
poliies are not adheared to
Great place to work!
Regional Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2017
It's a great place to work. Good work life balance. Less opportunity for career advancement (out-side of head office).

I strongly recommend for those who wants to learn and start their career.
Great workplace!
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  toronto11 October 2017
I enjoyed my years with ScotiaBank. I learned so much and passed on my knowledge during my training days. I hope to get back into the Finance word in the coming year.
Pros
Cons
Some Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
It is a great place to work, and have enjoyed working. Colleagues are friendly, and management with great support. Organization with great culture .
Environnement de travail productive, informatif et agréable
Représentant service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC10 October 2017
Travailler à la Banque Scotia me permet jour après jour d'être un meilleur employé pour accomplir les besoins des clients.
Knowledgeable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 October 2017
Assisting clients daily with their everyday transactional needs. Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be filing, making labels for files, inputting data into the system, and so much more. Very friendly people and great workplace atmosphere. Very professional and you get to learn lots of new things frequently.
Great Organisation
Senior Information Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Great Organisation - Full of learning, awesome team, good work culture, a perfect organization to learn, earn and to have fun. Glad to be a part of Scotia Team.
Fun staff
Small Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
Excellent staff to bond with, we all share the same uncertainty of our jobs. Its sad that HO knowingly kept for years, long term demoralizing managers simply because of their sonority. Most had zero education regarding staff management, and developed attitudes towards anyone new, that may pose a threat to them. Happily , HO has seen the light due to completion, has interviewed all staff across Canada, with their preverbal promise there will be no reprisal. They have totally purged all uneducated aggressive demoralizing managers of late. Who knows is next!
Pros
Branch Staff
Cons
Long term managers with no education holding onto old school demorizing attitudes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.