Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Nice people, low pay
Alberta - Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 10, 2016
Was a customer service representative. The people there are really nice, however the paycheque isn't very good. Was the lowest paid job I had. I quit as I was going to school, which was good timing as the branch manager told us of upcoming layoffs, branch closures, and less hours available.

And you get assigned to a committee, you don't get a choice to do it or not. I was on the fundraiser committee or whatever it was. Was responsible to organize volunteer stuff, bake sales, all stuff I had no interest in.
Pros
1 hour break, 2 15 min breaks.
Cons
Pay sucks
Very much satisfied with my employer.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I love working for my employer, have so much to be proud of the team. My typical day at work is filled with meeting many people, some are well known some are new people to service. Both are very much interesting and every interaction is precious to me. I have learned how help our customers to become financially better off. My management is very professional and also caring, providing us with all the tools for growth as well. Co-workers are great team members and also my friends. Hardest part is to continuously achieve and maintain our goals. And the most enjoyable part of the job are our customers and our daily interactions.
Executive Assistant at scotiabank
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Part of the reason I love this job so much…there’s no such thing as a typical day! One day, I could be spending half the day arranging meetings and the other half producing a PowerPoint presentation for my boss. The next day I could be working with’ staff members on a IT appropriation request and then ‘catering’ an informal reception for college staff hosted by the VP. Everyday is different.”
Best place to gain experience, Average salary, Awesome Job Culture
Customer Service/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Maintained various records as per requirements and handling books and files
Managed customer data base by completing data entry and maintaining balances at month end
Preparation of various documents relating to appointments, rescheduling, and correspondence outlining customer concerns
Fast-forward style banking.
Business Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
There is a phased approach to releases for the projects I have worked on. As the SME I am involved in all facets of the project and therefore I am always under the gun. I have to work many evenings and weekends, it is an unsustainable pace for the whole team.

It was fun and productive for the first few years, but I am now looking for a change.
Cons
Very Tight deadlines
Innovative and learning opportunity
Decision Support Services Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Scotiabank has given me an immense opportunity to grow my career path and learning growth. The values-Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus and Integrity- have been integrated with my day to day activities which have contributed to achieve my career objectives.
Pros
Forward thinking, learning growth
Have been a long time employee
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONApril 14, 2016
Always a rewarding, enjoyable place to work. Fellow staff members easy going and positive to work with.
Have learned a lot about dealing with people on a daily basis.
Have learned how to deal with change in an ever changing environment in a fast paced work place
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
Dealing with public can be exhausting
A great professional culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at the bank includes dealing with a lot of people with different personalities and backgrounds, and providing clients with financial services. I've been lucky to work with a great team where i've learnt a lot from my manager. My team members are great, Scotia has a great culture to work in.
Great Canadian Bank
Program/Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
They have a vision of where they want to go and they are sticking to it. The company takes care of mobilizing their workforce between offices with regular shuttle service. They'll also get you to the GO Train station. Also award winning as a Best Place to Work in Canada. Highly recommended.
Fun place to work but unclear about the directives
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 16, 2016
The job was good because of the people around who were making it interesting. The clients were nice and easy to deal with. The hardest part of the job was knowing exactly what your expectations were on a daily basis. It was unclear as to what are the statictics that were important for your job.
Banks don't pay good.
Personal Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Unfortunately the pay isn't that great despite the record profits they make. Recognition is great for the things you do they just don't like to compensate for it. Co workers and people were great. Typical day included talking to clients about banking products working with the systems to sell clients on products, mortgages and investments. Really heavy on the lending side.
Pros
Coworkers, Management
Cons
no pay for the amount of effort you make
Global enterprise with a social projection
MANAGER - ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Scotiabank is revamping its strategy to turn into a financial technology company. Culture rewards continued learning and social involvement. It is one of the few places in Canada where Spanish language is an asset. Our department has a long-standing collaborative culture.
Very professional workforce. Demanding projects that exposed me to the Business, Technology and Vendors
Project Manager/Project Coordinator - HR Projects (Former Employee) –  Downtown TorontoApril 10, 2016
Because of my diverse background, my contract involved a variety of different task and roles. From the PCO perspective I organized project meetings, minutes and issue logs.
From an analyst perspective I authored various scope and test strategy documents as well as the project plans which were used to manage projects.
Team was very professional and receptive to share their time and views on a variety of issues.Interfacing with the team was possible the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment.
HRSS had a variety of end users in the Business community and being a contractor, determining where/who to go to in order to get issues resolved, signed off was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
Extremely cooperative team
Cons
Requirements constantly changed; week manager
fast paced environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  100 Yonge streetJanuary 26, 2016
My typical day at work was to run the day to day Operations of the Insurance Centers, Assist the Agents with managing their calendars to optimize their time management for customers. Leasing with building management and contractors for various projects that needed to be completed. Ran daily reports for head office management and kept Centre costs down by keep efficient record of invoices and expenses .
Pros
Good core values
Cons
not having a manager for 7 months
Great Learning Opportunity
Human Resource Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Wonderful work atmosphere with trained staff who are more than happy to help.

Learned communication skills, policy, legislative requirements and procedures which are essential to any HR position.
Pros
Presentations
Cons
Primarily an Administrative Function
Respect and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
 Resolved service concerns by clarifying customer complaints and followed up to ensured resolution.
 Explained organization’s mission and customer service standards to new employees.
 Contributed to team effort and accomplished targeted sales goals.
Stable jobs, but inefficient work process
Manager - Customer Knowledge and Insight (Current Employee) –  TotontoFebruary 9, 2016
As a successful corporation Scotiabank provides a stable environment with good pay, benefit and learning opportunities. However, work flows are inefficient. It takes a long time to initiate projects as everything involves multi-layer management and often projects are done redundantly in multiple teams.
Scotiabank
Small business (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Scotiabank had a strong sense of culture and typically a day at work started with reviewing previous days work and clients accounts to ensure their accounts where in order and not in overdraft.

After which time I would make calls to existing and non-existing clients to book sales appointments for the coming days follow up client meetings throughout the days. There was also about 2 hours of paperwork per day.

The people that worked for Scotia where mostly very friendly and reasonable with the work life balance.

Hardest part of the job is simply, like most banks, sales versus credit procedure.
Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 5, 2016
I liked working for Scotiabank, I had some amazing managers and co workers and they never let the work load get to crazy that lead to any stress. My one issue is for almost every position they pay less than market rates.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Below Average Salaries
Scotiabank has been a good place to work with great people and lots of opportunities to learn.
Senior Manager, Wealth Management Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
I have worked at Scotiabank for over two decades and have had a variety of roles. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Diverse operations and business lines
Cons
Large institution, so approvals move slowly.