Scotiabank

Scotiabank Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wish I Left Sooner
Small Business Advisor (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Too many to list
Scotiabank can be a very difficult company to work for. I worked in 5 different branches during my 4 years there, progressively working my way up through the sales roles. I can't believe how political the company is. Many of the people in upper management don't deserve their positions at all. There is such great disconnect between them and the retail branches. Also, Scotiabank is notorious for paying much less than its competitors, and the benefits are not as competitive. For example, everyone's base pay is based off the average "market reference" for a similar job in the industry. I didn't know a single person who made the market reference or anywhere near it, and that is just the industry average. The closest I got is when I went to the extent of getting a competitor offer, and then trying to get them to match it. I only got 95% of the market reference. The last year was horrible and the drastic changes they made during the "One Customer One Bank" caused almost 100% of the sales team at my branch to quit, along with many other branches, which also negatively effects the customers. The amount of people who have gone on long-term disability and have taken early retirement due to the working conditions is scary. The pressure and stress to pay ratio the bank is putting on its employees just isn't right. However, on the bright side they are so desperate to hire new sales members that it's a great "in" to Financial Service and anybody who sticks around for a year or two can quickly move up within the branch because there are constantly openings due to people leaving.

I did work with many amazing people though during my time with the bank, and had some great managers, who I will remain friends with.
Team friendly environment
Head Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Long hours
Working for the Bank of Nova Scotia is an excellent experience, as the company puts a huge focus on team work and this is easily displayed at the branch level. Management does a great job in assisting customer service representatives with any internal issues or concerns. Supervisors look to provide on the job assistance and make everyday a bit easier. Most enjoyable part of the job is to provide customers with an excellent experience and seeing their financial lifestyle grow for the better.
Great company but some buts!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: Not enough hours yet they keep hiring
Good job but as a casual rep, you don't get enough or zero hours. Could go a month without any hours, they tell you it is because they have limited hours to allocate, yet they keep hiring more reps. I find RBC more convenient and best for that reason. Love it!
HRA (Current Employee), TorontoApril 29, 2015
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), TorontoApril 27, 2015
Pros: Very Diverse Technology
Cons: None
Diverse technology to work. Great team environment. I have learned many new technologies during here including SCOM, SCCM, AD
Canada's most international bank
PRODUCT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2015
Excellent place to work for banking professionals with a latin background. Scotiabank has extensive presence in LATAM, Central America and the Caribbean.
Productive, critical thinking, professional
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Pictou, NSApril 22, 2015
Processing mortgages, loans, cash management, night deposits and customer focus. Providing excellent customer service.
The hardest part is being disrespected by supervisors in an open setting.
Great benefits
Great pay wage
Job Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Business Hours - Close at a good time
If you are a person who likes a daily routine, this would be a job for you. You need to have good peoples skills to communicate and build relationships with clients. The better the relationship the easier the transactions. Always need to keep updating yourself with new products and changes. Good job while in Uni.
Great company to work for
Senior Banking Advisor/Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Milton OntarioApril 13, 2015
Busy workplace. Excellent environment and team. Loved the role.
A lot of opportunities for advancement. Supportive company.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table along with gym
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2015
Pros: One hour lunches, Assigned duties
Cons: None
- 8am-4pm shift
-Punctuality, Accuracy
-Management was very helpful
-Working as a team member
-Deadlines
-Friendly environment
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Brooklin Town CentreApril 9, 2015
Working with The bank has been truely a great Experience. Management that i have worked with in the bank as Teller or as financial advisor has been very supporting. The best part of my job is working with the my co-workers. I have moved from location to location everytime i was blessed with a great team. Scotiabank staff really believes in their moto "One Team One Goal."
productive fun place
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2015
good day at work

learned to trouble shoot various scotiabank computer software over

the phone in french and english.

nice co workers

not being able to resolve a problem for the client in the same day due to the complexity of the issue. (happens every now and then)

good hours all holidays off fun environment.
Credit Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto ONApril 3, 2015
My experience is that Management up to Senior Director's are not very strong leaders and that has a negative impact on the workforce.
Productive and fun place to work
Small Business advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great work atmosphere
Cons: none
Great company to work for. The culture is amazing and the people are dynamic and friendly. I enjoy going to work everyday.
Productive and Interactive Workplace with many Customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Interacting with customers
Cons: Not balancing at the end of the night and having to find the issue
A typical day at work consists of helping customers do their day-to-day banking: Depositing and withdrawing money, making bill payments, providing customer assistance with their bank accounts, drafts/money orders, and assisting with our many products. I also set up daily cash registers for my other employees, as well as balancing all of our cash at the end of the night. I learn about all our different products, as well as using the different computer programs necessary for the job. I love working with my co-workers, we all get along very well and help each other when needed. I love working with customers and interacting with new faces everyday.
Work life balance
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 21, 2015
Scotiabank is an excellent employer to work for. I am a proud Scotiabanker but I am looking for further advancement without moving from London, Ontario.
Fun place with nice people
Jr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 17, 2015
My day to day duties were following the ticketing system and checking my servers or users if they have any issues, resolving all types of issues in the environment.

I learned alot from this job and i was also able to share my knowledge with my colleagues.

My manager and my colleagues were very friendly towards me.
Fast pace
Operational Analyst (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 15, 2015
-Start time 8:30 - review emails action emails.
-prepare daily account flattening spreadsheet.
-assist with unmatched trades and follow-up with internal departments and clients.
- work on emails on a priority basis - constant multi-tasking
- my co-workers are hardworking individuals - great personalities and we all get along very well.
Great place with kind friendly people
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 11, 2015
My day to day duties were going in signing on to my computer, checking if i have any tickets, checking my mail to see if i had any meetings, and went on with my day resolving any type of issues that occurred in the environment.

My managers and colleagues were friendly towards me.
Supportive and learning place
Analyst, Data Governance, Finance, DSS (Current Employee), 1 Richmond St, TorontoMarch 8, 2015
Pros: excelling the learning and growing career development
I am involved with the analysis of Change Request that impact on financial reporting from the holistic view of the bank. Also involve with the process to document and improve the existing one. I am really glad to have an opportunity to be at Scotiabank due to its contribution to my career improvement. Management is very participative and gives values to the micro level employees, if they can contribute towards improving the processes and the way of work going on. It is my privilege to work with my colleagues. They are very supportive and indicative for excelling my key skillsets. I like the leading the meeting held in every week

1 2 3 4 5

About Scotiabank

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more