Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Customer service
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Training was good
Security good
Employees were easy to get along with
Job is low stress, which is a pro
Repetitive meanial tasks a con
Was a safe enjoyable job
Pros
Training was great
Cons
Wages are low
Productive, supportive, equal opportunities.
Data Governance Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
Good place to work at. I work as an analyst as an intern position and have support from my manager. I am looking for a permanent opportunity with a decent pay.
Customer Service, Respect, a “Can-Do” attitude, Innovation, and Fun
Build & Release Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices. I’m comfortable working independently as well as part of a collaborative environment. I enjoy the daily challenges associated with enterprise-level software development and testing for a highly sophisticated customer base. I have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about new technology and customer requirements. I’m an adept problem solver and thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
Scotiabank
Customer Service Officer, Investments (part time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
Still bank there. Great company to work for.
The NE building was beautiful and full of amenities
Sales driven culture
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 May 2017
Focus on acquiring new business as deposits. Lost of turnover in company especially in the early years. Minimum commitment of 2 years per position unless doing extremely well in role.
To each their own
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON18 May 2017
It wasn't for me, But if sales is what drives you then you have found the place to be. They are great to their staff, and have a fantastic work/life balance.
Great work experience and network opportunity.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
As the branch leader I was responsible for the overall success of the branch. This includes meeting financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch's retail and small business portfolio as well as achieving other objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness. I provided direction to the branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall Domestic Bank Strategy of Scotiabank, developing a customer-focused sales culture. This includes primary responsibility for embedding and sustaining sales and service management activities the branch as well as selling customized financial solutions using a financial planning approach to meet customer needs and business objectives.
Pros
Personal Development- Leadership/Relationship Building/Networking
Cons
Employees are a number only! Their contribution and efforts at times truly go on unnoticed.
Standard banking business
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Making wealth isn't an easy task and requires to find ways before the competition, in order to stay ahead of the game. Therefore it will be required to always be beyond the norm.
Pros
Notorious company
Cons
Advancement isn't a straight and obvious process
Professional , goal oriented atmosphere
teller/customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 May 2017
Scotiabank was a great company (financial institution) to work for. The focus was on providing excellent customer service, and I really enjoyed working as part of a team.
Very Fun workplace
Concession/Beer Distributor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Most events all were later in the afternoon or night which is perfect if you want a side job or something to keep you busy for extra cash. A very fun and eventful environment. If you are friendly and talkitive you will recieve lots of tips.
People are kind
Quality Assurance Analyst - Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
People are kind and willing to help each other. There are table tennis and coffee shop inside the company. The innovation is completed with new painting and furniture.
Good Stepping Stone
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2017
I worked at Scotiabank for under 1 year. I was a financial advisor. Overall, the job is not overly difficult. The training I received I would consider "poor". Most of it is reading modules on a white page.. not very stimulating and very difficult to do for hours on end. I found in my original branch that it was a very supportive training environment, however after a month I was placed in my permanent branch, and all of that changed. The focus was sales sales sales all the time. The manager did not care about my development, as long as I was making sales. Selling insurance on credit cards was deemed an automatic sale, and I was to get the sale every time no matter what, even when many clients simply did not want or need the insurance. I became very stressed about work because of both the guilt of forced sales and the pressure to sell. It affected my life at home, at which time I decided to move on from banking. I would say that 99% of what you read in articles about working in banking is true.
Pros
Free Banking, Decent Benefits, Lots of perks when it comes to finance products
Cons
Poor training, high sales pressure
Getting down to basics
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
They were trimming down their operations to concentrate on banking.
As a consequence a lot of good people left instead of transferring somewhere else internally....
Sr. Operations Officer, Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2017
Scotiabank provides lots of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to relocate to where the jobs are. Processes and positions are constantly changing to keep up with the changing market needs.
Pros
job security
Cons
never enough training
good
Project Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Project portfolio Management and Reporting Data Analytics and Resource Management
Critical Problem Solving & Analysis Financial Tracking – Change Management
Process Improvement/Reengineering Six Sigma Green Belt capabilities and experience
Project Management & Development Life Cycle Leadership & Cross Functional Team Building
Good place to work at
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Colleagues are nice to work with and friendly. The work and life can be very balanced and it depends on the individual. Overall, the culture is quite good.
Always Different
Operations Officer, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
The work day would never be different. Some days would be really buys and some days would be dead. All the employees here and really nice and easy to talk to. The work is not difficult, but can be overwhelming at times.
Productive,friendly workplace
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
friendly workplace, give room for advancement of career, encourage team work, provide an international view of decision making, encourage work-life balance.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
work can be demanding sometimes
A bit behind the times
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 May 2017
Scotiabank is a good place to work all around, although the pay is not the highest it is still good and the work life balance is great. the management is ok.
Pros
work life, low stress
Cons
slow management, less work security, lower pay
its ok
Bilingual retail banking officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 May 2017
the people are great, the management is helpful but the money is not enough. There is no room to advance as there is so much compitition and so few openings
Pros
people, culture
Cons
money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval