Scotiabank Employee Reviews for Teller

Prodyctive, good people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK10 January 2018
Lots of fun working here. Always lots to learn and great incentives for employees. The people were great and the customers were pretty good as well. Training was provided too, which was nice.
Political and drama
teller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2017
It's was a great job to be at but not very secure job. They have laid off people without us knowing the reason for 2 months. Which gave us anxiety. Left with no supervisor and no manager for months plus branch manager moved in different location it was very hard. Typical day at work is helping customer it was not physically exhausting but mentally and sanity draining but being with the right team can make your day lighter. Seriously, training in mcdonalds is better than Scotiabank. Because of goals being set to high everyone is pressured yearly to put more money in. Managers are very upsetting who does not even show gratitude.
Pros
benefits for regular employees
Cons
no proper training
Relief Teller (Current Employee) –  Pictou, NS7 December 2017
The management at Scotiabank have been great to me when it come to anything having to do with my two kids. I am casual and sometimes i have set hours and other times it on call. I have learned a lot in the four years that i have been there. The hardest part of my job is when the lines are long and customers get unhappy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I work with that make the day go great and help you when you need it.
great place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
good staff friendly environment, only downside is they ask you to sell some substandard products to clients. I had to leave because of this reason alone.
friendly staff and a great company to work for
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL24 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Scotia Bank, the staff was great and the customers made me smile, I have met many people through working at the bank and I have learned many things about customer service and putting the customers first.
Pros
great environment
Cons
cut back in hours
Dated Work Space and Work Mentality
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON20 October 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me doing tasks that did not challenge me and I was not always given the tools I needed to do them successfully. More frustrating was the culture in terms of always reprimanding me for what I was wearing despite some employees being able to wear Crocs to work, but my leather Keds were "too casual".
Pros
Freen banking
Cons
Generational gap between management and CRs
Excellent place of work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 September 2017
Scotiabank branches have an excellent atmosphere and many opportunities for advancement, if you are interested in sales. If not a salesperson, opportunities are limited.
Understanding and Helpful
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON25 September 2017
The employees and management are always very helpful with any questions and concerns and are always willing to help you excel and help you succeed in your career path
large company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2017
loved working for the bank. i got to learn different postitions in my time there. the part time hours were not enough for me. i did work in a few of the banks in sylvan lake and red deer to keep part time position. hours were cut and i had to find a more permanent job
Pros
constant learning
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2017
Its been awhile since I worked at the Bank of Nova Scotia but it was the most rewarding job I ever had. Wouldn't mind going back. I gained a lot of experience there coming right out of high school. The company was very willing to help you in various ways to better yourself . They offered me a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Contract work
Bank Teller (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 July 2017
It was not easy to work as a teller in this bank, because of the constant pressure to sell their products. There was a certain quota which had to be met, and the position was only on contract.
Nice
Teller (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 June 2017
Great place to work it teaches you temperaments of everyday clientele and how banking really works in Canada. Great place to get your foot through the door!
I like a soccer game
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
Toronto Is a diversity City and multicultural society. I learned so much about the job opportunity, I enjoy working with people because every day you learn something from the new people that you serve a customer service. However some days it is too busy to talk to the customers just greeting and how you can help the customer for particular transactions that they want to do it. I got along with the management because I do what they assign me. the hardest part of the job is when you try to help the customer and customer tell you he is not satisfied and he wants someone else to help him, I got disappointment because I am hardworking and I want always customer to be first and answer their questions. the most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy the customer with smile and happiness
Pros
free lunches
good bank
Balancing Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 March 2017
This depends on what branch and city you are located in. If you are anywhere in the GTA your life will consist of travel to get to work, work a full day and more, then wait in traffic on the way home. Upper management is very $$ focused. Most branch managers are completely out of touch with their staff which is unfortunate. The teller team itself usually bands together which makes for work to be more enjoyable.
one of the best jobs i've had to date
Relief Teller (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 February 2017
When working for Scotiabank, I usually work 4-8 hours, which is ideal for me. i've learned excellent customer service skills, as we have a large number of people that come into the bank with a complaint. I would say the amount of clients that come in during the day is the most stressful. it feels like the line never ends! the management and my co-workers are what make my job so enjoyable - and the AMAZING customers that Scotiabank has.
Amazing people, good job.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON17 February 2017
The employees were a lot of fun and aided in my training. It is a small branch so my direct supervisor was able to train me personally. She helped me feel more comfortable and is very knowledgeable.

It was a great learning environment for me.
Pros
Hour long lunches, professional but not over the top
Scotia Bank
Teller (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 February 2017
Working at this company allows you to interact with my different customer portfolio's and work on your presentation skills. Being able to communicate with every age group, allows you to become a better problem solver and think analytically. A great job and has a lot of experience.
Pros
Learning and free lunchs
Cons
non to be taken
A great work culture that taught more than customer service.
Balancing Teller (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2017
Scotiabank is a great company that I was honoured and grateful to be a part of. As a balancing teller I learned more than just how to deal with customers, but to adapt to changing technologies, computer softwares and new systems of work that were put in place.
Very Productive
8 Teller (Former Employee) –  Paradise Island Bahamas25 November 2016
a typical day is very orderly, I learnt the keys toexcellent customer service with my clients and also every customer i came in contact with while I was employed at Scotiabank Bahamas. My co-workers and I were able to work together on our common goals and the effects shown when we got our PAR reviews for each quarter. The hardest part of the job was to stay "excellent" at every given point of the day as humans are subject to errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the people I had come in contact over the years of being employed at Scotiabank.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
miscommunication
Layoffs
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2016
They are cutting hours as well as positions therefore you are required to do more than normal job duties. You are in charge of making multiple referrals, knowledgeable about products, learning different systems and transactions. Hard work is not appreciated and just meeting expectations is not enough.
Pros
paid 15 minute break
Cons
no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.