Scotiabank Employee Reviews for Customer Representative

Great work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2017
Dealing with customers is amazing and you become close with some of the customers. The employees are amazing and will always teach you new ways of doing tasks or how to go about some situations. If you are a quick learner, this job is perfect for you as you will learn a lot and be able to take what you learn into your own life experiences.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Very good place to work in except....
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
Very good environment to work in, i liked working with the people there, very friendly. The management team however is not very well organized and can take different opinions based on word or mouth....
Too many changes and not for the better
Customer Representative (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Consistently reconfiguring the organization leading to low moral due to inconsistant communication with front line staff. Not really room for advancement.
Pros
free accounts and credit products
Cons
poliies are not adheared to
Good plave to advanve customer skills. Always learning something new. Open on Saturdays as well. Multicultral employer.
Customer Representative - Casual (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 September 2017
Good place to advance customer service skills and meet new people.

Always learning something new. Learn more and more about the digital world.

Open on Saturdays now as well.

Multicultral employer
Good job to learn the basics
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2017
Good job experience to learn about finances, accounting, talking to customers, selling, as well has basic economic concepts applied to the real world.
poor management
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
poor mannagement with no respect. Mirco management, no funs. sales target always push employees to work extrat and overtime. No support for your career development. But co-workers were nice since everyone is on the same boat.
Embracing change
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON19 July 2017
With the shift to self-service banking, changes are happening in Scotiabank. They aim to accommodate current employees in their positions while opening new ones aimed at embracing new technology.
Good team workplace.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 June 2017
Scotiabank is good. Has a great team environment and good training. The hours of operation provide a good balance between work and life events. Everyone is friendly.
Great people
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
The branch system has provided me with great professional experienceand some great friends. This position is a great opportunity to learn about customer's expectations and honestly your time management skills.
Pros
Great Management
Excellent work environment & great people.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC31 January 2017
Excellent work environment at Scotia bank & people have great work ethic. Scotia bank provides excellent training and salary.
At Scotia bank , people are treated with respect.
Fun People, Tough Job
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
Fun People, Tough Job, customer heavy, Great location, Low Salary, A strong chance of progression within the bank. a lot of opportunities
Pros
People
Cons
Very Low Salary
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
I have learned a lot from my job and the co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with. I loved working with customers and help them with their needs. Meeting new clients was very enjoyable.
Multi-tasking
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 August 2016
Throughout my time at the bank each day consisted of assisting clients, giving them financial guidance, and informing them of services available to fit their needs. I learned to work with a team and contribute to a positive working environment. Meeting different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Not as good of a job as people think
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2016
Scotiabank was a good place to work. It no longer values its employees. It does not care for those who have served them for most of their careers. There is no job security anymore.
Excellent customer service
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC27 June 2016
Had the opportunity to cross train as Financial Advisor, opened new chequing, savings, investment accounts and set up loans.
Nice people, low pay
Alberta - Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2016
Was a customer service representative. The people there are really nice, however the paycheque isn't very good. Was the lowest paid job I had. I quit as I was going to school, which was good timing as the branch manager told us of upcoming layoffs, branch closures, and less hours available.

And you get assigned to a committee, you don't get a choice to do it or not. I was on the fundraiser committee or whatever it was. Was responsible to organize volunteer stuff, bake sales, all stuff I had no interest in.
Pros
1 hour break, 2 15 min breaks.
Cons
Pay sucks
no hours, not the best management
Customer representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 May 2016
barely give their " casual or part time" employees any hours or notice of hours of work.

Do NOT care if you have $$ to feed your family or not. They do not care about their customers as a credit union would
Pros
N/a
Cons
Evenings/weekends/mangement
Very much satisfied with my employer.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2016
I love working for my employer, have so much to be proud of the team. My typical day at work is filled with meeting many people, some are well known some are new people to service. Both are very much interesting and every interaction is precious to me. I have learned how help our customers to become financially better off. My management is very professional and also caring, providing us with all the tools for growth as well. Co-workers are great team members and also my friends. Hardest part is to continuously achieve and maintain our goals. And the most enjoyable part of the job are our customers and our daily interactions.
Great student job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 May 2016
learned to deal with various customer situations
experienced a professional business setting
close culture with co-workers
team orientated
Balancing teller, customer service representative
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2016
Great atmosphere with coworkers and public. I was responsible for balance all currencies daily. Dealt with customers and their concerns. Directed phone calls and inquiries to the proper individual.
Pros
Daily hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.