Scotiabank Employee Reviews

So much stress lately
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Work life was good until last year lately, it's being very hectic. Putting pressure on all employees asking for more sales. The morale is down with most of the employees.
Challenging environment
Small business &Professional Banking (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2017
I love working with the public this job allows me to do this . I am a mobile smaller business advisor and love going out to meet clients and really get to knowing their businesses and what they need to succeed. There always competitions which I strive to win rewarding and recognizing individuals and teams for their achievements is very important it creates a happy productive work environment
Pros
Tickets to games, lunches, theatre etc
Cons
Management is not flexible
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I have learned a lot about Scotiabank and myself while working for this company.
this is a company that I could see myself re-joining in the future however in a different role.
Better banking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 March 2017
Loved this position. Only reason I had left was to go to school for more banking knowledge, or else I would still be employed by scotiabank. I still have a relationship with my supervisor, whom was the best.
Pros
MANAGEMENT CARED ABOUT EMPLOYEES
Cons
BRANCH CLOSED DOWN
Good place to learn as a student
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
I had lots of opportunity to engage with senior management and learn from people in different positions. It was a great place to be as a student and use the skills that I learned in the classroom.
Scotiabank is an excellent place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 March 2017
Scotiabank is an excellent place to work
People at Scotiabank is really disciplined and committed to do the best job
Scotiabank is highly organized
Scotiabank has excellent technology and is willing to provide excellent service to its customers
People at Scotiabank is very professional
Fun place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place to work for. I enjoyed working at scotiabank for many years and will cherish throughout my life. Thank you Scotiabank - you rock! Scotiabank is multicultural place.
Serious, relaxed and balanced place to learn
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Underwrite credits, spreading financials, lots of research on different industries and companies to determine if they are safe to finance loans to. The people are all very supportive and willing to explain their thought processes and approaches to younger staff members.
Pros
Job security, learn a lot about financing, supportive leadership.
Cons
Slow promotion, boring work environment and quite coworkers.
It's a place worth working
Linux Infrastructure Analyst (DevOps) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Scotia IT Infrastructure team is thriving introducing new technologies and platforms. You'll have end to end exposure and are free to walk up to teams to know and find or even learn things.
Portfolio managements, Franchises, Professional Banking Segment
Business and Professional Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
Best platform to learn how to build COI's and develop business. I learnt small to medium business's financing. I was very successful in health care segment.
Ok place to work
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 March 2017
Demands were very high. I loved helping people however the product pushing for clients that wouldn't benefit was enormous. I enjoyed preparing financial plans for clients and helping them achieve their overall financial goals
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte County, NB17 March 2017
Excellent workplace to have a job. Immigrant friendly and support career advancement. I especially like their community volunteering. But, emerging of technology in banking system eliminates some job positions and has been replaced by machines.
Pros
Recognition and appreciation days for both customers and employees.
Cons
More part time/ contractual than full-time offered job.
Excellent working Environment for new immigrants
Financial Advisor Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Supportive staff
excellent HR
reputed bank
but your experience may vary from branch to branch as each branch has its own unique culture. Its on you how you blend and adjust
Pros
Professional approach.
Cons
Computer application is a bit complicated
Nice experience in Banking domaim...
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
I had little experience earlier working in banking domain but my older experience was very limited. Even though Scotia Bank liked my profile and gave me a chance to be a part of their IT Team. I thank all for the all the support and learning.
Very good place to work
Associate Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
My team at Scotiabank was amazing to work with. Everyone was very friendly and helpful as well as willing to help me grow as an employee. Also, I found there to be many benefits to working for a company such as Scotiabank such as company perks.
Lot of legacy procedures
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Organization's top level management is geared up for change whereas the mid level management is not up for change yet or they are not finding the right strategy for implementing "change".
My evaluations
Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 March 2017
I very much enjoyed working for the company as I was there for a very long time. I really enjoyed the customer aspect of it.I was able to achieve understanding my customers as well I very well established relation ship with them all. I am great full for that. I learned a lot from working at Scotia Bank. Very great full.
Pros
I enjoyed working for the company
Cons
I wish I could of stayed longer
Risk Control self Assessment Program
Senior Manager Risk Control Self Assessment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
A very stressful position. The hardest part of job was to coordinate several subsidiaries in various countries to standardize the risk control self-assessment program in international banking
Scotiabank
Senior Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ont10 March 2017
There on a contract basis. Found the members of my team hard working. Management was adequate. Projects were challenging. Working with the business side of the company was a pleasure.
Pros
Good people, certain management levels good
Cons
Bureaucratic, policital
If you can, go to RBC or TD...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 March 2017
Pay is decent, however training program was insufficient. Systems are OLD, the departments you are meant to call when you need assistance almost never give you the right answer, or don't answer and tell you to leave a vm or send an email.

Management sucks, do not care about people. My branch had SEVERAL (about 4 or 5) employees who were sick with various terminal illnesses such as lung disease, breast cancer and some other illnesses that required them to take a leave of 2months +, management didnt even send a get well card.....
Pros
decent pay + annual bonus
Cons
stressful job, no support, employess are undervalued

81%