Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

one bank, one team one goal
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 22, 2016
wonderfull enviroment, advancement opportunity, team athmospere, long working hours, multitasking a must, digital age - job security
Scotiabank - One Team, One Goal
Payroll Accounting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Worked in a dynamic team with experienced and professional individuals, to constantly overcome difficult obstacles and to achieve the bank's goal.
Friendly work environment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2016
Good hours for full time employees.Paid breaks and benefit package. Good training provided for new employees.Great employee incentives.
Pros
Locations
Cons
Casual employee
Push push push product.
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
A 90 year old man walks into your office... push an Amex Gold (or what ever the product of the week is) on him. Its all about meeting your targets (even targets your Branch Manager has added to the official targets), do not matter whats good for the client.
Great Workplace and like a big family
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCJune 12, 2016
Great colleagues
Learned how the banking world works
Learned what stress is al about
Taught me how to communicate with the public and become a people person
Pros
Greta benefits
Cons
The Bank Hold Ups
Nice people, low pay
Alberta - Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 10, 2016
Was a customer service representative. The people there are really nice, however the paycheque isn't very good. Was the lowest paid job I had. I quit as I was going to school, which was good timing as the branch manager told us of upcoming layoffs, branch closures, and less hours available.

And you get assigned to a committee, you don't get a choice to do it or not. I was on the fundraiser committee or whatever it was. Was responsible to organize volunteer stuff, bake sales, all stuff I had no interest in.
Pros
1 hour break, 2 15 min breaks.
Cons
Pay sucks
Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 5, 2016
I liked working for Scotiabank, I had some amazing managers and co workers and they never let the work load get to crazy that lead to any stress. My one issue is for almost every position they pay less than market rates.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Below Average Salaries
Productive work place with excellent team players meeting the customers needs
Customer service as a teller representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 2, 2016
Financial workplace with customer service and a great place to work with with excellent team players and great upper management.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
long lunches
Best place to gain experience, Average salary, Awesome Job Culture
Customer Service/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Maintained various records as per requirements and handling books and files
Managed customer data base by completing data entry and maintaining balances at month end
Preparation of various documents relating to appointments, rescheduling, and correspondence outlining customer concerns
Team Work
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 2, 2016
Well organized team work. Great customer service. Very nice clients. Love working with clients. Great people working with me. Low job security right now
The People are the best part
Senior Manager, Global Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 1, 2016
I've worked in many places over the years and I can truly say that the best people I've ever met work at Scotiabank. They are amazing!
Oparations, analyses
Fund Accountant / Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Great work culture, meet lots of new people, socializing. Well structured organization with lots of opportunities for promotion. Although, the salary range in not high enough on the low/medium levels, hard to get the well paid position even with CPA.
excellent place to work, fun, and great experience.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMay 27, 2016
Open and close cash register. Answer phone, make appointments, deal with customer complaints hardest part, most enjoyable part was the transformations in hair and happy customers.
Awesome place to work
Project Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
I worked for the International Contact Centre Solution department for over 10 projects amounting CAD$ 10MM. The co-workers were really nice and my immediate manager was the best manager that I ever had.
Very much satisfied with my employer.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I love working for my employer, have so much to be proud of the team. My typical day at work is filled with meeting many people, some are well known some are new people to service. Both are very much interesting and every interaction is precious to me. I have learned how help our customers to become financially better off. My management is very professional and also caring, providing us with all the tools for growth as well. Co-workers are great team members and also my friends. Hardest part is to continuously achieve and maintain our goals. And the most enjoyable part of the job are our customers and our daily interactions.
Haphazard work env without clear demarcation on the roles and responsibilities.
Sr manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Haphazard work env without clear demarcation on the roles and responsibilities. Leadership team does not have any clue where they are headed to.
its an okay place to work not too bad not great either
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 24, 2016
this job is not easy to advance in and there is no options to get ahead ... they do not recognize or help anyone it is all based on who you know and who you can rub elbows with
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for advancement
good workplace
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
It is a good environment to work in with lots of room to grow and move up with the company. There are many opportunities to utilize in-house training and learning centres to take free courses to expand your product/industry knowledge.
Fun place
Senior Manager - Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Culture is changing in this company, not sure how it will be in future but I enjoyed my time there. Co-workers were awesome...
Business Transformation
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 20, 2016
Amazing place to work as they are in period of transformation. This is the place to be if you want to learn things in a short period of time.