SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work but I need a change
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2014
I've really enjoyed working here. It's got a great 'hidden paycheck' in health benefits and day to day activities. And free banking isn't bad.
Good and bad
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Burin, NLJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and my job is one i enjoyed
A day at work would be doing business deposits, inputing mortgage docs, GIC's,and Loans. Ordering cash and serving the public. Management are not always easy to get along with but with a little TLC it makes for a better day. Co-workers with great to work along side of. The hardest part of the day would probably be making sure all cash's balances at – more... the end of the day, the most enjoyable part of the day would be helping the public and making sure their visit was a good experience – less
productive, fun, co-operative team
Business Analyst (Current Employee), scarbhoroughJuly 14, 2014
Working in ScotiaBank was great experience with supportive team
Enthusiastic, goal oriented and result foucs Project Manager with blend knowledge and experience in Technical and Business side of Financial Industry.
Senior Manager Business Intelligence - MIS (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
More than 20 years leading IT Projects in different financial institutions in Latin America and Canada, focus on productivity and efficiency generated as leverage on Technology implementation and change management.

Compelling Leader, devoted to the team ensuring problem solving and negotiation is on the table at all times, towards win-win situations. – more... I used to empower and motivate my staff, true believer on development, career advancement and sense of achievement at all times.

Expert in Quality Assurance, Testing and Software Development control projects mainly for Retail and Credit related products.

Currently focus on Business Intelligence, Analytics and information management.

Availability to travel and fully bilingual English / Spanish – less
Great place to learn, strong management, collaborate environment.
Client Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2014
- Typical day at work involves ensuring that all client accounts are operating within their legal agreement. This involves ensuring receipt of financial information is provided, all accounts and loan facilities are in good standing, and ensuring all conditions are met prior to advancing funds. I work directly with several groups across the bank (credit, – more... sales, risk, compliance, collateral, product implementation, funding, etc.) to ensure all accounts are maintained at the highest degree, customer satisfaction is upheld and advanced, and that all requests are processed in the timeliest fashion. – less
Everyday is a productive work day
Back End Adjuster (Current Employee), Hato Rey, PRJuly 9, 2014
I like working for the company but im looking for a change in my salary , because im at the top of my position, salary wise.
POSITIVE
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: salary
a positive employment experience, good culture, great team work, reputable organization
Excel at Client Service
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: selling mortgages, loans, visas.
Our Scotiabank branch is fabulous team atmosphere. Everyone is easy to work with and all pitching in where necessary.

Scotiabank went to a new system just after I started and I no longer can just work with clients investments and create overall financial plans to further enhance a clients goals.

I must sell mortgages, loans, visas, etc., in which – more... I have a hard time to increase an average persons debt obligations. – less
Usual Branch Banking Atmosphere
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
Developed sales and account/relationship management skills through this client-facing role. Management and co-workes are supportive.
Good place to work, overall.
Head Teller / Front Reception (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, good pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: higher wage would be nice for higher responsibility positions such as the one i had.
Scotiabank was a nice place to work. The environment was good, the advancement opportunities were available also. I just found in my personal experience that with my particular branch manager, she was young and new to the job and needed to be more professional at times. Overall, I would love to work for them again.
Encouraging and motivating place to work for
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: nothing as such
A typical day at Scotiabank was very exciting with new things to learn like the version control tool PVCS.

Good team with very skilled people, always motivating and encouraging.
Great workplace and experience
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2014
My typical day started with doing gap analysis for customers coming in, making phone calls, doing follow up paperwork, transactions or calls. Reviewing credit and investment files to give to compliance officer. During the day, meeting with customers, completing financial reviews and plans, identifying their financial needs and goals to provide best – more... customer solutions, referring to expert partners in or outside the branch, looking for referral opportunities and/or off us products to transfer in from other financial institutions. Marketing/cold calls to generate business. Creating campaigns, training and coaching other colleagues. Dealing with other departments to ensure processes and transactions were done correctly for customers. My satisfaction was to provide excellent customer service and advice, their compliments was my best reward. I extremely enjoy dealing with customers, relating to them, spending time with my colleagues and being able to help them on a daily basis. I've learned my passion for success, for doing things right at the first time, my dislike to making mistakes or disappointing customers, managers and colleagues; I grew my banking knowledge on different levels, became stronger person when dealing with difficult situations. I had the opportunity to act as acting manager when ours was away. I like being challenge on a daily basis, I motivate myself to be the best. – less
...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), FrederictonJune 12, 2014
Pros: great client base
Cons: not enough hours for all employees on teller line
I have learned many office skills and the importance of proper cash handling, procedures and taking time to provide excellent customer service. Working as part of a team makes me feel good, but the management, I feel would be better of with positive comments and not dwelling on what has been done wrong. the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new – more... people and all the different transactions I do on a day to day basis. – less
Excellent place to work
Project Manager/Sr PCO (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Excellent place to work Excellent place to work Excellent place to work
Productive and Friendly workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioJune 3, 2014
Pros: the salary and the excellent summer and winter team offside
Cons: unfortunately they cut the team offside activities and budget
A lot of work to do , but with a great team to work with.

The hours of work were some time longer than expected.

You learn many things in a very nice way and place

Most of the co-workers are very friendly
The key person of your company
Banking Adviser (Former Employee), San SalvadorMay 29, 2014
• Provided Customer service to four specific companies to secure contract.
• Analyze the credit history of each customer.
• Financial reporting to measure the capacity to pay.
• Make new strategic companies alliance for increase the target market.
• Resolve inquires of customer while the service was available.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with – more... the strategic companies.
• Bank debt consolidations
• Processing of appraisals for mortgages. – less
Productive WorkPlace
Manager Documentation - Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioMay 26, 2014
I have been working with Scotiabank for almost 10 years. My most recent position is Manager Documentation where I am managing documentation projects, to be sure that all the onboarding documents we use in the English and Spanish Caribbean countries are following the Customer Acceptance, KYC/AML, and risk management. I deal with different kind business – more... activities, products and services offered by different business units.

To manage our projects with efficiency is important to have great attention to details to assure accuracy of the information that is being created and published; another important skill is organization to manage the assigned projects. I created a SharePoint portal that help us to manage priorities, to facilitate team work and to keep track of the different projects and how there are being managed by different member of our team. (Efficiency) (Team Focus)

I always maintain awareness of the changing compliance environment and provide suggestions to improve documents to enhance them to manage better AML/ CFT Risk. (Forward Thinking)

While dealing with the different projects and countries I use my flexibility and adaptability to find alternatives and adapt to views of different people and different regulations according with the country. At the same time I am always trying to build and maintain a positive rapport, because I have to identify interest of needs of the other departments, and to create strong relationships.

I create manuals and guidelines to communicate clearly and concisely the functionality of the different documents and forms that we manage. – less
Life sucking
Senior Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMay 26, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: top down management, bureaucratic as heck and input worthless
Top down management like being in the army and huge bureaucracy makes this company unbearable for someone who wants to just go to work and make a diffference.
Productive and energetic
Personal Banking Officer Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: high discipline
Cons: lack of training
Productive and energetic-highly disciplined- in Scotiabank I learnt as to typical mortgage customers and applications, learnt a lot about different kinds of financial services and products as well as investment funds. I worked on different credit applications such as credit applications.
Not a fun work place
CSR (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 16, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: yes
Stressful fast paced...lots to learn in short period...Upper management are not fair.....no room for moving up....especially if you are colored....I know of a couple MCS and Bank Manager who are very racist and disapprove any application for advancement within the company.

Co-workers are mean and disrespectful because the suck up to the supervisors.....news – more... carriers.....they are fair to some staff and unfair to others.....I was on a four hour shift and was told by the supervisor that I an not allowed a break.....which is 15 minutes.....These are the kind of people work and supervise staff @ Scotiabank. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more