500 Notre Dame Drive
#500 Columbia Square Shopping Centre
Start Date: August 18, 2014
This position is a casual Teller position, which is our entry level position in the bank. The Teller position is ideal for someone looking to build a career in banking as it gets your foot in the door and teaches you the fundamentals of banking. We are a close-knit team and we are looking for someone who can join our family and who will be excited to come to work every day. Although this is a casual position, you will be given a regular schedule, but not a guaranteed number of hours or a set schedule.
As a member of the branch Service Team, you are responsible for contributing to the overall success of the branch by meeting negotiated Service Excellence Activity goals while adhering to Bank security, operational and compliance procedures and policies. You are responsible for meeting customers' day to day transactional needs, resolving their service and maintenance related inquiries and directing sales opportunities to the appropriate sales officer. You are responsible for contributing to the provision of human, straightforward and knowledgeable service through your daily interactions to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and other team members.
We are looking to add a member to our team who is:
- able to work in a fast-paced team environment due to the high volume of customers we have at our branch
- has a commitment to excellent customer service and wants to help their clients become financially better off
- able to communicate difficult concepts to someone who is confused due to age, ability or language barriers
- comfortable working in an environment where you are continuously learning and improving your job performance
- comfortable working on computers
- excellent written and verbal English skills
- looking to build relationships with clients and have them see you as a trusted advisor
Due to the competitive nature of banking, someone who is comfortable in a sales environment would be an asset. We require high school or equivalent plus two years of customer service/sales related work experience at a minimum. We also require that the successful individual is legally able to work in Canada more than 20 hours per week. We are looking for someone who has excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Only those who apply in person at the Sahali branch at the address above will be considered for the position. Provide a cover page, resume and three professional references to the attention of Bev Haugen or Michelle Danielsen. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.