Science North Employee Reviews

Good flexibility and room for advancement
Staff Scientist - Outreach program (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON30 April 2017
The company is large allowing for movement within Science North. They we're very accommodating and flexible when it came to taking time off.
They have a great pension plan and go out of their way make their workers feel valued ( work lunches and gatherings).
Fast paced environment
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 March 2017
The kitchen at Science North is always face paced and busy, always talking with customers over the line while taking orders and cleaning when possible.
An exciting colabrative atmosphere to work in
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2017
I worked at Science North on a 5 month contract filling in for their most senior graphic designer, who was on leave. It was an amazing place to work where every day was a new challenge. The marketing unit I worked in was a very cohesive group made up of various age groups.

While I was their I learnt a lot about some of the newer marketing trends with the use of social media.

The most difficult part of the job was managing expectations that other departments had in regards to time frames for getting various jobs printed.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to help launch new exhibits at the Science Centre and to contribute as a photographer as well as a designer.
Pros
Discounts at other Ontario museums and Science centres
Amazing, always learning something new.
Cashier / Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 April 2016
My typical day was getting to meet a variety of different people around the world and getting to interact with them. I was always learning new ways to interact with different cultures and how to handle things with different customers. My management was great, they where easy going and a lot of fun. Also, my co-workers where amazing as well, we always had a fun time and there was never a dull moment. The hardest part was that if there was more then one french customer in the store, I was the only one able to speak french so I was always the one handling them. Overall, the most amazing part of my job was getting to meet so many new people from around the world.
Fun and outgoing Workplace
Salesperson at Elements (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 May 2013
On a typical day i am a cashier that cleans the tables, floors, counters, and i put out the trash in the dinning room. I have learnt how to work a cash register. My co-workers are very helpful when needed. There is no hard parts in this job, although i make it look easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to see familiar faces everyday i work, plus i get to see smiles on everyones faces.
awesome place to work, would love to work there again.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 September 2012
All round good work environment. Employees are help full and kind .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Science North. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3