Enjoy being where the action is? Then this is the position for you!
We are looking for individuals that have a passion for technology, a love of challenging work, and a willingness to travel across the globe. Potential candidates should be resourceful, strong problem solvers, and have the ability to think on their feet.
As a key member of the Global Installations Team, the Application Engineer will be charged with deploying Sciemetric test systems at customer sites throughout North America and the rest of the world. You will also provide advanced technical support to our customers for complex products, including highly escalated issues.
In this role, you will leverage our proprietary electronic signature analysis software and In-Process Testing (IPT) technology to understand manufacturing process behavior and help customers find defects in their processes. You will create custom applications using Sciemetric software to acquire, process, and analyze data from analog and digital instruments, and then apply it to manufacturing lines. You will have the opportunity to own a project from the start of application development through to commissioning on the customer’s floor. While you will be based out of our Windsor office, you will have the opportunity to travel throughout North America and across the globe (travel approximately 30% of the time).
- Program and configure application software to collect and process data from instruments such as load cells, pressure transducers, linear and rotary encoders, measurement lasers, and accelerometers
- Apply the appropriate filtering, smoothing, data processing, and statistical analysis techniques to identify key features in a customer’s manufacturing process to find defects and/or anomalies in their parts
- Interface Sciemetric hardware (PC based) to communicate and extract data from third party devices, PLCs, measurement systems, and bolt tightening equipment using various protocols such as field bus (Profinet, Ethernet I/P, Modbus), file transfer (FTP), serial, and other data transfer schemes.
- Setup and configure Sciemetric data management host server (QualityWorX) to store test results from plant floor data acquisition systems
- Provide assistance to the sales team by conducting product demonstrations and proof of principle studies
- Effectively communicate customer requirements to the sales team, and explain product capabilities to our business partners and customers
- Engineering degree (Electrical or Mechanical preferred) along with 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong programming skills – preferably C, Visual Basic, or equivalent
- Familiarity with typical manufacturing test processes (i.e. leak testing, gauging, engine testing, press force monitoring).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as Labview, HBM, or others
- Experience with troubleshooting and calibration of instruments and sensors like load cells, accelerometers, linear and rotary encoders, torque transducers, or LVDT’s.
- Experience with the manufacture or testing of medical devices and/or powertrain systems
- Working knowledge of queries and procedures on Microsoft SQL databases
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to the US and/or globally.
About Sciemetric Instruments
Sciemetric Instruments has been working in measurement and data management for over 30 years. We pioneered signature analysis for in-process defect detection in manufacturing in the early 1990s, starting with the automotive industry’s first engine cold test application for the V8/V10 engine line for a top North American auto maker. Our goal is to give our customers visibility into its processes that is required to optimize yield, boost quality and drive down costs.
We are specialists in manufacturing: our technology, experience and products span processes across the assembly line. Our customers include many of the world’s top manufacturers in a range of industries and many of these relationships are long-standing. We are proud to have been testing every Ford engine in the world for several years and have been the primary supplier of leak test solutions to Hewlett Packard for inkjet cartridges since 2001.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Sciemetric Instruments Inc.
- 30+ days ago