This position is responsible for managing the complete delivery of Sciemetric solutions for our North American customers. This position will involve handling projects from initial concept through implementation and beyond. The ideal candidate should be a hands-on engineer who is both detail and process oriented and can provide technical direction to the team. The Windsor project manager will also work closely with our North American Business Development team to support ongoing sales and commercial activities and will assist with the order quotation process as well as the preparation of technical proposals. Once a project has landed, the PM will be responsible for the ensuring the project is delivered and executed according to plan, on budget, and within customer expectations. Overall duties include the daily management of projects, scheduling of engineers, monitoring of budgets, and triggering of invoicing milestones. Other activities will involve implementing processes and procedures to improve project execution and ensure customer satisfaction while earning a reasonable profit. This position requires a strong and proven skill set in project management, and a solid technical background with electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing processes in the auto/industrial sector.
- Manage all aspects of projects from concept through to installation, and post warranty support.
- Understand the project solution and ensure it functions correctly and satisfies customer requirements.
- Assist with order quotation and business development activities.
- Assist with scheduling of weekly work activities for the North American based application team.
- Analyze project margins and understand job costs.
- Lead project kickoff meetings and communicate strategy and requirements to project team and key stakeholders.
- Coach customers on implementation of best practices solutions.
- Create and manage project schedules to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Hold regular project meetings with customer and key stakeholders (integrators) to ensure that things are progressing smoothly.
- Document and track project issues, milestones, and provide timely alerting of potential changes to the project scope & deployment goals.
- Manage project finances including the triggering of invoicing milestones and providing assistance with the collections process.
- Drive project status reporting and schedules, as well as logging and Recording of project issues.
- Conduct iteration and Project Reviews identifying Lessons Learned and Best Practices.
- Assist with the creation of quotations, proposals, statements of work and functional specification documents.
- Resolve commercial and pricing issues.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and meet with customers regularly to ensure their needs are met.
- Ensure overall project deployment strategy and project requirements are defined up front and signed off by key stakeholder
- Post-secondary Engineering education (prefer Electrical or Mechanical)
- Minimum 3 years project management experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing sector.
- Intermediate level experience with project planning software (MS Project or similar).
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Excellent planning and time management skills and a focus on attention to detail.
- Solid technical background in manufacturing processes, automation, test / measurement systems, and software or hardware systems for quality control .
- The ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities.
- First hand knowledge of manufacturing test systems, process instrumentation, and/or software development.
- Experience with enterprise level project management systems.