SCI Logistics

SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I was able to indentify problems, submit solutions and implement long term solutions. a great atmosphere to work in.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee), MississauguaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Contract based
Typical work Day :
--------------------------

I would visit my three main sites and call up the other three sites to determine if any thing urgent was pending completion. I would then do my walk-around on the various sites, asking if there was anything that required immediate attention. I knew this was a required step as many do not sub,it tickets so I did not mind as this was my way of being pro-active.

I learned how to save the company money in troubleshooting methods as well as various hardware that the company used.

Management was very open and fun to speak with. Time was never on their side, but they took an extra 5 minutes to help get the solutions executed.

Co-workers also never had time, but we managed to help each other via blackberry/email or iSupport tickets. We were a good group and always in the process of helping others.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to engage management in signing off on projects. I learned a great deal of what was required prior launch and what it took to get the solution into production.
Very productive
Back - Up Operational Support Coordinator (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Got paid for 8 hours
Cons: Had just one 30 minute break
A typical day would be, Coming to work and doing a walk around to understand what is going on. I would than check the computer to understand and see how much is picked, packed and what orders are behind. As my first position being operation support coordinator ( OPS) i would then be instructed to clear the age orders prior to making new wave sheets.
In this position I had learned how to be organize and how to prioritize both paper work and orders.
However working with my co-workers was amazing, and we worked as a team.
The Hardest part of the job was catching aged orders especially if they were 3-5 days behind.
The most enjoyable part was, it fit my schedule.
Great Job if you are non English speaking
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: Poor managment, bare legal minimum break time 30min per 8 hours., Very few Canadian employees
Well I didn't work there very long as it was a very stressful environment, most of the employees I worked with spoke little to no English. And were quite rude. The management as you can see by other review is not very good. Also they say during the orientation that you must speak English while working this was never the case as all my co-worker were constantly speaking Punjab as well as the management, as well as using FTW's from India for most of there laborers. I felt as if I was just there to fill the white person quota.
Great work environment. Productive, fun and challenging work team
System Administrator (Former Employee), Laval, QCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Freedom and friendly team
Cons: Long hours
There is no typical day of work at this place. Everyday has his own set of challenges and work. Either there is a major crisis or some day to day operational checkups to do. Work is never boring. The team is very eager to share knowledge and help in any hard cases.
The management is understanding and have the care to increase the team's efficiency.
Hardest part of the job is actually set priorities. There is so much work to do, organisation is a must.
The most enjoyable part is the freedom to choose the task I can work on. Unless there is an emergency case, we are free to choose the task to concentrate on.
Loved working for them. Always busy, great people and great supervisors...wish i didnt have to leave them.
REACH TRUCK AND FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Delta BCMay 1, 2014
Pros: busy all the time, great supervisors, treated with respect
Cons: no pension plan, or coverage for eye glasses
I loved working for SCI...With all my traing and experience i was able to do any job they needed done. I mostly loaded freight onto trailers with a dock stocker...also i did a lot of put away and replens using a reach truck...
SCI were very good to me and i would not be able to come up with a negative thing to say.
Productive workplace
Afternoon Shift Lead Hand / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2015
Where I currently work is on the afternoon shift, it is small compared to the day shift. Typical work day for me is scanning products to pallets, wrapping and making sure everyone does as requested to meet management targets for the shift. I have learnt how use SAP to gather information and updates to include in my daily shift update report. The hardest part for me is finding the drive to want to continue completing my increased work load and responsibilities without a raise. The most enjoyable part is the small group, makes it easier to understand them and work with them.
I worked for SCI
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: A respectful work environment where everyone was allowed to succeed and grow as much as they wanted.
Cons: With logistics, it can result in some long hours.
I really liked working there. All the team members were really helpful and kind. You can get lots of overtime.It was a safe and clean work place with lot of opportunities for advancement. They had very good management, who knew how to get the job done while also keeping the worker's satisfied.
Fast passed, fun environment, with opportunity to learn and grow.
General Warehouse (Former Employee), Delta, BCNovember 21, 2015
Pros: BBQ's
Cons: When things didn't run smooth, staff shortage
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was fast passed, where I learned most positions for a logistics company which needed to be completed by end of shift. Management and staff were easy to work for and with. When divert system didn't run smoothly, slowing down my production goal for the day. Being appreciated for my hard work. I was just ready to move out of the lower mainland.
This place is a joke!!!! management is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and employees to
Former employee (Former Employee), Mississauga locationsJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Management needs to be managed properly
I worked with this company for a year and the management doesn't know what's going on there running around like chickens with their heads cut off and paperwork that has to get out doesn't get out in time and then everyone is rushing to fill the orders it's ridiculous!!!! Then aftert managers run around and yell at you why are the order is not done!! That's why this place is a joke!!!!
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal Part-time) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
working in this company provided me the experience I need to jumpstart a new career which am looking forward doing again. My boss was very supportive and showed how to lead a group of different people from different culture. He united us as one big family and for that I will be forever grateful working at SCI Logistics Cantay Road, Mississauga.
Allows for growth and more
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), North York TorontoApril 7, 2015
A typical day starts with the reporting of data from the previous day to facilitate the start and end of each business day. The new tools required to complete your task will always provide a challange for any new employee. Your work habbits must be one as a team player that is easily adapted to changes. As i consider myself a people person, making new contacts is always an enjoyable part my jobs.
Great Hookup
delivery (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
This is probably the best job I have ever had so far. Payed great, loved the work and the people. We would load up the truck full of Rogers products and hit the road to Newmarket and Bowmanville every day. Delivering to all the retail stores was a blast, music playing, relaxation, always on the move, who could ask for a better job.
Great Bosses, Good Pay, Nice Benefits
Warehouse Order Picker and Canada Post Tech (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, variety of work to do!
Cons: Overtime, can happen often during busy seasons
Awesome days at work when you can sit down and fix printers, listen to music and let the times roll by. The warehouse always has a lot of things to do, and you never know what you'll end up with!
I went in, scanned things, took breaks, and went home. The management doesn't care about anyone.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Long Hours, Short Breaks, NO ID CARD-Froze outside, No sitting AT ALL-stood for 8 hours!
Boring work place with no support from management.
All about the numbers and not the employees. Too many red tape policies, this company is too big for its britches.
13.25 per hour
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
I am working at sci logistics i am going Monday to Thursday for ten hours i am looking morning shifts eight hour Our management and my co-worker is very nice, very helpful. I am enjoyed at my work when we working together we are talking with my co-worker. sometimes i am taking all day heavy boxes some time very hard for us.
Great team easy going, hard working employees in the warehouse
Supervisor (Former Employee), edwardsNovember 24, 2014
Upper management is a bit difficult to trust but overall ok

Most supervisors and managers are down to earth.
a lot of new supervisors still need more time to learn the role.

employees in the warehouse are great, will work hard if motivated the right way.

HR team is good. easy to talk to and will really try to help.
Stressful work environment
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: Steady hours, job security
Cons: Stressful environment, no paid breaks
I have learned many skills working at SCI
-Consolidate and analyze inventory reports to determine business needs
- Implement solutions to minimize inventory discrepancies
-Provide training program for new representatives of the inventory department
- Taking care of high value investigations for missing product
worst workplace ever
Operations Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2015
Sci logistic is not the place to work they will hire you yes but the managers and job security there is not worth the day of time of anyone. worst job ever, their hr department is the worst they don't even care for you hope wal mart get it together peole are being overworked and underpaid
good social events .the pay and benifits were good.
Customer service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: too much favouritism
Very stressful place to work. management didn't care much about their workers especially if you spoke up then this is not the place for you.if you suck up to management you will go forward.
Productive and safe workplace.
General Labour - Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga ONMay 11, 2015