SCI Logistics

SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I was able to indentify problems, submit solutions and implement long term solutions. a great atmosphere to work in.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee), MississauguaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Contract based
Typical work Day :
--------------------------

I would visit my three main sites and call up the other three sites to determine if any thing urgent was pending completion. I would then do my walk-around – more... on the various sites, asking if there was anything that required immediate attention. I knew this was a required step as many do not sub,it tickets so I did not mind as this was my way of being pro-active.

I learned how to save the company money in troubleshooting methods as well as various hardware that the company used.

Management was very open and fun to speak with. Time was never on their side, but they took an extra 5 minutes to help get the solutions executed.

Co-workers also never had time, but we managed to help each other via blackberry/email or iSupport tickets. We were a good group and always in the process of helping others.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to engage management in signing off on projects. I learned a great deal of what was required prior launch and what it took to get the solution into production. – less
Great work environment. Productive, fun and challenging work team
System Administrator (Former Employee), Laval, QCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Freedom and friendly team
Cons: Long hours
There is no typical day of work at this place. Everyday has his own set of challenges and work. Either there is a major crisis or some day to day operational checkups to do. Work is never boring. The team – more... is very eager to share knowledge and help in any hard cases.
The management is understanding and have the care to increase the team's efficiency.
Hardest part of the job is actually set priorities. There is so much work to do, organisation is a must.
The most enjoyable part is the freedom to choose the task I can work on. Unless there is an emergency case, we are free to choose the task to concentrate on. – less
Stressful work environment
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: Steady hours, job security
Cons: Stressful environment, no paid breaks
I have learned many skills working at SCI
-Consolidate and analyze inventory reports to determine business needs
- Implement solutions to minimize inventory discrepancies
-Provide training program for new representatives of the inventory department
- Taking care of high value investigations for missing product
Productive workplace
Afternoon Shift Lead Hand / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2015
Where I currently work is on the afternoon shift, it is small compared to the day shift. Typical work day for me is scanning products to pallets, wrapping and making sure everyone does as requested to – more... meet management targets for the shift. I have learnt how use SAP to gather information and updates to include in my daily shift update report. The hardest part for me is finding the drive to want to continue completing my increased work load and responsibilities without a raise. The most enjoyable part is the small group, makes it easier to understand them and work with them. – less
lots of pizza
Operations Manager (Former Employee), mississaugaMay 19, 2015
Open door policy and good culture and a very fast pace environment
I started as a operation supervisor and in three months i grew to a operations manager
Productive and safe workplace.
General Labour - Order Picker (Former Employee), Mississauga ONMay 11, 2015
It was a safe and clean work place with lot of opportunities for advancement. They had very good management, who knew how to get the job done while also keeping the worker's satisfied.
Good, Easy going, Productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 11, 2015
SCI Logistics is a Walmart warehouse. I did got lots of opportunities there. Management was also very friendly. Co-workers were also good.
productive and fun to work in
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), 4100 106 ave calgary albertaMay 7, 2015
every body is happy and good humored, safe enveroment and friendly atmosphere. everyone is very welcoming and ready to help.
Very productive
Back - Up Operational Support Coordinator (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Got paid for 8 hours
Cons: Had just one 30 minute break
A typical day would be, Coming to work and doing a walk around to understand what is going on. I would than check the computer to understand and see how much is picked, packed and what orders are behind. – more... As my first position being operation support coordinator ( OPS) i would then be instructed to clear the age orders prior to making new wave sheets.
In this position I had learned how to be organize and how to prioritize both paper work and orders.
However working with my co-workers was amazing, and we worked as a team.
The Hardest part of the job was catching aged orders especially if they were 3-5 days behind.
The most enjoyable part was, it fit my schedule. – less
worst workplace ever
Operations Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 13, 2015
Sci logistic is not the place to work they will hire you yes but the managers and job security there is not worth the day of time of anyone. worst job ever, their hr department is the worst they don't even care for you hope wal mart get it together peole are being overworked and underpaid
Allows for growth and more
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), North York TorontoApril 7, 2015
A typical day starts with the reporting of data from the previous day to facilitate the start and end of each business day. The new tools required to complete your task will always provide a challange for any new employee. Your work habbits must be one as a team player that is easily adapted to changes. As i consider myself a people person, making new contacts is always an enjoyable part my jobs.
Great Company
Inventory Clerk/Pallet Driver/Packer (Former Employee), MissisaugaApril 5, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Overtime
I enjoyed working with this company. The team members are all friendly. The work environment is safe and has straight forward directions to get the job done at the end of the day
PRODUCTIVE WORPLACE
Warehouse operator (Former Employee), calgary, ABApril 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work day for me, is always an opportunity for me to learn a lot while I m working and as well keep a good relationship with my co-workers.
Expanding your Knowledge
Logistics Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great lunch hours
Cons: gets extremly busy at peak seasons
-Learning the day to day logistics when working at a lab
-Self-management abilities and working with other departments
-Working with incredible co-workers and the advice they give
-Learning to keep to schedule and feedback
Fun and good work atmosphere
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
The job I had was great and the people I work with were friendly and outgoing and everyone works well helping each other. I enjoy the company but due to sears competing with other companies like amazon makes it harder.
productive and fun workplace
forkift operator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
i learned a lot working there and become capable of understanding all the stuffs for oderpicking and shipping
Great team easy going, hard working employees in the warehouse
Supervisor (Former Employee), edwardsNovember 24, 2014
Upper management is a bit difficult to trust but overall ok

Most supervisors and managers are down to earth.
a lot of new supervisors still need more time to learn the role.

employees in the warehouse are great, will work hard if motivated the right way.

HR team is good. easy to talk to and will really try to help.
friendly people. good hours
detailing, driver (Former Employee), Delta, BCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: start early off early
Cons: management needs work
8 hours days start at 6 off at 2. every day feels short. co-workers are nice
Productive and fun plACE TO WORK
Technical (ABAP) Team Lead/Senior (Former Employee), 99 Signet drive TorontoAugust 13, 2014
hIGHLY skilled bussiness analysts. excellent staff good coordination
it is a safe place to work at all times
Material Handler Level III (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot of management skills.
Co-workers are the best taking care of each other at all times.
Headquarters