SCI Logistics Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
working in this company provided me the experience I need to jumpstart a new career which am looking forward doing again. My boss was very supportive and showed how to lead a group of different people from different culture. He united us as one big family and for that I will be forever grateful working at SCI Logistics Cantay Road, Mississauga.
I worked for SCI
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2015
I really liked working there. All the team members were really helpful and kind. You can get lots of overtime.It was a safe and clean work place with lot of opportunities for advancement. They had very good management, who knew how to get the job done while also keeping the worker's satisfied.
Pros
A respectful work environment where everyone was allowed to succeed and grow as much as they wanted.
Cons
With logistics, it can result in some long hours.
Great experience for improving skills
Payroll administration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
With training and support gained experience in working systems of SAP and Payroll processes. Developed skills in use of Excel and outlook form my college courses taken at CDI. Enjoy the busy daily routine and co-workers are helpful and supportive. would like to advance and build skill level. In position I am in not a lot of opportunity for advancement and possibility downsizing due to economy is a possibility. Looking for a company I can grow, advance and retire with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Position /company downsizing no warning of role teminated
This place is a joke!!!! management is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and employees to
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga locationsJanuary 10, 2016
I worked with this company for a year and the management doesn't know what's going on there running around like chickens with their heads cut off and paperwork that has to get out doesn't get out in time and then everyone is rushing to fill the orders it's ridiculous!!!! Then aftert managers run around and yell at you why are the order is not done!! That's why this place is a joke!!!!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Management needs to be managed properly
Great Job if you are non English speaking
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2015
Well I didn't work there very long as it was a very stressful environment, most of the employees I worked with spoke little to no English. And were quite rude. The management as you can see by other review is not very good. Also they say during the orientation that you must speak English while working this was never the case as all my co-worker were constantly speaking Punjab as well as the management, as well as using FTW's from India for most of there laborers. I felt as if I was just there to fill the white person quota.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Poor managment, bare legal minimum break time 30min per 8 hours., Very few Canadian employees
Productive workplace
Afternoon Shift Lead Hand / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 23, 2015
Where I currently work is on the afternoon shift, it is small compared to the day shift. Typical work day for me is scanning products to pallets, wrapping and making sure everyone does as requested to meet management targets for the shift. I have learnt how use SAP to gather information and updates to include in my daily shift update report. The hardest part for me is finding the drive to want to continue completing my increased work load and responsibilities without a raise. The most enjoyable part is the small group, makes it easier to understand them and work with them.
Fast passed, fun environment, with opportunity to learn and grow.
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was fast passed, where I learned most positions for a logistics company which needed to be completed by end of shift. Management and staff were easy to work for and with. When divert system didn't run smoothly, slowing down my production goal for the day. Being appreciated for my hard work. I was just ready to move out of the lower mainland.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
When things didn't run smooth, staff shortage
I went in, scanned things, took breaks, and went home. The management doesn't care about anyone.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 6, 2015
Boring work place with no support from management.
All about the numbers and not the employees. Too many red tape policies, this company is too big for its britches.
Pros
Money
Cons
Long Hours, Short Breaks, NO ID CARD-Froze outside, No sitting AT ALL-stood for 8 hours!
Great work environment. Productive, fun and challenging work team
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJuly 9, 2015
There is no typical day of work at this place. Everyday has his own set of challenges and work. Either there is a major crisis or some day to day operational checkups to do. Work is never boring. The team is very eager to share knowledge and help in any hard cases.
The management is understanding and have the care to increase the team's efficiency.
Hardest part of the job is actually set priorities. There is so much work to do, organisation is a must.
The most enjoyable part is the freedom to choose the task I can work on. Unless there is an emergency case, we are free to choose the task to concentrate on.
Pros
Freedom and friendly team
13.25 per hour
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
I am working at sci logistics i am going Monday to Thursday for ten hours i am looking morning shifts eight hour Our management and my co-worker is very nice, very helpful. I am enjoyed at my work when we working together we are talking with my co-worker. sometimes i am taking all day heavy boxes some time very hard for us.
How The Company Is Viewed By Employees
Technology Analyst (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 25, 2016
- Management not good.
- They don't provide company vehicles
- They are owned by Canada Post
- They are NOT a government company even though they are under Canada Post
- Revolving Door
Pros
They pay overtime - at times.
Cons
See above
Very Transferable.
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Sci Logistics is an advance work field that strengthens individuals to provide skills that would benefit the work environment. I have learned to become more confident , to be able to perform in different areas, and to also perform leadership skills as well as team work. The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet for over ten hours of the day, however , once you are fit and energetic it does not effect the body. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people , they are flexible and diverse.
Pros
everything else
Cons
standing for long hours
negative work inviroment
reverse logistics (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 16, 2016
There is no pay increases , No where to advance.
Long term employees are treated with no respect for knowledge or experience,

The newer employees are given all the opportunities for advancement with or without posting the positions.
Cons
No enough pay. no appreciation
Very organized and productive.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2016
I really like to work here. Very friendly culture. very productive company. Clean environment. The management is too good. Solve every problem that workers have. The enjoyable part of the job is those parties organized by management at certain occasion.
productive
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONpApril 2, 2016
I come in and work. its fun the co workers are nice. I bring a fun and hard working presence. everyone is like a family since we spend more time around each other than our own families.
Pros
over time
Cons
start hours
stressfull and unpleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
A few years ago it was very productive and nice place to work. During the years the management changed and now all is messed up. They are cheap and do not appreciate valuable people.
I was able to indentify problems, submit solutions and implement long term solutions. a great atmosphere to work in.
Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississauguaJuly 27, 2015
Typical work Day :
--------------------------

I would visit my three main sites and call up the other three sites to determine if any thing urgent was pending completion. I would then do my walk-around on the various sites, asking if there was anything that required immediate attention. I knew this was a required step as many do not sub,it tickets so I did not mind as this was my way of being pro-active.

I learned how to save the company money in troubleshooting methods as well as various hardware that the company used.

Management was very open and fun to speak with. Time was never on their side, but they took an extra 5 minutes to help get the solutions executed.

Co-workers also never had time, but we managed to help each other via blackberry/email or iSupport tickets. We were a good group and always in the process of helping others.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was to engage management in signing off on projects. I learned a great deal of what was required prior launch and what it took to get the solution into production.
Pros
The people
Cons
Contract based
Productive and Fun enviornment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCOctober 6, 2015
Good Company to Work, the culture is excellent and the team members are empowered to deliver the results. overall a good place to work and learn
Great Hookup
delivery (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
This is probably the best job I have ever had so far. Payed great, loved the work and the people. We would load up the truck full of Rogers products and hit the road to Newmarket and Bowmanville every day. Delivering to all the retail stores was a blast, music playing, relaxation, always on the move, who could ask for a better job.
good employment rules
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
You learn a lot from seniors. The most enjoyable part of work is you learn how to work in teams. They train you very well for safety and your rights.