SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

Nice Company to work with
MISSISSAUGA - Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2016
I worked with SCI logistics for 6 months. Its very nice working with company. All are supportive. Management is good, HR department is good. Good chances of Advancement. It was fun working there. I left because of my personal reasons. I had to visit my home country and wanted few holidays.That was against company policy. Mine was night shift and my social life was almost dead. i used to work in evenings and sleep in morning. I got exposure to various departments at work. If you stick to company and do good work then chances of going up in the organisation are very high. Good thing about the organisation is that they promote internal candidate, which is very motivating for all employees. Overall a very good organisation to work.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Night Shift
Third world warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2016
SCI hold a job fair every year in September and August because this is when they are very busy. It's a Walmart warehouse. So you pick and pack online orders. They will hire you directly and when it becomes slow in January they will let you go during your probation period. The pay is low and they make so much mistakes with your earnings. Managment and employees are equally ignorant and untaught. Don't waste your time at this third world warehouse.
Pros
Very short commute
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, ignorant people
Fun place to work at
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I typed all day with minimum distractions, until management decided to temporarily ban music by earphones. I was working in a warehouse environment, and it got loud. So we as a group manage to get it unbanned. Fun people to work with, friendly competition. Reason I left was to return home, getting closer to family.
Pros
monthly birthday cakes, recognition program in place
Cons
lots of changes to procedures, usually weekly
No growth
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
Same level from the day you walk in unless you are a butt kisser. Only the laziest and dumbest people get promoted because the operations manager's leadership style is intimidation and only people who are intimidated by him progress there. the job is extremely difficult you are required to pick 1200 cases per shift which is extremely difficult to do. you feel completely and totally exhausted at the end of the day.

Best part of the day was when the shift ended
good work
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
great workplace with great employees. consistent work with long hours and learning new things daily. developed great mechanical skills that i could use in the future. overall good job.
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
tight spaces
Ever Changing and Innovative
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2016
SCI Logistics is a great company that promotes with in and helps talent to grow. I started with a startup client business and was great experience in terms of exposure, responsibilities and ownership.
the management is cooperative whre I found great mentor who let me grow and coached in the woorld of retail ecommerce.
Pros
well structured
Very Transferable.
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
Sci Logistics is an advance work field that strengthens individuals to provide skills that would benefit the work environment. I have learned to become more confident , to be able to perform in different areas, and to also perform leadership skills as well as team work. The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet for over ten hours of the day, however , once you are fit and energetic it does not effect the body. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people , they are flexible and diverse.
Pros
everything else
Cons
standing for long hours
Fun place to work at.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
I worked as a Service Representative 5 at this place for over 6 months. The management here is very professional and very helpful. The operations manager at Vipond Drive is awesome and appreciates every employees hardwork.
Productive workplace
Afternoon Shift Lead Hand / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2015
Where I currently work is on the afternoon shift, it is small compared to the day shift. Typical work day for me is scanning products to pallets, wrapping and making sure everyone does as requested to meet management targets for the shift. I have learnt how use SAP to gather information and updates to include in my daily shift update report. The hardest part for me is finding the drive to want to continue completing my increased work load and responsibilities without a raise. The most enjoyable part is the small group, makes it easier to understand them and work with them.
sci
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2016
not a great place to work pay wise but the hours are nice (4) 10 hr shifts with 3 full days off a week are a bonus people you work with are good
Pros
Cons
lots
Focussed on production and employee development
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2016
SCI's main focus is to increase production and cut cost, but their approach to do so is pretty unique as they also appreciate feedback from the employees and hence are strong believers in Continuous Improvement. Overall healthy workplace Environment.
Pros
Free lunches, Educational Support
Cons
Can't think of one as of yet
productive and fun work place
Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I gain a lot experience of working at the warehouse in a fast pace .environment. And I learned how to managed to do different job at the same time by adjusting what is important and to know to prioritize things.
Great experience for improving skills
Payroll administration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2016
With training and support gained experience in working systems of SAP and Payroll processes. Developed skills in use of Excel and outlook form my college courses taken at CDI. Enjoy the busy daily routine and co-workers are helpful and supportive. would like to advance and build skill level. In position I am in not a lot of opportunity for advancement and possibility downsizing due to economy is a possibility. Looking for a company I can grow, advance and retire with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Position /company downsizing no warning of role teminated
Fun environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2016
fast paced work
pressure at times
friendly coworkers
they are supportive when you need a day off for any reason
Awkward shift time
No room to do anything before or after your shift
Pros
supportive coworkers
Cons
awkward shift times
Very organized and productive.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2016
I really like to work here. Very friendly culture. very productive company. Clean environment. The management is too good. Solve every problem that workers have. The enjoyable part of the job is those parties organized by management at certain occasion.
Fun Workplace
Order Picker/ Pre-Packager (Former Employee) –  Missi, CE9 October 2016
- Very well organized

- I enjoyed a lot with my work and learned how to use RF Scanner system

- Even I also learned shipping and Order picker responsibilities
Pros
Fun Workplace
Don't work here.
n/a (Former Employee) –  n/a2 June 2016
Customers are higher valued than employees.

Work life balance non-existent so if you enjoy working 18 hours a day, this place is for you!
its fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2016
I really enjoy working in this place. using the RF scanner and shipping makes it a good exercise for me plus my coworkers and supervisors are really nice,
stressfull and unpleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2016
A few years ago it was very productive and nice place to work. During the years the management changed and now all is messed up. They are cheap and do not appreciate valuable people.
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2016
working in this company provided me the experience I need to jumpstart a new career which am looking forward doing again. My boss was very supportive and showed how to lead a group of different people from different culture. He united us as one big family and for that I will be forever grateful working at SCI Logistics Cantay Road, Mississauga.