SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

Nice Company to work with
MISSISSAUGA - Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2016
I worked with SCI logistics for 6 months. Its very nice working with company. All are supportive. Management is good, HR department is good. Good chances of Advancement. It was fun working there. I left because of my personal reasons. I had to visit my home country and wanted few holidays.That was against company policy. Mine was night shift and my social life was almost dead. i used to work in evenings and sleep in morning. I got exposure to various departments at work. If you stick to company and do good work then chances of going up in the organisation are very high. Good thing about the organisation is that they promote internal candidate, which is very motivating for all employees. Overall a very good organisation to work.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Night Shift
Easy and outgoing.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
> Easy and calm working environment.
> Gained lot of knowledge and experience in supervising the team, training team members on various tasks, including operating machines etc.
> The management was very supportive, helpful and recognized individuals who could do better by promoting them.
> Hardest part of the job was to learn each and everything about the company.
> The most enjoyable part of the job was that how everybody got along with each other.
Heavy lifting of more than 50 lbs
Edward Boulevard - Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
Had the opportunity to work on an online business and order picking as well.
Got trained in using a RF scanner to do picking.
Trained in packing from making labels to final packing before the shipment is made
I had the opportunity to work both inbound and outbound operation of the Logistic company
Pros
30 minutes lunch break paid
Cons
Very rewarding company to work for
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
Very rewarding company to work for.
Hard work is noticed and rewarded with more than just additional work.
Excellent benefits for salaried employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits for salaried employees.
Cons
Seasonal and shift work for non salaried employees
Third world warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2016
SCI hold a job fair every year in September and August because this is when they are very busy. It's a Walmart warehouse. So you pick and pack online orders. They will hire you directly and when it becomes slow in January they will let you go during your probation period. The pay is low and they make so much mistakes with your earnings. Managment and employees are equally ignorant and untaught. Don't waste your time at this third world warehouse.
Pros
Very short commute
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, ignorant people
Ok, for temp work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Temporary job

Required lots of heavy lifting, good for people with upper body

strength

isolated location, no food stores around, break room bleak

not easily accessible by transit, need a car

Good people
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours + overtime required
Work Culture
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
Good work culture and experience of handling different roles is very productive. Staff is very supportive and make you understand your routine work very well
good work
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
great workplace with great employees. consistent work with long hours and learning new things daily. developed great mechanical skills that i could use in the future. overall good job.
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
tight spaces
Fun place to work at
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I typed all day with minimum distractions, until management decided to temporarily ban music by earphones. I was working in a warehouse environment, and it got loud. So we as a group manage to get it unbanned. Fun people to work with, friendly competition. Reason I left was to return home, getting closer to family.
Pros
monthly birthday cakes, recognition program in place
Cons
lots of changes to procedures, usually weekly
No growth
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
Same level from the day you walk in unless you are a butt kisser. Only the laziest and dumbest people get promoted because the operations manager's leadership style is intimidation and only people who are intimidated by him progress there. the job is extremely difficult you are required to pick 1200 cases per shift which is extremely difficult to do. you feel completely and totally exhausted at the end of the day.

Best part of the day was when the shift ended
Ever Changing and Innovative
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2016
SCI Logistics is a great company that promotes with in and helps talent to grow. I started with a startup client business and was great experience in terms of exposure, responsibilities and ownership.
the management is cooperative whre I found great mentor who let me grow and coached in the woorld of retail ecommerce.
Pros
well structured
Fun place to work at.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
I worked as a Service Representative 5 at this place for over 6 months. The management here is very professional and very helpful. The operations manager at Vipond Drive is awesome and appreciates every employees hardwork.
Great co workers
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/LEAD HAND (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 December 2016
Co workers are willing to go the extra mile. the best part is the 4 day week, Monday to Thursday so there are 10 hour days. the warehouse is located in Mississauga.
Pros
4 day week
Very organized and productive.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 April 2016
I really like to work here. Very friendly culture. very productive company. Clean environment. The management is too good. Solve every problem that workers have. The enjoyable part of the job is those parties organized by management at certain occasion.
Productive and fun environment
Lower Level Forklift Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2017
I learnt a lot in SCI, Its very productive and fun living environment. Work Pace is always high but our team leaders make this very enjoyable. Overall its a good experience.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
Overall SCI was a nice environment to work in. However I found that it was kind of biased when it came to the employees( seniority vs agency).
Very Transferable.
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
Sci Logistics is an advance work field that strengthens individuals to provide skills that would benefit the work environment. I have learned to become more confident , to be able to perform in different areas, and to also perform leadership skills as well as team work. The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet for over ten hours of the day, however , once you are fit and energetic it does not effect the body. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people , they are flexible and diverse.
Pros
everything else
Cons
standing for long hours
productive and fun work place
Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I gain a lot experience of working at the warehouse in a fast pace .environment. And I learned how to managed to do different job at the same time by adjusting what is important and to know to prioritize things.
Productive workplace
Afternoon Shift Lead Hand / Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2015
Where I currently work is on the afternoon shift, it is small compared to the day shift. Typical work day for me is scanning products to pallets, wrapping and making sure everyone does as requested to meet management targets for the shift. I have learnt how use SAP to gather information and updates to include in my daily shift update report. The hardest part for me is finding the drive to want to continue completing my increased work load and responsibilities without a raise. The most enjoyable part is the small group, makes it easier to understand them and work with them.
I worked for SCI
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2015
I really liked working there. All the team members were really helpful and kind. You can get lots of overtime.It was a safe and clean work place with lot of opportunities for advancement. They had very good management, who knew how to get the job done while also keeping the worker's satisfied.
Pros
A respectful work environment where everyone was allowed to succeed and grow as much as they wanted.
Cons
With logistics, it can result in some long hours.