SCI Logistics Employee Reviews

Third world warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 26, 2016
SCI hold a job fair every year in September and August because this is when they are very busy. It's a Walmart warehouse. So you pick and pack online orders. They will hire you directly and when it becomes slow in January they will let you go during your probation period. The pay is low and they make so much mistakes with your earnings. Managment and employees are equally ignorant and untaught. Don't waste your time at this third world warehouse.
Pros
Very short commute
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, ignorant people
Fun place to work at
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I typed all day with minimum distractions, until management decided to temporarily ban music by earphones. I was working in a warehouse environment, and it got loud. So we as a group manage to get it unbanned. Fun people to work with, friendly competition. Reason I left was to return home, getting closer to family.
Pros
monthly birthday cakes, recognition program in place
Cons
lots of changes to procedures, usually weekly
Nice Company to work with
MISSISSAUGA - Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2016
I worked with SCI logistics for 6 months. Its very nice working with company. All are supportive. Management is good, HR department is good. Good chances of Advancement. It was fun working there. I left because of my personal reasons. I had to visit my home country and wanted few holidays.That was against company policy. Mine was night shift and my social life was almost dead. i used to work in evenings and sleep in morning. I got exposure to various departments at work. If you stick to company and do good work then chances of going up in the organisation are very high. Good thing about the organisation is that they promote internal candidate, which is very motivating for all employees. Overall a very good organisation to work.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Night Shift
Ever Changing and Innovative
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2016
SCI Logistics is a great company that promotes with in and helps talent to grow. I started with a startup client business and was great experience in terms of exposure, responsibilities and ownership.
the management is cooperative whre I found great mentor who let me grow and coached in the woorld of retail ecommerce.
Pros
well structured
Cons
Focussed on production and employee development
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2016
SCI's main focus is to increase production and cut cost, but their approach to do so is pretty unique as they also appreciate feedback from the employees and hence are strong believers in Continuous Improvement. Overall healthy workplace Environment.
Pros
Free lunches, Educational Support
Cons
Can't think of one as of yet
Very Transferable.
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
Sci Logistics is an advance work field that strengthens individuals to provide skills that would benefit the work environment. I have learned to become more confident , to be able to perform in different areas, and to also perform leadership skills as well as team work. The hardest part of the job is staying on your feet for over ten hours of the day, however , once you are fit and energetic it does not effect the body. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people , they are flexible and diverse.
Pros
everything else
Cons
standing for long hours
Fun place to work at.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2016
I worked as a Service Representative 5 at this place for over 6 months. The management here is very professional and very helpful. The operations manager at Vipond Drive is awesome and appreciates every employees hardwork.
Great experience for improving skills
Payroll administration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2016
With training and support gained experience in working systems of SAP and Payroll processes. Developed skills in use of Excel and outlook form my college courses taken at CDI. Enjoy the busy daily routine and co-workers are helpful and supportive. would like to advance and build skill level. In position I am in not a lot of opportunity for advancement and possibility downsizing due to economy is a possibility. Looking for a company I can grow, advance and retire with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Position /company downsizing no warning of role teminated
Very organized and productive.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2016
I really like to work here. Very friendly culture. very productive company. Clean environment. The management is too good. Solve every problem that workers have. The enjoyable part of the job is those parties organized by management at certain occasion.
stressfull and unpleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
A few years ago it was very productive and nice place to work. During the years the management changed and now all is messed up. They are cheap and do not appreciate valuable people.
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Associate (Seasonal Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
working in this company provided me the experience I need to jumpstart a new career which am looking forward doing again. My boss was very supportive and showed how to lead a group of different people from different culture. He united us as one big family and for that I will be forever grateful working at SCI Logistics Cantay Road, Mississauga.
This place is a joke!!!! management is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and employees to
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga locationsJanuary 10, 2016
I worked with this company for a year and the management doesn't know what's going on there running around like chickens with their heads cut off and paperwork that has to get out doesn't get out in time and then everyone is rushing to fill the orders it's ridiculous!!!! Then aftert managers run around and yell at you why are the order is not done!! That's why this place is a joke!!!!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Management needs to be managed properly
Great workplace
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 22, 2016
Team leads are friendly and are always willing to assist.
You get to meet new people.
There are different work events that employees get to be apart of.
productive
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONpApril 2, 2016
I come in and work. its fun the co workers are nice. I bring a fun and hard working presence. everyone is like a family since we spend more time around each other than our own families.
Pros
over time
Cons
start hours
work adn fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 4, 2016
good place to work
lots of social events
one and feedback
work place safety is high priority
very clean work area
good manger team
Cons
multi cultural
good employment rules
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
You learn a lot from seniors. The most enjoyable part of work is you learn how to work in teams. They train you very well for safety and your rights.
Don't work here.
n/a (Former Employee) –  n/aJune 2, 2016
Customers are higher valued than employees.

Work life balance non-existent so if you enjoy working 18 hours a day, this place is for you!
Great Hookup
delivery (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2016
This is probably the best job I have ever had so far. Payed great, loved the work and the people. We would load up the truck full of Rogers products and hit the road to Newmarket and Bowmanville every day. Delivering to all the retail stores was a blast, music playing, relaxation, always on the move, who could ask for a better job.
How The Company Is Viewed By Employees
Technology Analyst (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 25, 2016
- Management not good.
- They don't provide company vehicles
- They are owned by Canada Post
- They are NOT a government company even though they are under Canada Post
- Revolving Door
Pros
They pay overtime - at times.
Cons
See above
Fast passed, fun environment, with opportunity to learn and grow.
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCNovember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. A typical day was fast passed, where I learned most positions for a logistics company which needed to be completed by end of shift. Management and staff were easy to work for and with. When divert system didn't run smoothly, slowing down my production goal for the day. Being appreciated for my hard work. I was just ready to move out of the lower mainland.
Pros
BBQ's
Cons
When things didn't run smooth, staff shortage