SCHUKRA OF NORTH AMERICA Employee Reviews in Canada

productive place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 21, 2016
It is a perfect place to work where everyone works close to each other, they have very nice and kindly people, very cooperative work environment and solid team work.
Pros
nice and clean environment
Cons
fixed hours
Blah
Operater (Former Employee) –  LakeshoreMay 9, 2014
The full timers rat u out for everything u do wrong. And if u can't keep up with them in your first day they will fire u such a waste of time. Be expected to push yourself to the max. Got fired cause the person I was working with didn't count my parts at the end of the hour and that left me in the red yet I had 15 more on the rack but she didn't bother to count them. Horrible place to work. And they all speak Spanish and talk smack about you right in front of your face. Little did she know I know Spanish. Ughh hate this place
Cons
the people and management
Decent place to work
Production Operator / Material Handeler (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONDecember 1, 2012
Your co-workers are great people.
I started through a staffing agency, and was very disappointed in the way that Schukra hires. It is a bit of a run around, you need to go through a 3 interview process before your hired. Although I was told after 45 days I would get hired on to begin my 90 day probation, this was not so.
Not worth minimum wage to start. It takes a determined person to stay and get on full time. Although the benefits and full time salary are very comparable.
Pros
good employees
Cons
unpaid lunches, 12min breaks, takes a long time to get hired.
If you want a real job - Look somewhere else ...
Production Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 7, 2013
You can be completely average, or simply the best - you are not sure if tomorrow you won't loose your job for no reason. People are only numbers ....
Numbers for production are up in the sky, which means you can rarely make the production and they can always have a reason to keep you nervous because you are under the production.
New employees are employed through placement agency and 99,9% are fired after 89 days (to avoid benefits of course). You are just the next employee in the chain - and you will be replaced ...
Those who get hired are usually a replacement for some other employee who lost the job of simply left.
It is cheaper to employ new people for 89 days and pay them 11$ than pay the full time employee ...
- If you need a job for the lowest possible salary for couple of months than you should probably check out, if you need a real job than do not waste your time and look somewhere else ....
Pros
very clean, no provocations ... and that's all i can say
Cons
you are just a number, noisy, unpaid lunch time, lot of pressure
Easy work and takes into consideration ergonomical assets.
General Labourer-Sub Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONFebruary 9, 2013
The job itself was satisfying but the company as well as the management does now respect employees.
Job experience
Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, OnJune 27, 2012
It was a great experience working at Shukra of north America. I got an opportunity to improve my Analytically skills.
Fast pace company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore, ONJuly 9, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company it was a fast pace environment.
if your looking to loose wieght in 6 month priod ?This is the place
warehouse (former employee) sept 28 2013 (Former Employee) –  tecumseh windsorJanuary 13, 2014
fast paced enviroment,repetitve bending ,lifting and walking.in my opinion there behind times in many areas of there daily operations.The plant itself was very clean,not so organized for what there trying to accomplish in a day. People there are nice for the most part.but there is alot of stress in the daily work schedule for all areas to get your #s,and for the line stockers to have parts to the machine in thee cycle times.Safety is not a priority.there below mimimum code and should be visited by the M O L.Aisle ways are to narrow in the production and ware house areas. Lift trucks operate within feet of the machine operators.a accident waiting for a place to happen and it will be the fault of the operater because your right to refuse means dismisal,(prove thats the reason) Anyway when i started i was #10 on the temp list by my 89th day i was # 1.By my 90th day i was unemployed,To get hired it cost myself 300 dollars for clothing and lift truck license renwal so expect to by clothes to match there uniforms and hang them in your closet after your 90 days are done.theres 300.000 people looking for work so they can keep this up for a while. They need to install a revolving door!
Pros
clean place to work-lot of nice people in the production areasand support groups
Cons
everybodys your boss, stressful enviroment