Accounts Payable/Administration Clerk – Job Description
Accounts Payable/Administration Clerk
(Temporary Position- One Year Maternity Leave Coverage)
The Accounts Payable/Administration (A/P Admin) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes filing, maintaining and updating financial spreadsheets and performing other administrative duties of the finance department. The A/P Administration Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate bank reconciliations. This individual will work Monday-Friday – 40 hours. This is a temporary position for maternity cover-off.
(July 2014-July 2015)
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Collaborate with the Finance Staff and Business Accountant to maintain A/P performance levels.
- Enter Accounts Payable data.
- Update financial spreadsheets.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Perform other administrative duties of the finance department.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Accounting diploma or working towards accounting degree or diploma , or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an A/P capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, specifically Excel and Quick Books is a plus.
- This position will require the successful candidate to perform payroll functions when necessary as back-up to the full-time Payroll Clerk.
- Payroll experience is a plus
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of data entry accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Preferred consideration given to candidates who live in the Wabasca/Damaris Municipal District
- Office Environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Salary to be negotiated based on experience.
Benefit package available upon hiring.
Indeed - 8 months ago