Admissions Coordinator – Job Description
The Admissions Coordinator is a key contributor to the School of Alberta Ballet team, providing support to parents, students and staff in the registration/admissions, communications. The position of Admissions Coordinator needs a detail-oriented, administrative professional with accounting practices experience. This position executes the registration and enrollment process for new and returning students in the Calgary office. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and strong understanding of the importance of his/her position and how it contributes to the overall success of the School. The Admissions Coordinator will demonstrate the core values of the organization with particular emphasis on professionalism, innovation, sound judgment, integrity, and fiscal responsibility.
School Admission preparation
- Communicate with parents, students and others with respect to registration, classes, schedules, scholarships and transcripts.
- Send acceptance and rejection letters.
- Prepare and deliver registration, acceptance, and welcome package for students.
- Help complete custodianship documents, liaising with law office. Coordinate forms for students, custodian or agents.
- Provided advice to students about re-applying for study permits, and generate letters for permits.
- Coordinate all Audition logistics (including communicating with auditionees, preparing registration information for teachers, arranging schedules and materials).
- Collect DVD auditions, send results.
- Send out scholarship information and contracts to students, collecting returned and following up to secure scholarship contracts.
- Set up materials, lists, for Junior and Senior Summer Schools, Summer Camps, and full-year programs.
- Assist teachers and students with check in lists, audition ribbons, sign in/out lists.
- Prepare residence binder with medical, emergency contact, field trip permission, and dietary information to Head of Residence.
- Prepare sign in/out lists, attendance lists, emergency contact lists for the Performance Coordinator prior to performances.
- Follow-up on student attendance issues—lateness, prolonged absences.
Database Administration & Accounting
- Maintain records including student databases (Talarium and School Logic), class lists, attendance and other records as required and circulate to staff and teachers as required.
- Process payments for student fees—follow up with parents on outstanding accounts and unpaid tuitions.
- Reconcile student database records with accounting processes and software, entering appropriate entries for Accounts Receivable and Deposits.
- Provide regular, timely and accurate reports on student enrollment.
- Implement the registration procedure for new and returning students in all programs at the Calgary Studios.
- Consult with other staff to develop and improve on registration schedules and procedures
- Advise the Office Manager in the development, promotion and implementation of sound policies, procedures and objectives for the department.
The Admissions Coordinator reports directly to the Office Manager. Please submit your cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations, to MyAn Pacholkow, Office Manager, no later than Monday, August 29, 2014.
For the past 20 years, the School of Alberta Ballet has been consistently recognized as a world class training facility and charitable...