School Specialty formally AutoSkill International, Inc, is a leading provider of software based literacy interventions for students of any age or ability. Our learning tools are research based, and get results. Ours is a workplace that combines the excitement of a leading high growth company with the lasting satisfaction of helping children and adults around the world.
We currently have an opportunity for an Intermediate Software Test Engineer to work with our software team to develop the next version of AutoSkill’s e-Learning Suite of products.
Summary of essential job functions
- Working closely with the project team to fully understand the business and system requirements of applications;
- Write and execute detailed test cases, test plans to cover specified requirements, and thoroughly document defects identified;
- Understanding complex architecture, rapid, programmatic creation and manipulation of test data, test execution and data validation;
- Automating existing functional test cases;
- Developing new test tools to be able to achieve above;
- Automating to minimize manual efforts, also, recommending and influencing changes to developers to further improve software quality.
- Compiling, analyzing, and reporting test results and test metrics to the product management and the project team;
- Using best practices in testing activities and test automation with regard to version control, test data.
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience testing distributed applications including data validation and error handling;
- Two plus (2+) years of experience in test automation;
- Experience with functional, regression testing of all tiers of a multi-tier application;
- Experience in Front end automation using commercial tools (QTP, VS Team System) and / or open source tools (Selenium, WatiN)
- Experience in relational databases (MySQL) and Windows/Mac operating systems;
- Experience with document management systems (SVN, CVS, SharePoint, TFS);
- Experience with defect tracking systems (Bugzilla, TFS, Track)
- Experience in creating and maintaining automation scripts (NUnit, JUnit, Selenium)
- An accomplished practitioner with Jscript and various Windows shells;
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Experience in practical application of testing methodology, including test plan and test case writing, coverage tracking and requirements interpretation;
- Experience working with industry-standard testing tools as well as open source testing tools;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Programming experience using OOP languages: Java, C#, AS3
- Creating, editing HTML / XML;
- Experience in AGILE Software Development Life Cycle methodologies;
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, Visual Studio, FlashDevelop.
- Experience testing data driven Web applications, Flash / Flex based media.
- A Computer Science or Engineering (BSc, BEng, etc.) degree.
Indeed - 12 months ago
School Specialty won't carry your books to school, but it will deliver nearly everything else. A leading distributor of school supplies...