School Specialty is an education company that provides innovative and proprietary products, programs, and services to help educators engage and inspire students of all ages and abilities. Through leading brands, School Specialty designs, develops, and provides PreK-12 educators with the latest and very best curriculum, supplemental learning resources, and classroom basics. Working in collaboration with educators, School Specialty reaches beyond the scope of textbooks to help teachers, guidance counselors, and school administrators ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential.
Summary of essential job functions:
- contact existing and ongoing customers to promote proactive purchasing and solutions-
focused, big picture service.
- assist with growing sales activity with existing client base by
forecasting client needs and providing ongoing information to sales reps.
- provide product support and information for external clients as well as
internal sales representatives and teams proactively support client purchasing and order
- First line of contact for customer inquiries via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding
orders, returns, shipments and education products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’
expectations are met or exceeded.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Responds to customer inquiries and follows through to completion accurately and within
customer time frames.
- Receives and processes phone, fax, e-mail and/or mail orders.
- Responds to escalated calls in supervisor’s absence.
- Records and compiles Customer Care key performance metrics statistics.
- Assists Customer Care Supervisor or Manager with projects.
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Partners with sales team and solicits sale of new or additional educational products or
services where applicable.
- Schedules repairs, deliveries, installations and related project deliverables.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company
safety policies and procedures.
- Minimum three years customer service related work experience.
- Minimum one year data entry and keyboarding experience.
- Must be Bilingual and able to communicate both orally and in writing in English and French.
- Ability to perform business math calculations including profit margins.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Any form of B2B sales experience will be considered. The desire to work towards a long
term career involved with sales is the “ideal” direction of this role, however this is not set in