Rocky Mountain School District is seeking one individual to assist the Director of Operations in the day-to-day management of the Custodial, Transportation and Maintenance Departments, located in Invermere, BC.
Rocky Mountain School District is...
- located in the beautiful Columbia Valley and the three major centres in the district are the communities of Golden, Windermere and Kimberley;
- composed of approximately 3300 students and 28 facilities spread over 270 kilometers along the Rocky Mountains;
- the School District is divided into 3 zones;
- shaping a future of collaboration, cooperation and innovation.
In this position you will...
- provide leadership to Zone Operations personnel to foster superior customer service and optimum quality of day-to-day Maintenance, Custodial and Transportation services;
- participate as a member of the Operations Department Management Team;
- be responsible for staffing, work procedures, department practices, fleet maintenance, facility maintenance, training, and purchasing;
- be responsible for management of appropriate budget sections;
- provide assistance to the Director of Operations in the area of Capital Planning, supervision and coordination of School Renewal Projects;
To be successful you will likely have...
- proven leadership skills and fiscal management;
- knowledge of custodial practices, facility maintenance, project management and transportation systems;
- knowledge of WorkSafe BC Regulations;
- knowledge of BC Building Codes, Motor Vehicle Act and other related Government regulations;
- leadership experience in a unionized setting;
- organizational, supervisory and problem solving skills;
- interpersonal, team building and communication skills;
- Diploma/Certification in Facilities Management or Building Technology or a Journeyman with equivalent combination of related management experience and education;
A competitive salary and benefit package will be provided which reflects the responsibilities of the position. For further information, please contact Steve Jackson, Director of Operations, (250) 342- 4676.
This competition will remain open until the position has been filled. We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume and supporting documents, including references to:
School District No.6 (Rocky Mountain)
P.O. Box 430
Invermere, BC V0A 1K0
Phone: (250) 342-9243 Fax: (250) 342-6966