Scholar's Choice has been serving the needs of educational institutions: early childhood centres, schools, day cares across Canada for over 70 years. We are proud to be the oldest and largest distributor of educational materials and toys in Canada. Scholar's Choice distributes and retails educational toys and teaching materials to parents, teachers and early childhood educators in Canada and around the world. We have 25 retail locations across Canada, online shopping with our websites and we have our Head Office and main distribution centre in London Ontario.
We are currently searching for an outside sales representative for our Calgary location. The main tasks involve taking orders from existing customers and securing prospective clientele by telephone communication or by visiting.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review product requirements, and to determine other opportunities.
- Effective planning to conduct sales presentations by meeting customers in their place of business or centre on daily basis.
- Delivery of professional demonstrations or presentations of company products or services while on-site.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up-to-date condition on pricing and lastest product releases.
- Generating and developing business in order to increase revenue through cold calling in person and by phone.
- Continuously updating all customers on company product modifications, changes, enhancements.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, efficiency and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows.
- Organizing joint sales calls and attending them with vendors.
- Preparing sales reports, forecasts and maintaining expense accounts.
- Updating and maintaining detailed information on customers in company ERP system.
- Providing product quotes to customers as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
(Communication, listening and selling skills are a must for this job. You have to be persuasive, outgoing and goal-oriented. You also need to manage your time well and be self-motivated). Or
- Certified ECE or Teacher
- Capable of presenting technical information.
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Able to prospect new business.
- Very strong communication skills (written and spoken).
- Team player able to work under pressure.
- Able to foster and maintain relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Able to travel.
- Proven customer service skills.
Thank you for your interest in Scholar's Choice.
You have been invited to complete a Pro.file People Survey.
Please proceed using the link below:
Note: if this link appears inactive or is not opening in a new browser window, please copy the full link and paste it into your internet browser address line.
In addition you must send your resume using the Apply Now button below.