Schnitzer Steel Industries

Schnitzer Steel Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive with bad training.
Grounds Person (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIFebruary 25, 2015
I would get to work at about 6 or 7 depending on the day. I would clock in and grab the clipboard and head out to the plant. I would start the Air Compressors and go up to the top floor and get the eddies currents moving. Mack sure that the locks were off the control boxes. Set the recipe for the run we were doing that day. I would start the plant and make sure as much as possible that it would all go smooth running. Then when the run was done I shut down the plant and start to help with the clean up. what I learned was all of the above of what I have already said and how to help change out the conveyer belts and idlers. Management was ok but it still had its bad times. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see what was accomplished.
Accountant (Former Employee), Kahului, HIFebruary 22, 2015
This was the first fortune 500 company I worked for, I learned how fast pace a large corporation is. I performed above expectation and was appreciated by my accounting supervisor (the lead CPA), my corporate controller, and the CFO and CEO of the company.
I enjoyed operating heavy machinery.
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Selma, ALMarch 4, 2013
Lots of hands-on work/learning. Typical work day would be operating a heavy crane, moving salvage material into its proper place.
Good Work Place
Regional Environmental Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: never a boring day
Cons: lots of work in a short amount of time
If you don't mind the hands on experience and getting your hands dirty, this is the job for you.
Lot's of opportunity
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great people, good salary
Cons: executives uninvolved and disconnected from contributors.
Schnitzer is always looking for great people to join the team! We are in the midst of forging a new path and leading the pack in the metals industry. This is a good place to work if working with fantastic people in important to you!