Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la Prairie10 August 2013
productive with a healthy work environment
Procurement Specialist - IT Business (Former Employee) –  Philippines1 August 2013
we work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday. I learned on how to negotiates with different vendors and cross country procurement functions. Management and my co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was when the items being ordered was not yet delivered on the agreed date of delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I served all the orders on time for my internal and external customers.
Pros
bonus and free lunch
Cons
we extend our hours
Best Experience
Business Development & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  cairo20 July 2013
Started new businesses including detailed investment and resources deployment plans
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON.20 May 2013
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
Pros
good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons
no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2013
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Pros
On field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons
Many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 April 2013
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Pros
up to date with latest technology
Cons
long working hours
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2013
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Pros
8 hours
Cons
tight place to work
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
Excellent Company!
Project Manager, Calgary, CANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2013
Schneider Electirc is an "Employee Friendly" company and provides several valuable opportunities for its employees. I am happy to work in Schneider but looking for more challenges and opportunities at senior level at any company where I can add more value and develop a career during worklife.
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2013
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours sometime
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 December 2012
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
hours can get long if there is an emergency
Market analysis
INTERNATIONAL ORDER & INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Juan Les Pins15 October 2012
Studies of best Middle-East market but the mission ended without implementing the effectiv part of the project.
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.22 August 2012
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
Pros
working with new technology
Cons
heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Very productive workplace
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ontario,Canada7 March 2012
This company is very dedicated to the customer and to the continuous improvement of the safety.Good environment .
Pros
lots of funny activities
working environment
SPECIALIST BUYER (Current Employee) –  Grenoble (38)21 June 2016
Good opportunities for growth, nice working environment in all offices, good work life balance
Un environnement multi-culturel collaboratif.
Administrateur (Former Employee) –  QC18 April 2016
Travailler avec beaucoup de gens talentueux et apprendre de nouvelles choses tous les jours.
environnement agréable
Technicien de service (Temporaire) (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC16 December 2015
-une journée de travail avec eu a toujours été agréable.
-le système de travail nord américain est impressionnant
-le multiculturalisme fait des mes collaborateurs des personne sur qui on peut compter.
-mon poste est en relation direct avec ce que j'ai appris a l'école
Pros
repas gratuit, et transport payé pour des intervention de nuit
Environnement sain
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC12 April 2015
Les horaires est flexible, mais peu d'opportunités au québec.
Environnement de travail agreable
Ingenieur d'Application (Former Employee) –  Brossard,5 May 2014
.Les avantages sociaux sont très alléchantes.
.Les normes sont changeants a tout moment.
Pros
3 semaines de vacances
Cons
pas de cafetaria qui fournit des repas chauds
Travail très bien organisé
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  brossard,québec, CANADA10 June 2013
J'ai commencé à travaiiler labas le 1 avril 2013, le milieu de travail est très bien organisé.
Dans mon cas je suis engagé pour travailler comme assembleur, la procédure du travail à suivre est très bien faite par les ingénieurs, les plans à suivre pour réaliser un assemblage est bien fait et la disposition du matétiriels est bien arrangé.
Je suis du domaine électrique, et j'arrivais à apprendre facilement l'assemblage que je devais faire, mais malheusement, je suis tombé avec des travailleurs qui devaient m'encadrer dans mon apprentiassage, au lieu de corriger mes érreures, ils font juste les rapporter au résponsable.j'ai tout fait pour apprendre de moi même, je me sentais comme un bébé qui essayait d'apprendre à marcher par lui même et qu'il se fait taper dessus au cas ou il rate une tentation de marcher.
Après quatre semaines de travail, le résponsable m'a dit je dois te congédier car il y a un travailleur qui m'a dit si je ne t'arrête pas il va démissioner, et c'est comme ça que ma misaventure chez schneider électric s'est términée.
Pros
Bonne organisation dans le travail