Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Horrible Company to work for
Intermediate Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
Extremely push to make deadlines down to the minute, Always adding more work and without adding the extra time needed to the deadline, the benefits are horrible, when you have a problem with the benefits, HR doesn't do anything to help and ignores your emails regarding to benefits. HR doesn't even set up your benefits, they make you do it your self, even tho its post to be their job. The people who work here are very rude, and to much back stabbing. Iv had incidents where incorrect information will be told to you, so they can set you up to get in trouble with the manager. You won't get payed Overtime here when you work overtime. After you get lay off, they promise to send your information to another agency company who helps you look for a new job, and this is all false, i contacted the agency and told me no report or file was open for me at all.

Overall i would highly suggest people to not work for this company, its just a big name company and nothing else, full of red flags everywhere here
great working environment
Order Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2015
managers are great, good learning opportunities, growing company, good benefit package, nice office, free coffee/tea, values work-life balance
Pros
resourceful people
Cons
limited growth opportunities
very nice working environment
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
Very friendly work environment. Management experience. Free lunch. Nothing was hard as all the employees and employer were as one team. No Complains at all
Well managed, productive and great activities for the employees.
Inventory Support (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC11 August 2015
What I like besides being a great and fun work place, is the safety and the well being of it's employees that are very important. They keep us informed of upcoming projects and if we are on or off track meeting our target for the year. One other thing that I like is that they have a yearly week-end forum with all level of management and employees who wants to participate on discussing on how to improve work place, safety, activities and much more.
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2015
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of flux as products change
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2015
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
wage
Hard work, great experience
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2015
The work is challenging but enjoyable, with many hours. The field staff are fantastic as you tend to spend a plentiful amount of time with them
Great work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 June 2015
Fun place to work. Management is great. Salary is fair. All in all a great place to work. People are friendly, and eager to help.
Productive workplace environment
Project Manager -Tenders (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2015
Good company to work for.
A lot of young professionals joined a company which brings new ideas and initiatives to the company.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Long hours -very demanding position
Global Company with its pros and cons
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2015
Very much enjoyed my experience at Schneider as a consultant. Management were very supportive and cooperative and gave me freedom and independence to perform at my best.
Pros
Good work environment, friendly atmosphere
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 April 2015
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Pros
co workers were easy to work with
Cons
lack of job security
Was a great student job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga24 March 2015
Had fun, learned a lot and overall had a great time while I worked there. Went to a lot of shows and educated a lot of people on the new infrastructure.
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 March 2015
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Pros
Free bad coffee
Cons
You wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Fantastic workplace!
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB25 February 2015
Really enjoyed my time working there. very rewarding, open and flexible environment. There is a lot to gain at this company ever expanding and diverse project they have going.
Great Place to work.
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
Specialized in Data Management for the third party project. It was a gratifying experience having meetings via skype and such.
Pros
A lot of free food
Cons
Office is too far from Downtown
Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
It was a quick passed job things needed to be done
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2014
I liked my job mostly paper work and filing. I had my own office which was nice this allowed me to work comfortably. This helped me get what I needed done fast.
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  philippines29 August 2014
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Pros
summer outing
Cons
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2014
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses.
Pros
You can get permission to work from home.
Cons
Unorganized. Unprofessional. Unqualified Management.
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa15 April 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.