Schneider Electric Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome company and so ECO friendly
Coordinator Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Loved working for such a global friendly company.
Co workers were great
Manager was a great support
Co Manager was a difficult person to reason with
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
one male manager
A lot of experience and learnig
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 28, 2014
So many opportunities and learning curve. I usually take long hours of work. I am acting as a customer care centre or customer care ambassador. As we are the center of all process. From customer inquiry, then they place order and by order management and monitoring up until all orders has been sent to customer door step.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun workplace with table tennis
Software verification analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 13, 2014
easy environment
balance of life and work
nice colleagues
good to learn and absorb new technology
fun to play table tennis
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
Productive on building interpersonal skills and advancements towards customer realtionships
EV Link Ambassador (Current Employee) –  GTAOctober 14, 2013
Very fun and exciting job, get to meet a lot of people from different walks of life.
Pros
parking passes
Cons
short work hours
Fun Place with very conducive work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2013
Schneider-Electric is a company which is a success story, with more 1,40,000 people world wide and more $30 Billion in Sales.
As Area Sales Manager, I enjoy travelling to meet customers and wininng Projects.
bad place to work for
ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta , CanadaOctober 1, 2013
I was interviewed 4 times before they hired me for Administrator position. The funny thing they asked for my engineering degree for this position. After starting at Schneider Electric, I was sitting around and I pleased the Manager to give me work because I was bored. The Manager said that new employee stays 6 month without doing anything. It is weird, I was asking myself :Why did they hire me?. then I start to ask staff around to give work. They were not ready to train me. But after all I start it to figure out their softwares by myself. The Manager were not nice. They swear during work and very impolite. After working for three years, I never had spot to park my car. Where I had to park my car on the street always. The Manager kept asking me to remove my car from the street spots and park it beside the Plant manager who does not want anybody parking his car beside him. I was puzzled and I did not know who to please. The Production manager who wants me to remove my car from the street or the plant manager who does not want anybody to park beside his parking spot. They kept asking me to remove my car for more than 10 times. It is not a place to work for. All managers are snobby and too proud besides they are not well educated to have this responsibility. only two years at Nait does not prepare them to deal with staff nor their ugly attitude is a good resource for Schneider Electric.
Pros
never had time to have my lunch
Cons
parking spots are not available for staff
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job.
Pros
constant training available online
Cons
management can change anytime your vacation or free time
Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la PrairieAugust 10, 2013
productive with a healthy work environment
Procurement Specialist - IT Business (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 1, 2013
we work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday. I learned on how to negotiates with different vendors and cross country procurement functions. Management and my co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was when the items being ordered was not yet delivered on the agreed date of delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I served all the orders on time for my internal and external customers.
Pros
bonus and free lunch
Cons
we extend our hours
Best Experience
Business Development & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  cairoJuly 20, 2013
Started new businesses including detailed investment and resources deployment plans
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
Pros
good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons
no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Pros
on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons
many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Pros
up to date with latest technology
Cons
long working hours
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Pros
8 hours
Cons
tight place to work
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
Excellent Company!
Project Manager, Calgary, CANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Schneider Electirc is an "Employee Friendly" company and provides several valuable opportunities for its employees. I am happy to work in Schneider but looking for more challenges and opportunities at senior level at any company where I can add more value and develop a career during worklife.
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours sometime
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
hours can get long if there is an emergency
Market analysis
INTERNATIONAL ORDER & INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Juan Les PinsOctober 15, 2012
Studies of best Middle-East market but the mission ended without implementing the effectiv part of the project.