Schneider Electric Employee Reviews in Canada

A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QuebecFebruary 14, 2014
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Pros
a good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
Excellent Company!
Project Manager, Calgary, CANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Schneider Electirc is an "Employee Friendly" company and provides several valuable opportunities for its employees. I am happy to work in Schneider but looking for more challenges and opportunities at senior level at any company where I can add more value and develop a career during worklife.
Was a great student job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Had fun, learned a lot and overall had a great time while I worked there. Went to a lot of shows and educated a lot of people on the new infrastructure.
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  philippinesAugust 29, 2014
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Pros
summer outing
Environnement sain
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 12, 2015
Les horaires est flexible, mais peu d'opportunités au québec.
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Pros
free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.August 22, 2012
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
Pros
working with new technology
Cons
heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Pros
on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons
many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
Travail très bien organisé
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  brossard,québec, CANADAJune 10, 2013
J'ai commencé à travaiiler labas le 1 avril 2013, le milieu de travail est très bien organisé.
Dans mon cas je suis engagé pour travailler comme assembleur, la procédure du travail à suivre est très bien faite par les ingénieurs, les plans à suivre pour réaliser un assemblage est bien fait et la disposition du matétiriels est bien arrangé.
Je suis du domaine électrique, et j'arrivais à apprendre facilement l'assemblage que je devais faire, mais malheusement, je suis tombé avec des travailleurs qui devaient m'encadrer dans mon apprentiassage, au lieu de corriger mes érreures, ils font juste les rapporter au résponsable.j'ai tout fait pour apprendre de moi même, je me sentais comme un bébé qui essayait d'apprendre à marcher par lui même et qu'il se fait taper dessus au cas ou il rate une tentation de marcher.
Après quatre semaines de travail, le résponsable m'a dit je dois te congédier car il y a un travailleur qui m'a dit si je ne t'arrête pas il va démissioner, et c'est comme ça que ma misaventure chez schneider électric s'est términée.
Pros
bonne organisation dans le travail
Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
Great workplace with high focus on engineering breakthroughs.
Business Analyst - Supply Chain & Offer Creation (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 27, 2014
Typical day includes interacting with teams from various functions within the company. Learnt to deliver critical support to various product lines. Great cheerful bunch of co-workers. Enjoyable part was the occasional celebrations and sport competitions to encourage team-building.
It was a quick passed job things needed to be done
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
I liked my job mostly paper work and filing. I had my own office which was nice this allowed me to work comfortably. This helped me get what I needed done fast.
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.
Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la PrairieAugust 10, 2013
Awesome company and so ECO friendly
Coordinator Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Loved working for such a global friendly company.
Co workers were great
Manager was a great support
Co Manager was a difficult person to reason with
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
one male manager
fun workplace with table tennis
Software verification analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 13, 2014
easy environment
balance of life and work
nice colleagues
good to learn and absorb new technology
fun to play table tennis
Fun Place with very conducive work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2013
Schneider-Electric is a company which is a success story, with more 1,40,000 people world wide and more $30 Billion in Sales.
As Area Sales Manager, I enjoy travelling to meet customers and wininng Projects.
Environnement de travail agreable
Ingenieur d'Application (Former Employee) –  Brossard,May 5, 2014
.Les avantages sociaux sont très alléchantes.
.Les normes sont changeants a tout moment.
Pros
3 semaines de vacances
Cons
pas de cafetaria qui fournit des repas chauds
Productive on building interpersonal skills and advancements towards customer realtionships
EV Link Ambassador (Current Employee) –  GTAOctober 14, 2013
Very fun and exciting job, get to meet a lot of people from different walks of life.
Pros
parking passes
Cons
short work hours
bad place to work for
ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta , CanadaOctober 1, 2013
I was interviewed 4 times before they hired me for Administrator position. The funny thing they asked for my engineering degree for this position. After starting at Schneider Electric, I was sitting around and I pleased the Manager to give me work because I was bored. The Manager said that new employee stays 6 month without doing anything. It is weird, I was asking myself :Why did they hire me?. then I start to ask staff around to give work. They were not ready to train me. But after all I start it to figure out their softwares by myself. The Manager were not nice. They swear during work and very impolite. After working for three years, I never had spot to park my car. Where I had to park my car on the street always. The Manager kept asking me to remove my car from the street spots and park it beside the Plant manager who does not want anybody parking his car beside him. I was puzzled and I did not know who to please. The Production manager who wants me to remove my car from the street or the plant manager who does not want anybody to park beside his parking spot. They kept asking me to remove my car for more than 10 times. It is not a place to work for. All managers are snobby and too proud besides they are not well educated to have this responsibility. only two years at Nait does not prepare them to deal with staff nor their ugly attitude is a good resource for Schneider Electric.
Pros
never had time to have my lunch
Cons
parking spots are not available for staff