Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

great working environment
Order Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2015
managers are great, good learning opportunities, growing company, good benefit package, nice office, free coffee/tea, values work-life balance
Pros
resourceful people
Cons
limited growth opportunities
Great workplace with high focus on engineering breakthroughs.
Business Analyst - Supply Chain & Offer Creation (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 February 2014
Typical day includes interacting with teams from various functions within the company. Learnt to deliver critical support to various product lines. Great cheerful bunch of co-workers. Enjoyable part was the occasional celebrations and sport competitions to encourage team-building.
A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brossard, Quebec14 February 2014
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Pros
A good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
A lot of experience and learnig
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  Philippines28 January 2014
So many opportunities and learning curve. I usually take long hours of work. I am acting as a customer care centre or customer care ambassador. As we are the center of all process. From customer inquiry, then they place order and by order management and monitoring up until all orders has been sent to customer door step.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2015
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of flux as products change
Excellent Company!
Project Manager, Calgary, CANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2013
Schneider Electirc is an "Employee Friendly" company and provides several valuable opportunities for its employees. I am happy to work in Schneider but looking for more challenges and opportunities at senior level at any company where I can add more value and develop a career during worklife.
Global Company with its pros and cons
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2015
Very much enjoyed my experience at Schneider as a consultant. Management were very supportive and cooperative and gave me freedom and independence to perform at my best.
Pros
Good work environment, friendly atmosphere
very nice working environment
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
Very friendly work environment. Management experience. Free lunch. Nothing was hard as all the employees and employer were as one team. No Complains at all
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 April 2015
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Pros
co workers were easy to work with
Cons
lack of job security
Productive workplace environment
Project Manager -Tenders (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2015
Good company to work for.
A lot of young professionals joined a company which brings new ideas and initiatives to the company.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Long hours -very demanding position
Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la Prairie10 August 2013
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 March 2014
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Pros
Free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 March 2015
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Pros
Free bad coffee
Cons
You wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 December 2012
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
hours can get long if there is an emergency
Hard work, great experience
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2015
The work is challenging but enjoyable, with many hours. The field staff are fantastic as you tend to spend a plentiful amount of time with them
Fun Place with very conducive work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2013
Schneider-Electric is a company which is a success story, with more 1,40,000 people world wide and more $30 Billion in Sales.
As Area Sales Manager, I enjoy travelling to meet customers and wininng Projects.
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON.20 May 2013
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
Pros
good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons
no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2015
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
wage
Awesome company and so ECO friendly
Coordinator Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga4 February 2014
Loved working for such a global friendly company.
Co workers were great
Manager was a great support
Co Manager was a difficult person to reason with
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
One Male Manager