Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
It was a quick passed job things needed to be done
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
I liked my job mostly paper work and filing. I had my own office which was nice this allowed me to work comfortably. This helped me get what I needed done fast.
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  philippinesAugust 29, 2014
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Pros
summer outing
Cons
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses.
Pros
you can get permission to work from home.
Cons
unorganized. unprofessional. unqualified management.
Environnement de travail agreable
Ingenieur d'Application (Former Employee) –  Brossard,May 5, 2014
.Les avantages sociaux sont très alléchantes.
.Les normes sont changeants a tout moment.
Pros
3 semaines de vacances
Cons
pas de cafetaria qui fournit des repas chauds
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Pros
free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Great workplace with high focus on engineering breakthroughs.
Business Analyst - Supply Chain & Offer Creation (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 27, 2014
Typical day includes interacting with teams from various functions within the company. Learnt to deliver critical support to various product lines. Great cheerful bunch of co-workers. Enjoyable part was the occasional celebrations and sport competitions to encourage team-building.
A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QuebecFebruary 14, 2014
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Pros
a good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
Awesome company and so ECO friendly
Coordinator Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 4, 2014
Loved working for such a global friendly company.
Co workers were great
Manager was a great support
Co Manager was a difficult person to reason with
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
one male manager
A lot of experience and learnig
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 28, 2014
So many opportunities and learning curve. I usually take long hours of work. I am acting as a customer care centre or customer care ambassador. As we are the center of all process. From customer inquiry, then they place order and by order management and monitoring up until all orders has been sent to customer door step.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun workplace with table tennis
Software verification analyst (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 13, 2014
easy environment
balance of life and work
nice colleagues
good to learn and absorb new technology
fun to play table tennis
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
Productive on building interpersonal skills and advancements towards customer realtionships
EV Link Ambassador (Current Employee) –  GTAOctober 14, 2013
Very fun and exciting job, get to meet a lot of people from different walks of life.
Pros
parking passes
Cons
short work hours
Fun Place with very conducive work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 5, 2013
Schneider-Electric is a company which is a success story, with more 1,40,000 people world wide and more $30 Billion in Sales.
As Area Sales Manager, I enjoy travelling to meet customers and wininng Projects.
bad place to work for
ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta , CanadaOctober 1, 2013
I was interviewed 4 times before they hired me for Administrator position. The funny thing they asked for my engineering degree for this position. After starting at Schneider Electric, I was sitting around and I pleased the Manager to give me work because I was bored. The Manager said that new employee stays 6 month without doing anything. It is weird, I was asking myself :Why did they hire me?. then I start to ask staff around to give work. They were not ready to train me. But after all I start it to figure out their softwares by myself. The Manager were not nice. They swear during work and very impolite. After working for three years, I never had spot to park my car. Where I had to park my car on the street always. The Manager kept asking me to remove my car from the street spots and park it beside the Plant manager who does not want anybody parking his car beside him. I was puzzled and I did not know who to please. The Production manager who wants me to remove my car from the street or the plant manager who does not want anybody to park beside his parking spot. They kept asking me to remove my car for more than 10 times. It is not a place to work for. All managers are snobby and too proud besides they are not well educated to have this responsibility. only two years at Nait does not prepare them to deal with staff nor their ugly attitude is a good resource for Schneider Electric.
Pros
never had time to have my lunch
Cons
parking spots are not available for staff
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job.
Pros
constant training available online
Cons
management can change anytime your vacation or free time
Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la PrairieAugust 10, 2013
productive with a healthy work environment
Procurement Specialist - IT Business (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 1, 2013
we work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday. I learned on how to negotiates with different vendors and cross country procurement functions. Management and my co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was when the items being ordered was not yet delivered on the agreed date of delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I served all the orders on time for my internal and external customers.
Pros
bonus and free lunch
Cons
we extend our hours
Best Experience
Business Development & Support Manager (Former Employee) –  cairoJuly 20, 2013
Started new businesses including detailed investment and resources deployment plans