Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brossard, Quebec14 February 2014
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Pros
A good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2013
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours sometime
Enjoy my work every single day
General Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
Love my manager.....great mentor,. Learned al lot while working with her. Co worker are supportive and great leadership team.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to learn
Cons
No flexibility
Excellent Company!
Project Manager, Calgary, CANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2013
Schneider Electirc is an "Employee Friendly" company and provides several valuable opportunities for its employees. I am happy to work in Schneider but looking for more challenges and opportunities at senior level at any company where I can add more value and develop a career during worklife.
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 April 2015
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Pros
co workers were easy to work with
Cons
lack of job security
Fun community but a boring job. The break room has a ping pong table so that was a plus
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2015
The work was fairly monotonous. It was very repetitive and it felt like it was never ending. That being said the people there were awesome. Very accepting and friendly right from the beginning.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Weird shift times
Excellent
Electrical Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2015
Schneider bought an existing Calgary company named Kilowatts and
tried to get a good start in the Oil and Gas business in Alberta.
Unfortunately the drop in Oil price resulted in the closure of a large number of projects
Pros
Highly technical
Cons
New in Alberta
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 March 2015
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Pros
Free bad coffee
Cons
You wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Great Place to work.
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
Specialized in Data Management for the third party project. It was a gratifying experience having meetings via skype and such.
Pros
A lot of free food
Cons
Office is too far from Downtown
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.22 August 2012
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
Pros
working with new technology
Cons
heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 March 2014
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Pros
Free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  philippines29 August 2014
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Pros
summer outing
Cons
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2013
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Pros
On field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons
Many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
Travail très bien organisé
Assembleur (Former Employee) –  brossard,québec, CANADA10 June 2013
J'ai commencé à travaiiler labas le 1 avril 2013, le milieu de travail est très bien organisé.
Dans mon cas je suis engagé pour travailler comme assembleur, la procédure du travail à suivre est très bien faite par les ingénieurs, les plans à suivre pour réaliser un assemblage est bien fait et la disposition du matétiriels est bien arrangé.
Je suis du domaine électrique, et j'arrivais à apprendre facilement l'assemblage que je devais faire, mais malheusement, je suis tombé avec des travailleurs qui devaient m'encadrer dans mon apprentiassage, au lieu de corriger mes érreures, ils font juste les rapporter au résponsable.j'ai tout fait pour apprendre de moi même, je me sentais comme un bébé qui essayait d'apprendre à marcher par lui même et qu'il se fait taper dessus au cas ou il rate une tentation de marcher.
Après quatre semaines de travail, le résponsable m'a dit je dois te congédier car il y a un travailleur qui m'a dit si je ne t'arrête pas il va démissioner, et c'est comme ça que ma misaventure chez schneider électric s'est términée.
Pros
Bonne organisation dans le travail
Great workplace with high focus on engineering breakthroughs.
Business Analyst - Supply Chain & Offer Creation (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 February 2014
Typical day includes interacting with teams from various functions within the company. Learnt to deliver critical support to various product lines. Great cheerful bunch of co-workers. Enjoyable part was the occasional celebrations and sport competitions to encourage team-building.
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa15 April 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2015
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
wage
Fantastic workplace!
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary,AB25 February 2015
Really enjoyed my time working there. very rewarding, open and flexible environment. There is a lot to gain at this company ever expanding and diverse project they have going.
Hard work, great experience
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2015
The work is challenging but enjoyable, with many hours. The field staff are fantastic as you tend to spend a plentiful amount of time with them
Overall good experience in terms of learning new technologies, meeting hard deadlines, customer support and quality of work.
Product and System Specialist (Former Employee) –  la Prairie10 August 2013