Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience
Logistics and Order Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 April 2016
I valued being able to work and solve problems cross functionally and being part of a team and business that was focused on sustainable growth.
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 March 2015
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Pros
Free bad coffee
Cons
You wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Excellent knowledgeable fun people.
Intermediate Electrical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2016
The hour flexibility is great, lot of different levels of experience and people always willing to teach. Family comes first kind of attitude, would definitely work here again if it picks up .
Extremely fun and rewarding workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 September 2015
I can't say enough about Schneider electric (SE). We at SE are one huge family. Everyone cares about everyone and there work. If someone can help,you will get it. Even down to the executives, they drop the pen and invite you into there office where you receive 100% of there attention. Not only that but a solution is either found or you can be guaranteed a solution in a timely manner. A games room and exercise facility are also offered.
Pros
Great people great times
Cons
No cons
Productive work environment
Sr. Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2015
Excellent team and motivation environment. Professional management to work with and highly organized. I highly recommend this company and encourage professionals to work with
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 August 2013
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job.
Pros
constant training available online
Cons
management can change anytime your vacation or free time
Brief write out on the team
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2015
I work in a group of 6 technicians to provide tech support. It is generally a good cheerful team. We also have a good backup team that help us with deeper engineering issues.

I get lots of satisfaction helping solve technical issues for lots of customers. The harder part of the job involves dealing with customers who do not want to cooperate and thus not being able to help themselves.
Pros
Job helps me think actively and keeps me sharp
Cons
Dealing with tough situations
Well managed, productive and great activities for the employees.
Inventory Support (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC11 August 2015
What I like besides being a great and fun work place, is the safety and the well being of it's employees that are very important. They keep us informed of upcoming projects and if we are on or off track meeting our target for the year. One other thing that I like is that they have a yearly week-end forum with all level of management and employees who wants to participate on discussing on how to improve work place, safety, activities and much more.
great working environment
Order Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2015
managers are great, good learning opportunities, growing company, good benefit package, nice office, free coffee/tea, values work-life balance
Pros
resourceful people
Cons
limited growth opportunities
A large company with well developed cluture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 September 2015
To provide hot-line support to customers in electrical meter installation which includes problem solving, meter wiring and meter programming.
Learning a lot in the period
Well established training system and mentoring
Very heavy work load
lack of management support
Pros
very good pay and benefit
Cons
Very heavy work load
Well-rounded work environment with helpful co-workers
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
I loved coming into work and always having something to do. My co-workers were always available to help and was always looking forward to putting in extra time, even on weekends.
Pros
Own working space and open-door policy with the managers
Cons
Location was in Foothills Industrial
A lot of experience and learnig
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  Philippines28 January 2014
So many opportunities and learning curve. I usually take long hours of work. I am acting as a customer care centre or customer care ambassador. As we are the center of all process. From customer inquiry, then they place order and by order management and monitoring up until all orders has been sent to customer door step.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2015
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of flux as products change
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 December 2012
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
hours can get long if there is an emergency
very nice working environment
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
Very friendly work environment. Management experience. Free lunch. Nothing was hard as all the employees and employer were as one team. No Complains at all
Fun community but a boring job. The break room has a ping pong table so that was a plus
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2015
The work was fairly monotonous. It was very repetitive and it felt like it was never ending. That being said the people there were awesome. Very accepting and friendly right from the beginning.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Weird shift times
Enjoy my work every single day
General Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
Love my manager.....great mentor,. Learned al lot while working with her. Co worker are supportive and great leadership team.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to learn
Cons
No flexibility
Productive workplace environment
Project Manager -Tenders (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2015
Good company to work for.
A lot of young professionals joined a company which brings new ideas and initiatives to the company.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Long hours -very demanding position
Excellent
Electrical Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2015
Schneider bought an existing Calgary company named Kilowatts and
tried to get a good start in the Oil and Gas business in Alberta.
Unfortunately the drop in Oil price resulted in the closure of a large number of projects
Pros
Highly technical
Cons
New in Alberta
productive with a healthy work environment
Procurement Specialist - IT Business (Former Employee) –  Philippines1 August 2013
we work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday. I learned on how to negotiates with different vendors and cross country procurement functions. Management and my co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was when the items being ordered was not yet delivered on the agreed date of delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I served all the orders on time for my internal and external customers.
Pros
bonus and free lunch
Cons
we extend our hours