Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Well-rounded work environment with helpful co-workers
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
I loved coming into work and always having something to do. My co-workers were always available to help and was always looking forward to putting in extra time, even on weekends.
Pros
Own working space and open-door policy with the managers
Cons
Location was in Foothills Industrial
Global company
Accounting Administrator and AP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 November 2015
Is a multi culture company, very friendly and family oriented environment, good benefit, flexible working hours. Be able to grow and they provide for relocate employees to work within their branches throughout the world, if there is available opening job positions.
Pros
Good benefit and compensation
Cons
they centralized my job position down to Mexico
Enjoy my work every single day
General Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2015
Love my manager.....great mentor,. Learned al lot while working with her. Co worker are supportive and great leadership team.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to learn
Cons
No flexibility
Brief write out on the team
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2015
I work in a group of 6 technicians to provide tech support. It is generally a good cheerful team. We also have a good backup team that help us with deeper engineering issues.

I get lots of satisfaction helping solve technical issues for lots of customers. The harder part of the job involves dealing with customers who do not want to cooperate and thus not being able to help themselves.
Pros
Job helps me think actively and keeps me sharp
Cons
Dealing with tough situations
Fun community but a boring job. The break room has a ping pong table so that was a plus
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 October 2015
The work was fairly monotonous. It was very repetitive and it felt like it was never ending. That being said the people there were awesome. Very accepting and friendly right from the beginning.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Weird shift times
Excellent
Electrical Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2015
Schneider bought an existing Calgary company named Kilowatts and
tried to get a good start in the Oil and Gas business in Alberta.
Unfortunately the drop in Oil price resulted in the closure of a large number of projects
Pros
Highly technical
Cons
New in Alberta
Extremely fun and rewarding workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON24 September 2015
I can't say enough about Schneider electric (SE). We at SE are one huge family. Everyone cares about everyone and there work. If someone can help,you will get it. Even down to the executives, they drop the pen and invite you into there office where you receive 100% of there attention. Not only that but a solution is either found or you can be guaranteed a solution in a timely manner. A games room and exercise facility are also offered.
Pros
Great people great times
Cons
No cons
A large company with well developed cluture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 September 2015
To provide hot-line support to customers in electrical meter installation which includes problem solving, meter wiring and meter programming.
Learning a lot in the period
Well established training system and mentoring
Very heavy work load
lack of management support
Pros
very good pay and benefit
Cons
Very heavy work load
Horrible Company to work for
Intermediate Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2015
Extremely push to make deadlines down to the minute, Always adding more work and without adding the extra time needed to the deadline, the benefits are horrible, when you have a problem with the benefits, HR doesn't do anything to help and ignores your emails regarding to benefits. HR doesn't even set up your benefits, they make you do it your self, even tho its post to be their job. The people who work here are very rude, and to much back stabbing. Iv had incidents where incorrect information will be told to you, so they can set you up to get in trouble with the manager. You won't get payed Overtime here when you work overtime. After you get lay off, they promise to send your information to another agency company who helps you look for a new job, and this is all false, i contacted the agency and told me no report or file was open for me at all.

Overall i would highly suggest people to not work for this company, its just a big name company and nothing else, full of red flags everywhere here
great working environment
Order Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 September 2015
managers are great, good learning opportunities, growing company, good benefit package, nice office, free coffee/tea, values work-life balance
Pros
resourceful people
Cons
limited growth opportunities
very nice working environment
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
Very friendly work environment. Management experience. Free lunch. Nothing was hard as all the employees and employer were as one team. No Complains at all
Well managed, productive and great activities for the employees.
Inventory Support (Current Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC11 August 2015
What I like besides being a great and fun work place, is the safety and the well being of it's employees that are very important. They keep us informed of upcoming projects and if we are on or off track meeting our target for the year. One other thing that I like is that they have a yearly week-end forum with all level of management and employees who wants to participate on discussing on how to improve work place, safety, activities and much more.
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 August 2015
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of flux as products change
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2015
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
wage
Hard work, great experience
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2015
The work is challenging but enjoyable, with many hours. The field staff are fantastic as you tend to spend a plentiful amount of time with them
Great work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 June 2015
Fun place to work. Management is great. Salary is fair. All in all a great place to work. People are friendly, and eager to help.
Productive workplace environment
Project Manager -Tenders (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2015
Good company to work for.
A lot of young professionals joined a company which brings new ideas and initiatives to the company.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Long hours -very demanding position
Global Company with its pros and cons
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2015
Very much enjoyed my experience at Schneider as a consultant. Management were very supportive and cooperative and gave me freedom and independence to perform at my best.
Pros
Good work environment, friendly atmosphere
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 April 2015
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Pros
co workers were easy to work with
Cons
lack of job security
Environnement sain
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC12 April 2015
Les horaires est flexible, mais peu d'opportunités au québec.