Schneider Electric Employee Reviews in Canada

A large company with well developed cluture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 16, 2015
To provide hot-line support to customers in electrical meter installation which includes problem solving, meter wiring and meter programming.
Learning a lot in the period
Well established training system and mentoring
Very heavy work load
lack of management support
Pros
very good pay and benefit
Cons
Very heavy work load
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 4, 2015
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Pros
free bad coffee
Cons
you wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Enjoy my work every single day
General Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2015
Love my manager.....great mentor,. Learned al lot while working with her. Co worker are supportive and great leadership team.
Pros
Great people, opportunity to learn
Cons
No flexibility
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 10, 2015
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Pros
great people
Cons
lots of flux as products change
Fun community but a boring job. The break room has a ping pong table so that was a plus
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCOctober 13, 2015
The work was fairly monotonous. It was very repetitive and it felt like it was never ending. That being said the people there were awesome. Very accepting and friendly right from the beginning.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Weird shift times
very nice working environment
Electrical Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Very friendly work environment. Management experience. Free lunch. Nothing was hard as all the employees and employer were as one team. No Complains at all
Excellent
Electrical Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 12, 2015
Schneider bought an existing Calgary company named Kilowatts and
tried to get a good start in the Oil and Gas business in Alberta.
Unfortunately the drop in Oil price resulted in the closure of a large number of projects
Pros
Highly technical
Cons
New in Alberta
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
Pros
good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons
no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
Productive workplace environment
Project Manager -Tenders (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2015
Good company to work for.
A lot of young professionals joined a company which brings new ideas and initiatives to the company.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
Long hours -very demanding position
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2015
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Pros
Nice and clean
Cons
wage
Global Company with its pros and cons
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2015
Very much enjoyed my experience at Schneider as a consultant. Management were very supportive and cooperative and gave me freedom and independence to perform at my best.
Pros
Good work environment, friendly atmosphere
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 27, 2015
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Pros
co workers were easy to work with
Cons
lack of job security
Hard work, great experience
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2015
The work is challenging but enjoyable, with many hours. The field staff are fantastic as you tend to spend a plentiful amount of time with them
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job.
Pros
constant training available online
Cons
management can change anytime your vacation or free time
A lot of experience and learnig
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 28, 2014
So many opportunities and learning curve. I usually take long hours of work. I am acting as a customer care centre or customer care ambassador. As we are the center of all process. From customer inquiry, then they place order and by order management and monitoring up until all orders has been sent to customer door step.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
hours can get long if there is an emergency
Great Place to work.
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Specialized in Data Management for the third party project. It was a gratifying experience having meetings via skype and such.
Pros
a lot of free food
Cons
office is too far from downtown
Fantastic workplace!
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABFebruary 25, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working there. very rewarding, open and flexible environment. There is a lot to gain at this company ever expanding and diverse project they have going.
productive with a healthy work environment
Procurement Specialist - IT Business (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 1, 2013
we work 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday. I learned on how to negotiates with different vendors and cross country procurement functions. Management and my co-workers were very supportive. The hardest part of my job was when the items being ordered was not yet delivered on the agreed date of delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I served all the orders on time for my internal and external customers.
Pros
bonus and free lunch
Cons
we extend our hours
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours sometime