Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was a great student job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Had fun, learned a lot and overall had a great time while I worked there. Went to a lot of shows and educated a lot of people on the new infrastructure.
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free bad coffee
Cons: you wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Fantastic workplace!
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary,ABFebruary 25, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working there. very rewarding, open and flexible environment. There is a lot to gain at this company ever expanding and diverse project they have going.
Great Place to work.
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: a lot of free food
Cons: office is too far from downtown
Specialized in Data Management for the third party project. It was a gratifying experience having meetings via skype and such.
Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
It was a quick passed job things needed to be done
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
I liked my job mostly paper work and filing. I had my own office which was nice this allowed me to work comfortably. This helped me get what I needed done fast.
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee), philippinesAugust 29, 2014
Pros: summer outing
Cons: long hours
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can get permission to work from home.
Cons: unorganized. unprofessional. unqualified management.
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses.
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee), Brossard, QuebecFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: a good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
bad place to work for
ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta , CanadaOctober 1, 2013
Pros: never had time to have my lunch
Cons: parking spots are not available for staff
I was interviewed 4 times before they hired me for Administrator position. The funny thing they asked for my engineering degree for this position. After starting at Schneider Electric, I was sitting around and I pleased the Manager to give me work because I was bored. The Manager said that new employee stays 6 month without doing anything. It is weird, I was asking myself :Why did they hire me?. then I start to ask staff around to give work. They were not ready to train me. But after all I start it to figure out their softwares by myself. The Manager were not nice. They swear during work and very impolite. After working for three years, I never had spot to park my car. Where I had to park my car on the street always. The Manager kept asking me to remove my car from the street spots and park it beside the Plant manager who does not want anybody parking his car beside him. I was puzzled and I did not know who to please. The Production manager who wants me to remove my car from the street or the plant manager who does not want anybody to park beside his parking spot. They kept asking me to remove my car for more than 10 times. It is not a place to work for. All managers are snobby and too proud besides they are not well educated to have this responsibility. only two years at Nait does not prepare them to deal with staff nor their ugly attitude is a good resource for Schneider Electric.
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: constant training available online
Cons: management can change anytime your vacation or free time
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job.
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons: no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
Pros: on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons: many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: up to date with latest technology
Cons: long working hours
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: tight place to work
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours sometime
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos