Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can get permission to work from home.
Cons: unorganized. unprofessional. unqualified management.
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would – more... show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses. – less
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as – more... fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all. – less
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
A good place to develop your expertise and contribute
Protection Relaying Engineer (Former Employee), Brossard, QuebecFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: a good working environment, training available, interaction with management, goal oriented.
I liked the professional interaction with coworkers and the opportunities to develop your expertise. Didn't like that some of the project managers were not technically equipped to assist with customers concerns.
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
bad place to work for
ENGINEERING ADMINISTRATOR FULL TIME (Former Employee), Edmonton, Alberta , CanadaOctober 1, 2013
Pros: never had time to have my lunch
Cons: parking spots are not available for staff
I was interviewed 4 times before they hired me for Administrator position. The funny thing they asked for my engineering degree for this position. After starting at Schneider Electric, I was sitting around and I pleased the Manager to give me work because I was bored. The Manager said that new employee stays 6 month without doing anything. It is weird, – more... I was asking myself :Why did they hire me?. then I start to ask staff around to give work. They were not ready to train me. But after all I start it to figure out their softwares by myself. The Manager were not nice. They swear during work and very impolite. After working for three years, I never had spot to park my car. Where I had to park my car on the street always. The Manager kept asking me to remove my car from the street spots and park it beside the Plant manager who does not want anybody parking his car beside him. I was puzzled and I did not know who to please. The Production manager who wants me to remove my car from the street or the plant manager who does not want anybody to park beside his parking spot. They kept asking me to remove my car for more than 10 times. It is not a place to work for. All managers are snobby and too proud besides they are not well educated to have this responsibility. only two years at Nait does not prepare them to deal with staff nor their ugly attitude is a good resource for Schneider Electric. – less
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: constant training available online
Cons: management can change anytime your vacation or free time
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. – more... To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job. – less
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons: no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
Pros: on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons: many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment – more... is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break – less
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: up to date with latest technology
Cons: long working hours
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: tight place to work
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours sometime
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: hours can get long if there is an emergency
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges – more... of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve. – less
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.August 22, 2012
Pros: working with new technology
Cons: heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
Very productive workplace
Field Service Rep (Former Employee), Mississauga,Ontario,CanadaMarch 7, 2012
Pros: lots of funny activities
This company is very dedicated to the customer and to the continuous improvement of the safety.Good environment .
Too political
Employee (Current Employee), Leesport, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: too political and corporate fakery
People say things are different in other plants but this plant is really political. You stick with the top management here and no matter how much you screw up, you get the perks of being in the inner circle(Raises, career advancements, Corporate credit cards).
Benefits are very good.
Internal mobility is high.
fun place to work
Electrical Mechanical Assembler-wirer (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCAugust 18, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: gym
Schneider was a fun place to work, very big on health and going green. I learned how to read schematics. Management was great and easy to work with. Co workers was almost like family, a great bunch to work with as well. The hardest part of the job....well there really wasn't anything hard about the job. The best part of the job was the people, great – more... pay and awesome benefits. – less
Productive and fun place
Method Engineer in Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), 上海市, C23August 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice co-workers, good work environment
Cons: not exactly sure
Improve the SPS
All the depaertments working together in the same room
People support and encourage each other
Flexible work envirnment
Systems Application Engineer II (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: small office, great benefits, great co-workers
Cons: corporate regulations, frustrating management
Flexible workplace, very nice work/life balance, work is not very difficult and rarely overly demanding

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos