Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can get permission to work from home.
Cons: unorganized. unprofessional. unqualified management.
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would – more... show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses. – less
support engineer
Prescription engineer (Former Employee), BOgota - ColombiaJune 3, 2014
Assist clients in BMS (Building Management System).
Specify design for intelligent buildings
Translate from English to Spanish technical document´s
Provide training to clients.
Set up electronic devices
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as – more... fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all. – less
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: constant training available online
Cons: management can change anytime your vacation or free time
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. – more... To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job. – less
Is a growing and expanding work place for the Customer Care Center department
Order Administrator/Customer care Coordinate (Current Employee), Rosario, CaviteAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch every monthly awardings
A typical is you answering calls to assist customers regarding their purchase orders. I learned how to work as an order administrator because my previous career was me being a technical support representative. my co-workers are helpful and fun to be with. hardest part of the job is when calls pile up and comes one after another and you won't even have – more... time to breathe and that is when it starts to become stressful.Most Enjoyable part of the job is the order entry part I enjoy entering PO's – less
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
Pros: on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons: many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment – more... is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break – less
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: up to date with latest technology
Cons: long working hours
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: tight place to work
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours sometime
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: hours can get long if there is an emergency
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges – more... of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve. – less
Market analysis
INTERNATIONAL ORDER & INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Juan Les PinsOctober 15, 2012
Studies of best Middle-East market but the mission ended without implementing the effectiv part of the project.
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.August 22, 2012
Pros: working with new technology
Cons: heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
I've never worked anywhere that fired so many people
Software Developer (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 29, 2014
Pros: interesting work, good co-workers
Cons: dissenting opinions (i.e., honest) not welcome
The culture here has changed a lot over the years, for the worse. You need to be a positive extrovert to fit in, and agree with everything your boss says. If not, you are apt to be fired, even though there aren't enough employees to do the work.
"Project Manager" (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01July 29, 2014
Respect to all the people.
No work pressure. No need to stay after working hours
Great Company, Great Team!
Services Specialist (Current Employee), ILJuly 29, 2014
SE has been a great company to work for. The benefits are fantastic and the work/life balance is wonderful.
Challenging but great work/life balance with flexible schedule
Marketing Communications Writer (Former Employee), Clovis, CAJuly 24, 2014
Engaging and challenging work environment that provided great work/life balance and a flexible schedule (including telecommuting on a regular basis...earned through merit and commitment). Also good compensation/benefits and job security/advancement...until a group of us were laid off :( but I understand that "business is business." It was still a great – more... place to work and was an enjoyable, long lasting career. – less
The Co Workers were the best part
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), West Kingston, RIJuly 23, 2014
The management has since declined and really are just yes men and number crunchers.. however the people in the trenches were productive and awesome.

The benefits and compensation were great and opportunity to advance was there for the taking!

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos