Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Well-rounded work environment with helpful co-workers
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Own working space and open-door policy with the managers
Cons: Location was in Foothills Industrial
I loved coming into work and always having something to do. My co-workers were always available to help and was always looking forward to putting in extra time, even on weekends.
Brief write out on the team
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 29, 2015
Pros: Job helps me think actively and keeps me sharp
Cons: Dealing with tough situations
I work in a group of 6 technicians to provide tech support. It is generally a good cheerful team. We also have a good backup team that help us with deeper engineering issues.

I get lots of satisfaction helping solve technical issues for lots of customers. The harder part of the job involves dealing with customers who do not want to cooperate and thus not being able to help themselves.
Fun community but a boring job. The break room has a ping pong table so that was a plus
Line Worker (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Great community
Cons: Weird shift times
The work was fairly monotonous. It was very repetitive and it felt like it was never ending. That being said the people there were awesome. Very accepting and friendly right from the beginning.
A large company with well developed cluture
Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: very good pay and benefit
Cons: Very heavy work load
To provide hot-line support to customers in electrical meter installation which includes problem solving, meter wiring and meter programming.
Learning a lot in the period
Well established training system and mentoring
Very heavy work load
lack of management support
great working environment
Order Management Administrator (Current Employee), Burlington, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: resourceful people
Cons: limited growth opportunities
managers are great, good learning opportunities, growing company, good benefit package, nice office, free coffee/tea, values work-life balance
Well managed, productive and great activities for the employees.
Inventory Support (Current Employee), Saint-leonard, QCAugust 11, 2015
What I like besides being a great and fun work place, is the safety and the well being of it's employees that are very important. They keep us informed of upcoming projects and if we are on or off track meeting our target for the year. One other thing that I like is that they have a yearly week-end forum with all level of management and employees who wants to participate on discussing on how to improve work place, safety, activities and much more.
great people to work with
Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 10, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: lots of flux as products change
Management is maturing, people are great
As a takeover this division is undergoing a culture change for the better which will continue to improve the working environment
Fun but hard
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Nice and clean
Cons: wage
I've worked in manufacturing. The starting wage is very low. The managment team is ok, but sometimes is moody. Good staff.
Great work place
Software Engineer (Former Employee), CalgaryJune 9, 2015
Fun place to work. Management is great. Salary is fair. All in all a great place to work. People are friendly, and eager to help.
Global Company with its pros and cons
Product Development Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good work environment, friendly atmosphere
Very much enjoyed my experience at Schneider as a consultant. Management were very supportive and cooperative and gave me freedom and independence to perform at my best.
people i worked with were cool.it was alright
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: co workers were easy to work with
Cons: lack of job security
Schneider was an okay place to work.I left happily when my contract was close to expiring,i was given a separation package which was fair.
Was a great student job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2015
Had fun, learned a lot and overall had a great time while I worked there. Went to a lot of shows and educated a lot of people on the new infrastructure.
Worked for them almost 2 years.
Assembler (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free bad coffee
Cons: you wont get hire for this company, you will always be a temp
Had only 1 dollar rise. Never you get hire. Never had benefits. To many red necks as a co-workers. Odd shifts, like graveyard and late evenings.
Fantastic workplace!
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary,ABFebruary 25, 2015
Really enjoyed my time working there. very rewarding, open and flexible environment. There is a lot to gain at this company ever expanding and diverse project they have going.
Great Place to work.
Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: a lot of free food
Cons: office is too far from downtown
Specialized in Data Management for the third party project. It was a gratifying experience having meetings via skype and such.
Very good company with some baggage
Quotation Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2015
The departments are autonomous. Success in this company depends on your department and manager. Cooperation between departments is not the best. Not much investment in engineering.
It was a quick passed job things needed to be done
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
I liked my job mostly paper work and filing. I had my own office which was nice this allowed me to work comfortably. This helped me get what I needed done fast.
always have a work so its very fun
Production Operator (Former Employee), philippinesAugust 29, 2014
Pros: summer outing
Cons: long hours
i go to work even if its rest day

i enjoy the company of my co-workers

i feel the love and care of my co-workers

i learned a lot in this job
Company policies are only on paper. Good luck defending them.
Source Inspector (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can get permission to work from home.
Cons: unorganized. unprofessional. unqualified management.
I just left Schneider in Calgary. My official title was Source Inspector, but functioned as Electrical QA/QC Lead. Only position not hired full-time, permanent, meaning no $90,000 yearly bonus. The salary was $85,000/year less than any other company. The Electrical QA Manager has no electrical background and won't let anyone do any work which would show her ignorance. All upper management knows of the multitude of human rights violations, but say nothing in order to keep their bonuses.
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all.
Headquarters