Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
support engineer
Prescription engineer (Former Employee), BOgota - ColombiaJune 3, 2014
Assist clients in BMS (Building Management System).
Specify design for intelligent buildings
Translate from English to Spanish technical documentĀ“s
Provide training to clients.
Set up electronic devices
Good paying job with great coworkers and a nice building
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), OttawaApril 15, 2014
Schneider is a nice company to work for. They often provide free food/lunches and as much coffee as one could want. The days were long and tedious, but the friendly employees made it seem like a breeze. The job got particularly tough when there were a lot of orders being put in on my end of the warehouse, as i would have to kit the circuit boards as – more... fast as possible, but for the most part there was no trouble at all. – less
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
Is a growing and expanding work place for the Customer Care Center department
Order Administrator/Customer care Coordinate (Current Employee), Rosario, CaviteAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch every monthly awardings
A typical is you answering calls to assist customers regarding their purchase orders. I learned how to work as an order administrator because my previous career was me being a technical support representative. my co-workers are helpful and fun to be with. hardest part of the job is when calls pile up and comes one after another and you won't even have – more... time to breathe and that is when it starts to become stressful.Most Enjoyable part of the job is the order entry part I enjoy entering PO's – less
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons: no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
We are very competitive at Schneider
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMay 11, 2013
Pros: on field trip we get free lunch and one in a while free food at work
Cons: many time we have to put in overtime to meet our deadline
At Schneider my day is not the same everyday. Some days I have a lot of meter fix and other days very few. The hardest part of the job are when meters I repaired keep on failing the test and also when part does not fit properly on the meter. Our technical team is very supportive. I am always happy to go to work everyday because the work environment – more... is adequate. We have a foos ball and a ping pong tables. I enjoy playing on my break – less
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: up to date with latest technology
Cons: long working hours
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: tight place to work
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours sometime
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: hours can get long if there is an emergency
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges – more... of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve. – less
Market analysis
INTERNATIONAL ORDER & INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Juan Les PinsOctober 15, 2012
Studies of best Middle-East market but the mission ended without implementing the effectiv part of the project.
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.August 22, 2012
Pros: working with new technology
Cons: heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
ok place to work at
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 16, 2014
work place was ok the team members were good but the pay was very low for the work that was required.
Poor internal communication with little hope of advancement
Meteorologist (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNJuly 16, 2014
Rotating shifts with preference given to those with tenure. Seven years with no tenure. Applications to other departments go unanswered. People stick around because they love meteorology, but inhospitable towards people with other ambitions.
productive and nonroutine always something new
Lead Construction Electrician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: company truck, help when you needed it.
Cons: blame not where needed, hardly any accountability
Great place to work if management practiced what they preach, not too keen on ethics. Profit over people, allow accountability. Meetings on scope of work, safety issues of job. It was difficult to learn to do things their way. The most enjoyable was non- routine.
Its OK. Due to acquisition, its too early to review.
Web Content Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 15, 2014
Its OK. Due to acquisition, its too early to review. Its OK. Due to acquisition, its too early to review. Its OK. Due to acquisition, its too early to review. Its OK. Due to acquisition, its too early to review.
organized manufacturing environment
Senior Design Project-through clemson (Former Employee), seneca,scJuly 14, 2014
Was only at facility as 3rd party contractor, mainly interfaced with engineering and materials departments
Just Workplace
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), bangaloreJuly 10, 2014
Just workplace.
take chance and show something new
Working like machine

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos