Schneider Electric

Schneider Electric Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to work long term
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 14, 2014
Pros: free gym, pool table, vending machines, work/life balance activities
Bosses are very understanding when personal and family activities can sometimes interrupt work. Workers are judged by results not by face time in the office.
Productive and cooperative work place.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 13, 2013
Good office,
Extensive social programs supported by the company.
Is a productive place to work with a lots of opportunities of learning
Application Engineer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2013
Pros: constant training available online
Cons: management can change anytime your vacation or free time
My typical day started checking my BfO which is a kind of database where we can see the request of customers and take them (phone calls or emails) as well as the cases being handled by the team.
So, I will review the priority of the case and I will call or email the customer in French or English, to listen and understand the problem then solve the case. – more... To assist with this process, I had access to the KB and the material that Schneider provide to their employees to solve cases.
My manager will check the cases I solved or not solved and we had a daily revision of them.
My co-workers are very talented and nice people but they will be always too busy to talk with.
The hardest part of the Job was the disparity between the negative comments from my manager and the positive comments and words of appreciation from the customers that were happy with my efforts. The most enjoyable part was to work hard and be appreciated by both internal or external customers recognizing my job. – less
Is a growing and expanding work place for the Customer Care Center department
Order Administrator/Customer care Coordinate (Current Employee), Rosario, CaviteAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch every monthly awardings
A typical is you answering calls to assist customers regarding their purchase orders. I learned how to work as an order administrator because my previous career was me being a technical support representative. my co-workers are helpful and fun to be with. hardest part of the job is when calls pile up and comes one after another and you won't even have – more... time to breathe and that is when it starts to become stressful.Most Enjoyable part of the job is the order entry part I enjoy entering PO's – less
Good benefits, bad management
Power Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Mississauga ON.May 20, 2013
Pros: good pay, compensation, relaxed culture
Cons: no structure, procedure, management, progression plan
good place for a secure day to day job. unfortunately no career progression plan, lack of procedures and structures.
Good company to work for young professionals
Technical support Team leader (Current Employee), Victoria, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: up to date with latest technology
Cons: long working hours
Most enjoyable part is to be up to speed with latests technologies.
Very friendly place
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: 8 hours
Cons: tight place to work
It was like a family place. The friendly environment makes it easy to work.
Productive, secure
Proposal Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Yes I work here for more then 10 years.
They are indeed 5 star Company
A very fun environment to work in
Payroll Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours sometime
My job is great. We work in a fast past environment that never sleeps. Everyday we learn something new. We have our ups and downs but as a team we are very strong because of the individuals that we work with. My co-workers are very down to earth and easy to get along with. We do have our moments but at the end of the day, it is a great place to work.
An excellent internship, if not a little unrelated to my chosen profession
Project Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Brossard, QCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: hours can get long if there is an emergency
Schneider Electric is an internationally known and respected company, involved in many projects around the world. I was, however, part of what is called the EAS division (Energy Automation Systems), a fairly small entity operating out of Brossard, QC. I therefore had the opportunity to experience both the large corporate life, as a well as the challenges – more... of a small business.

Typical days at work were what I would describe as "putting out fires." I handled problems the other project managers (PMs) needed help with, be it with orders, suppliers, or project transmittals.

The management is competent and driven by results, and the atmosphere can be a little tense at times, but the coworkers are friendly and the hours are very flexible.

I did get to learn a lot about project management from my experience here, and the best part of my day is when I can get ahead of the curve. – less
Market analysis
INTERNATIONAL ORDER & INVENTORY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Juan Les PinsOctober 15, 2012
Studies of best Middle-East market but the mission ended without implementing the effectiv part of the project.
Good place to work when economic times wee good as soon as they turned bad they cut back as soon as they could.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby BC, Toronto On, Livermore Ca.August 22, 2012
Pros: working with new technology
Cons: heavy corporate structure many time difficult to express personal growth
Schneider is a large company and offers the opportunity to reach out to it many arms. However being such a large company you sometimes get lost in the vast scope of corporate policies and is sometine difficult make independant decisions.
working conditions were very good and relationships with other staff members pleasant.
productive workplace
Designer (Former Employee), Seneca, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: clear career path
Cons: limited educational resources for advancement tool
This was a good place to work. Individuals functioned as a team to complete performance demands.
Best Place to work
Lean / Industrialization Engineer (Current Employee), GoaApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch & transport
Cons: long working hours
Being a part of Schneider Electric , I was able to learn how a plant of MNC level works and like the production system followed here and consider it as 1 of the best.

Being a part of the Methods Dept i was exposed to almost everything starting from the way raw material is taken inside the factory , the way it reaches the shop floor, labor productivity – more... , efficiency , product Costing ,new investments for capacity building etc etc

Got to work under 2 major projects, which helped improve production of the plant and efficiency.

Best part of working here is there is no big or small, i could raise my voice against or for whatever i wanted, discuss about anything to anyone due to the various forum defined and the concept of Short interval meetings helped me a lot to discuss various things , give inputs etc . – less
p
Production Associate (Former Employee), Hopkins, SCApril 6, 2014
A typical day at work was going in stretching and going over what mistakes were made the day before on the cradles we built. To try and better improve the percentage of defects the next day.
Great culture, team focussed.
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Western US.April 4, 2014
Top flight organization, with excellent products.

Management provided resources when and where needed.

Cooperative across Business Unit, Regional Field Offices, and Distribution.
NA
Senior Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCMarch 31, 2014
Launch Leader for all Power Control and Protection products within Low Voltage Power. I develop, manage and execute new product introduction launch strategies and tactics. I also develop, manage and execute product withdrawal strategies and tactics. I serve as the principal offer marketing liaison to internal and external customers. I developed product – more... forecasts, pricing and customer targeting strategies – less
Great job, loved the work.
Field Service Associate (Former Employee), New York City, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great support staff.
Cons: no cons except pay. no consistent schedule.
Every day somewhere new. You can choose which jobs that you want or if your willing to work longer hours. Be willing to travel to somewhere new, Safety is a key factor with this company, do not cut corners. They supply you with the tools and equipment that you will need to perform the maintenance.
Schneider Electric Industrial Electronics
Inside Sales/Customer Service/Marketing Rep (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 24, 2014
Making outgoing calls to clients for repair promotions and status updates. Attend meetings for the 3 Committees I am on, Grant, Cool Site, and Healthy Lifestyle. Not only do I complete my assigned job duties everyday, but I also go above and beyond to successfully provide a healthier/modern work place by completing job tasks assigned within the three – more... committees I am currently on. – less
Per a day in day out company, very benificial tword my family.
Forklift Operator/Cycle Counts (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: atmosphire hard to work with.
every day is different and challenging, learning somthing new every day. Management and co.workers fun to be around. Did not find the job very diffiacult. Souroundings very positive.

1 2 3 4 5

About Schneider Electric

If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical – Read more

Schneider Electric Photos