Schneider Electric Employee Reviews

Great company
Technical Consultant - Level II (Former Employee) –  Departamento de Rosario, Santa Fe16 October 2017
I had a great time working with Schneider Electric - APC as it gave me the work-life balance that I was longing from my previous jobs. My colleagues are great and are fun to work with.
excellent safety culture
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
very good place to have work/personal balance.Work safety is top of every agenda. training on product are ongoing. salary competitive with this line of business.
Good place to learn
Technician and Testing (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2017
so much 2 learn, they don't hire permanent thats the only bad part.
In the field of testing or debug technician you can learn about satellite radio, PCB testing and many more
Pros
Lot to learn
Cons
Contract
Supportive well organized enviroment
Project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONno6 September 2017
It was an excellent opportunity to have my coop placement in a productive, supportive, well organized company like Schneider Electric. I had to review, compare and reorganize data in new MS Excel workbook. The amount of data was big. I manged the assigned tasks and delivered on time. I had an excellent feedback from my manger .
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
8 hours for seven weeks
good
Electronic Hardware Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2017
heavy work load, minimum advisory
fun environment with billiard, foosball, and many activities
multi-level management
useful and knowledgable team,
well paid
lots of meetings, not a lot of progress
SUPPLY CHAIN PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  victoria, bc31 August 2017
I typical day at work is getting to work by about 8:30am. no one else showing up unless they have a meeting till about 9:30 am. We work mostly with france and the east coast so that we only book meetings during cross over times.

You spend a lot of time on the phone. Talking to other people in other countries
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
not a lot of future
not what it use to be
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 August 2017
major changes in management and culture has turned the best place to work to the worst place in the matter of 3 years. There is no more loyalty left here and no appreciation for the employees efforts. Everyone is expendable. Too many personal agendas by senior management are allowed to take place at the expense of the workers
Overall a good place to work
ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Canada18 August 2017
Competitive salary and benefits.
had some trouble with being bumped up to the next level in pay, when doing next level work.
a good work life balance.
Social activities
Bid specialist, for PowerHouse, MV & LV SWGR (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC27 July 2017
Schneider Electric has a lot of social activities to accomodate people for their integration. This company offers good opportunity to their employee to improve their knoledge
Froward thinking work environment
Customer Advocate - Process Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 July 2017
Forward thinking work environment!
Good work / life balance.
Work from home during inclement weather.
Flexible working hours.
Plenty of Lunch & Learn classes
Pros
Excellent benefits
Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2017
Great place to work. I really enjoyed my experiences here at Schneider Electric. The work life balance is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone looking to change their job.
Great work environment and culture
Technician / Inventory control / Lead hand (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 July 2017
I have been with Schneider for nearly 3 years on contract working on a R&D project to develop 1500kva PV invertor for the solar industry.
Great job experience only down side is once developed product moves to India factory and I become un employed
Cool job, mob-style culture
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC11 July 2017
I had the opportunity to practice my job for few years there and it was the only cool thing. The company has unionized workforce and almost none of the holds a a Secondary V degree, or any technical degree, so either you bend to their arrogance and their poor work skills knowledge or they shun you out.

Same goes for the office workers, do not try to chance anything cause quite soon they will show you the door.They are in charge,they know better that you and they will let you know
Pros
One good thing salary but search elsewhere for equal
Cons
Closed unionised mentality, if you are a friend of the right persons you will work less and get more, top down managment of "im the boss here and you are my asset"
it is a good company to work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
i worked there as intern just out of university. My manager was not very helpful, but the other people there is very nice. I learned a lot from the job.
great internship
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 June 2017
the internship was great. had the opportunity to work along side with engineers and technicians.

sometimes they ran out of things to give to the interns so we had to improvise.
small clique - no one else is welcome, especially not women
Embedded Software Test Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2017
this used to be a startup and everyone new is not very welcome. They will not like to help newbies and will actively shun you if you ask too many questions.
Pros
trendy neighbourhood
Cons
horrible culture, women not welcome
Toxic corporate culture breeds employee dissatisfaction on wide scale
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
A typical day at work is 10-15% engineering related. The rest of the time you're busy navigating the complicated bureaucracies and roadblocks imposed by inept managers, directors and VPs and as well as "dodging bullets". The company has a large overhead due to bloated management. Management is very inexperienced on a technical level. Company excels at purchasing other companies, destroying their businesses and ruining their product lines. Only hope for promotion is to be a french sycophant (no other skills necessary).
Pros
pay above average, decent health plan
Cons
management, products
Good benefits but terrible company culture
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
Terrible company culture. Very few people in this office are friendly. Young workforce and everyone is out for themselves. Advancement opportunities are based on who you know in the company, not on what you know. Focus on customer satisfaction, which is great except that the company forgets that in order to have employees who motivate customers, the employees must be motivated as well.
Pros
Work from home. good benefits
Cons
Terrible company culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
Schneider pushes for having a work life balance allowing for an open schedule within the group. As well as a global company it has many opportunities to collaborate with the company and with the city you are located.
Well Known French Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
Doing the work of 3 people, reactive not proactive
Learned to prioritize
Management were understanding but not able to reduce workload
The workplace culture varied from department, but it was overall quite friendly.
Getting everything done in a day was difficult had to get in early and leave late, often in the office on my own.
Travel to Toronto for team meetings, and across the country for project work provided relief from sitting at the desk for 8 hours straight.
Pros
Good benefits and pension
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Schneider Electric. Our community is ready to answer.