Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Specialized Services Top in Industry
XPert Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2015
Great place to pursue a career. Due to falling oil prices and low activity, layoffs are part of the focus right now. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
Training and development for career progression
Geoscientist presently working in Schlumberger.
Petrophysicist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta14 March 2015
A typical day at work is usually busy with a lot to do most especially when there are deadlines to meet.

Great to work with a set of like-minded and technically competent co-workers.

Quite a lot of unqualified folks in middle management.

Upper management mostly oblivious to the concerns of the average worker.

Hardest part of the job is having to work with Managers who have little appreciation for effort/time put in on the job.
Pros
Great training programs
Cons
Long hours and very little work-life balance
its a great place to work if u have a nice partner
operator helper (Current Employee) –  edmonton ab14 August 2012
Getting up & hitting the road for a wonderful day you just never know whats in store for you when we get there.
there are just so many things that I had to learn like putting the tools in a sequence & there are six different sequences. & H2s gases,first aid, ect... Well they switch management every year so I cant say much about that but they are fair & great to work with.
I would have to say the hardest part of the job is driving 8-12 hours to a job & then working for 12-24 with little rest its just to much but it had to be done.
knowing that I have done everything I can for a safe day & have done my part 110%
Pros
free food
Great for advancment
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Graham, TX1 September 2012
We were able to move up and learn equipment and step up a a good pace
Pros
benifits
Cons
oilfield work has long hrs.
Large global company with opportunities around the world
engineer (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 November 2015
Being the largest oilfield service provider in the world, the company has many varied opportunities to offer globally.
Pros
Large global footprint
Cons
Short sighted management structure
Good Place to work
ELECTRONICS ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2014
Great Benefits. High security specially in term of everyones safety.
Exciting workplace, multy culture, international
Butler Dean Construction, Calgary, AB (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2015
Performed production testing, monitor gages, operated a high and low stage tanks.calculated water, gas and oil pumped per hour
Pros
loa
Cons
outdoors
Hard but rewarding
Well tester (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen10 September 2015
Good development opportunities and help progression, never standing still.

The company expects complete dedication but you are rewarding for your efforts.
Pros
travel the world
Cons
Effient and self driven work force
Segment Logistics Specialist / TMS Champion (Former Employee) –  Champion, AB3 May 2015
- Long hours but alot to learn and benefit from.
- The working environment not only tuaght me the technicals but also how to deal with a diverse work force and be able to communicate with all.
- Co-Workers were supportful and self driven.
- The hardest part of the job was month end and supplier reviews.
- Working with our operatins and the client as we learned alot interacting with them.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Long Hours
Commitment,Leadership and accountability
Qatar - Drilling Technician (Former Employee) –  industrial Area,Doha15 June 2015
It has been an absolute joy working for a well known company such as Schlumberger , where is the opportunity to build up your career whilst working and making good money.
Every day i learn new experience in my job techniques;how to do it right first time and every time,challenging the time in a safe working environment.
it am really proud of it.
Pros
Free lunches, Vouchers and awards
Cons
Call out jobs
Very rewarding place to work if you work hard and work a lot.
Lead Technician/ Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL12 December 2014
Good company to work for as long as you pull your weight and are not afraid to work long hours and spend time away from home and family. Very rewarding if you do a good job and want to advance.
The hardest part of the job is the demand from the oil companies, as SLB is a service company we are at the bec and call of the oil companies. There is general a lot of short notice changes or ad hawk projects because of this.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the recognition and working with great co workers.
Great people
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 December 2015
Gained valuable hands on experience in the field. Met and worked with many great people. I would recommend this company to others.
Challenging and dynamic
Snr. Geosteering Geologist (Current Employee) –  Middle East30 May 2015
Challenging and dynamic work place with many intelligent people to keep you wanting to do better. It is a great place to work as long as one is ready to be a doer. The hardest part of my job is the unpredicatbility of drilling which may come during holidays and week ends. This has made me off social circles with networking badly affected
Pros
Trainings
Cons
I like the people working there
Senior Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 November 2015
It was a very good job, work with very good people, depend too much on the price of oil in the market, not very busy at times because not enough drilling.
Interesting
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
Schlumberger bought out Lonkar Services so my job became redundant....Loved working for the oil and gas sales department, printing logs and seeing to everyone's needs.
Pros
Cons
not enough work in the end
Good workplace with different multinationals
Maintenance Supervisor in Charge of Akpo (Former Employee) –  Harcourt, ON19 June 2015
A good workplace where emphasis on training and retraining of personnel. A workplace with different multinationals in achieving a desire goal. It's one the best in Oilfield services world wide, that provide quality services to clients.
Cons
Long hours while on the field
Most of the time will be spent in the field.
General Field Engineer (Engineer-In-Charge) (Current Employee) –  Sub Saharan Africa8 September 2015
There is virtual no job security.Most of the time will be spent in the field. If you are lucky you get to see your family once a month.
good people, very unorgonized
Instrument Technician Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 December 2013
You would walk into the building and you would see everyone have a smile on their face and a cheery attitude. My co-workers were very understanding and taught me effectively and explained what was happening with the object we were constructing or testing. Management was going through a change, so everything was left unorgonized and a big mess. This also was the hardest part of the job, because there was no set Manager or supervisor. But the people were easy to talk to, so if there was a problem it could get dealt with effectivly.
Pros
Everyone was very friendly
Cons
Unorgonized, made it hard to do work
Good learn experience
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
It was a pleasure working for Schlumberger. I was able to learn more and gained experience within supply chain.
It was family oriented, great management.
Schlumberger is good company to move up in same organization
Quality Control Supervisor/Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2015
I got lots of experience and skill in Schlumberger and still developing lots of professional skills in fun atmosphere.