Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Schlumberger
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster20 June 2016
-Great training program and chances to work in various locations. -Management could use more training.
- Not suited for everyone due a lot of traveling and being in remote locations
Productive meetings
Technical Sales Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
My last assignment was very interesting.
We had every week meetings and reviews, to improve the marketing approach to improve the sales of the department. we constantly work to improve our technology, and introduce it to the client.
Pros
learn about marketing skill
Cons
Too many meetings in a week
Great benefits
Product lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
Schlumberger is the largest Oil and Gas Services company in the world. Job advancement and internal growth are encouraged.
They have a comprehensive benefits package and share purchase plan. Being in the Oil and Gas industry it is subjection industry volatility and job security is iffy at best.
A best in class oilfield service company. Enlightened an employee to high end business practices and culture.
Planning manager and HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2016
Expectations and work objective for an employee are known and reviewed quarterly. This is beneficial, if there is clarity for task it is easier to achieve the best outcome. Monetary compensation, salary and benefits, were competitive within the industry.
Pros
Excellent exposure to high end business policies and practices
Cons
VP's for different organization functions can have conflicting objectives, creating stress to employees that could cross report within both corporate functions
Supportive and friendly management in Canada, bad work/life balance
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 May 2016
Worked two years in Alberta, Canada and also two years in Middle-East (UAE). Great management in Canada especially our direct managers but was quite bad in the middle east (Abu Dhabi, UAE). Due to nature of the job work life balance a bit at low side.
Pros
Good trainings and safety.
Cons
Some night works, average payrate
not fun at all
Systems / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
extremely unstable and loots of preasure

i felt insecure all the time, lots of laid offs all year , people was upset all the time, they took benefits very slowly ,
Challenges
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX24 May 2016
Good company to work with due to their training and certification.I enjoyed the work and those people i worked with .Ability to use what i have trained and be able to put it into practise
Pros
be smart
Cons
you can solve it
Usually something different every day.
Pressure Pumping Support, Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 May 2016
Very strong work ethic on paper but when it comes to implementation of the policies, it is severely lacking. Very little management accountability.
Pros
Some of the people are great to work with.
Cons
It's unfortunate that a lot of the management don't adhere to the policies, Employees are afraid to point out infractions for fear of loosing their jobs.
Great Salary and Benefits
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 May 2016
You get a great salary and benefits along with plenty of time off but you are a part of a commodity market and feel the both the boom and gloom
Good work practices.
Equipment Operator (Contractor), Fracturing Dept (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2016
I really enjoyed working at Schlumberger. The way tasks and workloads are divided up amongst the crews and crew members makes sense. Everyone knows what to do because the supervisors are well organized.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
I was only a contractor.
If your single and want money good place to start (frac only)
Senior Cement Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB/ Grande prairie ab21 April 2016
i worked for them for 4 and half years in cement. On call 247 most jobs i did for them i didnt sleep for 24 36 hours... If you want to be home more go to cement but first year or so youll only make 60 70 as a operator. On my 4TH year as SE0 the highest position as operator I made just over 100. if u start in frac be away lots but youll make 90 110 first year.
Pros
uh youll make the most money with them service company wise
Cons
just another brick in the wall. and mangers lie
Great technical and management development
Field Quality Engineer (Wireline Technologies) (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 April 2016
SLB is a great company with good opportunities to learn management and technical roles. Unfortunately, people do not come first and engineers and lower level management are under compensated for the time sacrificed to the job.
Pros
Personal development
Cons
Dangerous hours, poor compensation
Hard working workplace with heavy placement on safety
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 April 2016
24/7 availability for 2 weeks non stop.
Company teaches you very thoroughly, places heavy emphasis on work safety.
Reliable management.
Work in any condition and weather, driving 200-400km daily (on call)
Very enjoyable driving and knowing the company has your back.
Pros
High level training, very safety inclined
Cons
Paid per job regardless how long it takes. Can be called to work at random hours.
Working for Schlumberger was a Lifestyle.
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
I used to work rotations which was the hardest part of the job and also interesting at the same time. i could work from home during the night shifts. The dress code was casual and the management would leave work related decision making on you. It was always fun at the office as my team was friendly and cooperating.
rewarding and challenging wok
Field Specialist, Well Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Highlands Papua New Guinea3 April 2016
challenging place to work, with it being a remote location planning was a pre major and anticipating the customers up coming requirements. with the complex drilling operations plans changed on a hourly basis. Which meant have extra equipment and personnel on standby and ready to move at short notice. Being the lead supervisor it was responsible for the day to day running and pre job planning for two drilling rigs. I liaised with the customer on HSE issues and KIPS to improve safety and service quality.
Pros
great people to work with, notwo days where eve the same
Cons
travel time to location
productive and friendly employers
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB2 April 2016
Columbian chemical is a good company to work for, you will learn a lot about the product they produce which is a by product of petroleum( Carbon Black).
A company that delivers it is product on time and has a good service to their customer. a company that believes customer comes first.
Great
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 April 2016
Awesome place to work. Treat employees well with a lot of opportunity to grow within.

The pay and benefit packages are also really good.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
amazing co-work very easy to interect and learn from co-workers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 March 2016
every day at work was just fun and the energy among us was just amazing

An example of our great team is:

I remember one day there was a tornado alarm at work, so every one was call to the general lunch room, for a quick safety meeting.
unfortunately I had my ear plugs on, and the back of the shop, and I didn't here the siren sound,
due to our amazing team work protocols in place a head count was implement by my team and I was able to attend the meeting
Pros
before every long weekend
Cons
busy days
Work at Schlumberger
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
The company has about 90,000 employees in more than 30 different countries and very often in many locations there are a shift of the management team every 1 - 2 years which brings new attitudes and orientations.
Pros
nice work culture
Cons
Constant management changes
amazing benefits
Heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sexsmith, AB10 March 2016
perform service and minor repair work in shop and field. Equipment is very well maintained. Clean work environment where nobody is rushed. Boring