Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Usually something different every day.
Pressure Pumping Support, Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 May 2016
Very strong work ethic on paper but when it comes to implementation of the policies, it is severely lacking. Very little management accountability.
Pros
Some of the people are great to work with.
Cons
It's unfortunate that a lot of the management don't adhere to the policies, Employees are afraid to point out infractions for fear of loosing their jobs.
Great Salary and Benefits
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 May 2016
You get a great salary and benefits along with plenty of time off but you are a part of a commodity market and feel the both the boom and gloom
Good work practices.
Equipment Operator (Contractor), Fracturing Dept (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2016
I really enjoyed working at Schlumberger. The way tasks and workloads are divided up amongst the crews and crew members makes sense. Everyone knows what to do because the supervisors are well organized.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
I was only a contractor.
If your single and want money good place to start (frac only)
Senior Cement Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB/ Grande prairie ab21 April 2016
i worked for them for 4 and half years in cement. On call 247 most jobs i did for them i didnt sleep for 24 36 hours... If you want to be home more go to cement but first year or so youll only make 60 70 as a operator. On my 4TH year as SE0 the highest position as operator I made just over 100. if u start in frac be away lots but youll make 90 110 first year.
Pros
uh youll make the most money with them service company wise
Cons
just another brick in the wall. and mangers lie
Great technical and management development
Field Quality Engineer (Wireline Technologies) (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 April 2016
SLB is a great company with good opportunities to learn management and technical roles. Unfortunately, people do not come first and engineers and lower level management are under compensated for the time sacrificed to the job.
Pros
Personal development
Cons
Dangerous hours, poor compensation
Hard working workplace with heavy placement on safety
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB10 April 2016
24/7 availability for 2 weeks non stop.
Company teaches you very thoroughly, places heavy emphasis on work safety.
Reliable management.
Work in any condition and weather, driving 200-400km daily (on call)
Very enjoyable driving and knowing the company has your back.
Pros
High level training, very safety inclined
Cons
Paid per job regardless how long it takes. Can be called to work at random hours.
Working for Schlumberger was a Lifestyle.
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
I used to work rotations which was the hardest part of the job and also interesting at the same time. i could work from home during the night shifts. The dress code was casual and the management would leave work related decision making on you. It was always fun at the office as my team was friendly and cooperating.
rewarding and challenging wok
Field Specialist, Well Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Highlands Papua New Guinea3 April 2016
challenging place to work, with it being a remote location planning was a pre major and anticipating the customers up coming requirements. with the complex drilling operations plans changed on a hourly basis. Which meant have extra equipment and personnel on standby and ready to move at short notice. Being the lead supervisor it was responsible for the day to day running and pre job planning for two drilling rigs. I liaised with the customer on HSE issues and KIPS to improve safety and service quality.
Pros
great people to work with, notwo days where eve the same
Cons
travel time to location
productive and friendly employers
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB2 April 2016
Columbian chemical is a good company to work for, you will learn a lot about the product they produce which is a by product of petroleum( Carbon Black).
A company that delivers it is product on time and has a good service to their customer. a company that believes customer comes first.
Great
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 April 2016
Awesome place to work. Treat employees well with a lot of opportunity to grow within.

The pay and benefit packages are also really good.
Pros
money
Cons
hours
amazing co-work very easy to interect and learn from co-workers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 March 2016
every day at work was just fun and the energy among us was just amazing

An example of our great team is:

I remember one day there was a tornado alarm at work, so every one was call to the general lunch room, for a quick safety meeting.
unfortunately I had my ear plugs on, and the back of the shop, and I didn't here the siren sound,
due to our amazing team work protocols in place a head count was implement by my team and I was able to attend the meeting
Pros
before every long weekend
Cons
busy days
Work at Schlumberger
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
The company has about 90,000 employees in more than 30 different countries and very often in many locations there are a shift of the management team every 1 - 2 years which brings new attitudes and orientations.
Pros
nice work culture
Cons
Constant management changes
amazing benefits
Heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sexsmith, AB10 March 2016
perform service and minor repair work in shop and field. Equipment is very well maintained. Clean work environment where nobody is rushed. Boring
Good company to work
Electrical/electronic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 March 2016
Schlumberger has well-logging operation in Canada. People are friendly. Lots of new technologies to learn. Good benefit, and the company is very tough on quality and safety.
Good benefits, Work life balance may depend on position
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 March 2016
The company will generally train you for what you need to advance within the company. Once you are in it is up to you. There is a lot of hurry up and wait and a lot of bureaucracy. As a service company, you may be asked to be ready for Monday, then, hurry up and be ready for Sunday, then find out at the last minute that the job has been pushed to Wednesday. If you can deal with that, the management is generally reasonable.
A good multi calture company
Senior Production Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2016
I enjoyed working with Schlumberger Software Integrated Solutions and would suggest others to join SIS.
Good work environment, smart colleagues and high technology, but no job security.
I love Schlumberger
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2016
Schlumberger is filled with gifted people. I love the company but they do expect the best from their people.

I would recommend Schlumberger to anyone.
Pros
Professional culture
Cons
Endlessly pile work on their employees
Safe, honest and used to 24 hour work environment
Bulk Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC4 March 2016
I am retired.
I am not used to sitting around doing nothing.
I need to be busy and have a purpose.
I work well with others and I can work alone.
Safety in the work place is one of my priorities.
I enjoy people.
Harsh but fun
Senior Wireline Field Engineer/ Engineer in Charge (Former Employee) –  Indonesia12 February 2016
You make friends from all around the world. Your co-workers are your best pals. Though, the clients are, sometimes, hard to deal with.
Challenging and interesting work
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indonesia12 February 2016
One can learn many things in the oil and gas industry. The job is suitable for those who like ever-changing environment. It ranges from extreme to another. One day you can feel relax, and the next you have to work all-night for an urgent call out from clients. Work-life balance is the hardest part of this job. On the other hand, you can enjoy a long day-off with your family after you finish your tour.
Pros
Well paid