Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work in the summer
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2014
always stayed busy and always had something to do. production made the day go real quick. moved up to lead position in about half a year.
Overall good
Finance Systems Integration Manager (Current Employee), Algiers, AlgeriaOctober 14, 2014
A very valuable work environment, multi culture and possibilities to grow within the organization and have a abroad experience, work life balance a quit difficult
professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
a lot of work, learned HR department, executive assistant
managed warehouse
excellent team!
no hardest part of the job everything was great
during Christmas time
good workplace
D&M, WL Stores (Current Employee), MasilaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: devllopment
Cons: long time in work and short vacation
I worked with Sclumbergere at Masila block 14 and covering D&M AND ALS then at Shabwah block S2 and covering D&M and WL
Schlumberger
Field Services Manager (Current Employee), Saudi ArabiaOctober 12, 2014
It was good experience working with Schlumberger and really enjoyed my time with them.
SLB didn't give a good rotation for employees, other than company is very nice.
Field Specialist (Current Employee), INOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free launches, free accomodation
Cons: mediclaims, insurance
SLB did give a good rotation for employees, other than company is very nice
N/A
Cement Engineer (Former Employee), Von Armym TXOctober 9, 2014
Always busy.
Learn a lot, sink or swim atmosphere.
Management is nowhere to be found.
Co-workers create a cutthroat atmosphere.
Hardest part of the job is the rotating shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the advancement opportunity.
Cutting-Edge company and family orientated
Contractor (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJOctober 9, 2014
Pros: get snow days
Cons: supply and demand was not great when i work their.
Schlumberger is a company that was where I would love to completed my career. Unfortunately, my assignment came to completion. A very family orientated company.
Bulk Plant Manager
Bulk Plant Manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: the hours dedicated compared to the salary paid.
This job requires 10-14 hours a day. I place orders, monitor trucking availablity, inbound/outbound delivery of our internal/external products. Process improvement and application to our internal clients. Development and impementation of training programs. Manage 30 employees to include contractors. The Challenge that is most effected is family. The – more... enjoyment is masked with the impact in leadership and advancements of your current employees. – less
great place
Equipment Operator/ Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches/ good ppl
Not much bad to say about the company. They pay you like you play. Laid back environment Steen on taking care of business
You're just a replaceable number and mgmt will not let you forget it.
Mechanic (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: working outdoors, pay, good experience
Cons: management, and management.
"If you don't like it, there's the door." That's the typical phrase you hear thrown around. Employee appreciation is practically non-existent. If you think working hard, putting in extra hours, being on time, never calling in, going above and beyond is going to get you anywhere ahead of the typical lazy incompetent co-worker, you are mistaken. This – more... company seems to have a thing for forcing good, quality employees out the door and retaining people who can barely tie their own laces. Kind of reminds me of the military. Micro-management is king. The promotion process is a joke. It sounds good when they sell it to you but when you actually see it in action it's a different story. When I first started I could have told you what a typical day entailed. Not anymore. In fact every time I come back from my weekend I have to sift through dozens of emails explaining to me the latest rule changes, schedule changes, supervisor changes, crew changes, etc. It is schizophrenic and it is constantly changing. And 95% percent of the time they are not good changes. The actual job itself is great. I love it. The pay is pretty good. The benefits are average. And....I just got moved to a different crew as I was typing this review. The work is probably comparable with any other oil field company. I would look at one that values their employees a little more. – less
Work life balance is horrible
Management Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: shared services - you report to multiple managers
The financial hub is an open environment, so it is very loud and hard to focus on your work. You have to work extremely long hours during close and management does not give you comp time. The salary is low and does not match up to the workload. I would not advise anyone to leave their job to become a management accountant for this company.
Schlumberger = power
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee), SYDSeptember 26, 2014
working with Schlumberger is very interesting job, I have spent 10 years it was really a home, I've got every thing I know, experience and education. I learned the concepts of careers, leadership, initaitivity, hardworking, teamwork, safety,quality of work, attitude towards company, compliance with policy, and many many things .
all day all night work with lack of sleep
wireline engineer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 26, 2014
company lacked of engineers and the need of working day and night and sometimes not getting the time to sleep for 2 days and a half due to the severity of the situation of keeping an eye on a gas well. it was challenging.
Great work enviorment
Mechanic (Current Employee), Alice, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: you can work days off
Cons: shedule always changes
Good job great work employees. Always a helping hand safety is a huge role.
Hard working & productive
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), BasingstokeSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: some flexibility, very good benifits including pension, free fruit
Cons: unable to further my career
Completing purchase orders and documentation on a daily basis. Keeping in contact with suppliers for updates. I also get involved with shipping, which is a big part of the project to make sure everything completes within the required time.
Throughout my time spent at Schlumberger I have learnt how to build relationships with suppliers, learn how to – more... negotiate with major factory companies and make decisions myself.
The hardest part of my job is making sure deadlines are met. This is crucial to all projects within Schlumberger.
Although being hard at times, it's also rewarding to meet those deadlines and I love the busyness that comes with it. – less
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN TRAINEE (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WySeptember 25, 2014
It is a great work environment, and the people are great. It is a great company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Maurice, LASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, different cultures, lunches
Cons: n/a
I'm an Electronics technician for Coil Tubing Services in Maurice, LA. I have a set schedule from 07:00-17:00 Monday-Friday. The management here is understanding and helpful, also I love the work balance that I have and I'm able to get off and spend time with family. On occasions I will be offshore but only gone for no more than 3 days. Overall Wonderful – more... place to work, depending on what job you have. – less
Good company for fresh out
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good training program
Cons: pays soso
Very organized training program. Provides plenty oversea working opportunities.
n/a
Field Specialist (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 21, 2014
Schlumberger is overall is one of the best company due to management in Abu Dhabi , U.A.E work and social life is not good enough

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger┬áhas the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a┬áslump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more