Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a verry good company
Cementing. Field Specialist 3 (Former Employee), ALGERIA , AfricaAugust 13, 2014
decent company to start off working with, paid on a salary and bonus type pay which means you make money if there are lots of jobs lined up, but if contracts dry up so does your pay. Great place to gain experience.
Great achievements throughout career life
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), North and South AmericaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: worldwide operations - mobility to anywhere in the world.
Cons: not able to be with the family at special occasions.i, e. birthdays, etc.
Working 21 plus years for Schlumberger brought great achievements into my life, professionally and family wise.
Professional
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Москва, CENAugust 12, 2014
Very highly skilled, bright and professional people. The level of stress could be quite high, though it worth it. The emphasis is for technology not for the gloss. Dynamic, serious place!
Learn Quick, Fast Paced, High Stress, Great People
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bergen, NorwayAugust 11, 2014
It was a great experience. You learn a lot and quick. Excellent challenge with great people.
Great Company with good prospects and benefits
Multiclient Assistant Accountant for Europe (Former Employee), GatwickAugust 11, 2014
Pros: private healthcare and pension scheme
Cons: working long hours can sometimes be expected
I worked for Schlumberger for 11 years. I progressed from Departmental Secretary to Assistant Accountant which was a good career change for me and gave me a better understanding of the financial side of the Company. I enjoyed working at Schlumberger and only made the choice to leave as I was going on maternity leave with my second child and felt it – more... would be difficult to continue my career at that time.
There were also many good benefits with the Company; private healthcare, pension and opportunities to develop my skills, learn more and travel abroad. – less
work life balance
Management Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: not a good place to work
Poor management, benefits package, salaries and no work life balance. extremely extended work hours,
Safety first
Line Boss (Current Employee), Von Ormy, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no catering
Safety first is key. To go home just as you came to work. The typical day at work was good especially if your surrounded by good hard working people. The hours are long but that's what comes with any oil field job. Rigging up and down could be stressful but with team work and the motivation to get it done doesn't make it as bad. Once things are in place – more... and running its all up to you to maintain your equipment as best as you can. – less
maintain focus to maintain quality.
Maintenance technician II (Current Employee), Macaé, RJAugust 4, 2014
Every day I dedicate myself to finish the job with quality.
So that the tools are delivered in a timely manner without sacrificing quality of service.
Always using company resources such as manuals, tech alerts and reports modifications.
I am a person easy to learn and very collaborative, I use these qualities to maintain good relationships with co-workers.
Good work culture.
Wireline Operator (Current Employee), Agartala, TRAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: short bracks, health care.
During a cased hole job when we are in the 2500 meters down the hole 2 outer armor got brok and made a birdcage. asa per the troubleshoot, we hold the cable with T-Bar on the derick floor rotary table. While keeping the cable in slag mode i performed a splicing of the cable armor.

Rig-up ,rig-down, vertical make-up, winch operation, Rope socket making, – more... Cable Splicing, Tool callibration, Gun loading and unloading, arming a gun, setting the packer or plug, Safety at workshop, field, Radiation safety, Explosive safety, H2S safety, Safety during Crane operation, etc.

The poorest management about the company is the vacation plan. It provides only a month of holiday in an year.

Securing the company's documents, and detailes, securing profile of the company, looking after the co-worker's safety and easy work life, etc. Inventory control, prepairing orderlist, store and hazadous material stocks.

the hardest part of the job was frequently had to face worst welsite conditions. Slippery cat-walks and stairs.

Completing the job safe and successfully. Besides this the team work and co-ordination among us. Also, the desktop work are interesting part to work with and learn a lot more new thing about our job, tools and their working procedures, safety about oneself, etc.through HUB provided by the company. – less
I found very good company for learning point of view .
Assistant Driller (Former Employee), PakistanJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
about management : they give chance to blood relatives that why i did not happy with my management.
Co-worker: is cooperative with each other.
Hardest part of my is as floorhand and Derrickman.
AS assistant driller .
Schlumberger Drilling company is very good .
Data Engineer (Data anlayst) (Current Employee), Ta‘izzJuly 25, 2014
Schlumberger is great company actually i don't to leave but i have to find new challenges for every think SLB is good except small things can be ignored
The company is one of the biggest service provider in the oil & gas industry, it was a great honor working with Schlumberger
Operations Engineer / Supervisor (Current Employee), MalaysiaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: have the luxury to be with love ones more often
Cons: long working hours / longer hitch days than expected.
1) typical days - travelling to and from location with job completed successfully.
2) Learned to be more patient in dealing with co-workers in the field.
3) As we were only acquired by Schlumberger company; I would say we were under looked; some sort of discrimination.
4) Hardest part /experience on a job is working with someone who is bossy & pretentious – more... to know each & every aspect of the operation.
5) Most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is a success; sharing experience with other contractors or even different segment of the same company. Another enjoyable part of the job is when the management or Boss is fully supportive & discuss operation overview; pros & cons on the job, etc. – less
cost Analyst (Current Employee), Schlumberger - Basra - IraqJuly 17, 2014
im very friendly, like to share the knowledge, training people, team work player.
working in Basra, as a cost analyst started with schlumberger as a receivables accountant and i get promoted to a financial analyst job on April 2014,
Productive workplace
Senior Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, and safety for all employees
Cons: upward mobility
Good company to work for but upward mobility is hard to come by.
Too many Management changes.
Senior Electronics Technician (Tech III) (Former Employee), Henderson, COJuly 14, 2014
Pros: electronic training/schools
Cons: management
Too many manager changes - leads to poor management within the work environment. Difficult challenges in advancing up the chain - due to the constant changes in managers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was involved in performing modifications, upgrades, overhauls, and testing of new engineering technologies, in prototype stages prior to becoming commercialized
Good work atmosphere.
Cement field supervisor (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 11, 2014
Pros: the knowledge you get
Cons: being gone for days
Long shifts and work out doors.Good learning company and hands on.Management relates to you and what you do.Enjoyed all co workers.Long days where the hardest part of the job.The experience you get form this company.
Not what you may have thought
Operations and Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2014
This company has a lot of promises that it never can keep. The HR is the worst and the pay is pathetic to the amount of work that you really work. Job security is a no go and in all the company isn't a good company to work for. The only great thing about this company is the different people that you get the opportunity to work with.
Didn't work there long enough
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 10, 2014
From what I remember, it was a great place to work. People were very helpful and I enjoyed working there. The days and hours were long and there wasn't a whole lot of days off.
Relaxed enviroment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Houston TxJuly 7, 2014
Transffering hundreds of calls on a daily basis. Learned how to keep calm under pressure.
Multi Tasking, very fast pace organization
A/P Analyst (See Resume for other positions) (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TexasJuly 7, 2014
Pros: always opportunity for growth, very busy, great management team .
Cons: vulnerable to oil and gas volume production will reduce headcount without notice.
Worked for several departments, one of them I worked myself out of a job. The internal procurement department was fixed by providing training to employees, worked with IT deptarment to fix system issues. Please see resume for detailed information.

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more