Schlumberger

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Challenging
Field Specialist (Current Employee), LuandaSeptember 12, 2014
Good work envronment
I learnet how to operate and maintain a pump
Supervisor skills
Job desig and presentations
Pressure tests
Company standards and procedures
Bad management company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Cons: bad management and ego managers
Don't plan to go back to work there again. Waste money to explore new trading system and bad decision to outsource IT systems.
progreession needed
Intercompany Invoice Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: hours wrap around chilcare
Cons: low wage
this is a good place to work, especially starting out not having any experience. I have learnt a lot within my employment, especially in my office there are 3 others...all very different and all have different work ethnics.

My hours of work are great as they work around me having a child and being a single mother. so I start at 8.15 and leave at 16.00 – more... just in time to pick wee one up from nursery.

Hardest part of my job is knowing that I have worked here for 2 years and given my all, came from junior to solely doing intercompany invoices and getting no recognition for it. puts a dampener on why I am working FULL time for Part time wages.

But I do enjoy my job and know that I can do it on my own gives me pride in myself. – less
Highly Organized and Safety Oriented Atmospher
LWD Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Youngsville, LaSeptember 8, 2014
Tool maintenance schools are very difficult to get into, and so receiving promotions is frustrating. I have been a trainee for 10 months, despite maintaining the resistivity drilling tools on an advanced level. However, this is a low stress job, and the pay is decent for the level of work expected of you.
Decent Experience
Frac Operator (Former Employee), Midland, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: complacent management
I stand by the military 100 % , employers should consider giving us a fair program to prove our work ability and leadership style.
Fun and productive workplace
Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Farmington, NMSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great hours and pay. excellent training by excellent trainers
Rig up and down, drive to and from various locations. assemble pipe to and from wellhead. I learned how to Frac, work on pumps with this company. Anything I wanted to learn they would train me.
management was great, co-workers were great. The hardest part was the mud and snow because you would have to chain up. Working in the mud at different locations. – more... Most enjoyable was training new employees. The way I was trained that is how I trained new employees. – less
Challenging place to work with great Knowedge to be shared
Conveyance expert Micro seismic Gerneral operator (Current Employee), Shreveport, LASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: mothly crew meal alowence
Cons: not compinsated for the work you do with proper finacall reward
I have and do enjoy job at Schlumberger however I feel the company is moving in a different direction than I am.
Demanding and challenging, but can be rewarding
General Field Engineer - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (Current Employee), Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian FederationAugust 28, 2014
Pros: opportunity, technology, people
Cons: work schedule, compensation
With Schlumberger, I have been able to see many places and things that I would have otherwise never experienced. For the most part, it has been a positive experience. I like that management comes from the bottom up, so my managers have been through the same path, more or less, that we all have. I have learned a great deal about the oil and gas business – more... and how to manage equipment and people in a fast paced work environment. There is no typical day at work in the oil field, so learning to become very flexible has been key. The people I have worked with, for the most part, have been a very positive influence as Schlumberger tends to "weed-out" the unmotivated. The hardest part of the job is the time away from home with no definite schedule. I am married now with a family and the schedule is now more important. This is what takes away from the most enjoyable part of the job which is going and experiencing new challenges. Overall, my time here with SLB has been the best I have ever experienced, so far... – less
Great People
Senior Field Specialist Seismic (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 28, 2014
I loved working here, but I was gone from home so much that I had to move on so that I could be with my family more. Great people and a great place to work with lots of money.
Tough but challenging enviroment
Field engineer (Current Employee), AbuDhabiAugust 26, 2014
Tough working conditions, being away from town most of the times.
Ability to work under pressure, aqcuiring adaptability to deliver buisness objectives under any circumstances.
Schlumberger
Geoservices Senior Field Specialist (Current Employee), North America LandAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: limited advancement, unqualified management, no work/life balance.
Limited advancement, unqualified management, no work/life balance.
Everyday changes
Oil and Pumping Company Field Ticket Specialist (Former Employee), Midland texasAugust 23, 2014
Pros: the money is great.the lodging for people that worked there
Cons: no training, no communication, no togetherness
Everyday at Schlumberger was different. In formation and the tool to complete the mission we not give on a daily basis. Workers had to figure things out for them selves with the least bit of training.
Great people, long hours, good benifits.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits, plenty of hours
Cons: time away from family
Schlumberger is a great company to work for. The work schedule is difficult if you have a family, but the compensation and benefits are great. You will find most of your earnings in overtime.
Challenging and Rewarding
Reservoir Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 19, 2014
- A typical day at work is very hectic and includes analysis and interpretation of data
- Through this job, I learnt the art of managing time and also to work overtime f need be to meet the objectives and requirements of projects.
- The management supports you in all ways possible to get the best out of you
- Co-workers are very amicable and approachable. – more... They are great sources of knowledge and wisdom and always spare an ear for what you have.
- Hardest part is data acquisition and quality control.
- The most enjoyable part would be the satisfaction of completing the projects within stipulated time and learning volumes about something outside your comfort zone. – less
a verry good company
Cementing. Field Specialist 3 (Former Employee), ALGERIA , AfricaAugust 13, 2014
decent company to start off working with, paid on a salary and bonus type pay which means you make money if there are lots of jobs lined up, but if contracts dry up so does your pay. Great place to gain experience.
Great achievements throughout career life
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), North and South AmericaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: worldwide operations - mobility to anywhere in the world.
Cons: not able to be with the family at special occasions.i, e. birthdays, etc.
Working 21 plus years for Schlumberger brought great achievements into my life, professionally and family wise.
Professional
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Москва, CENAugust 12, 2014
Very highly skilled, bright and professional people. The level of stress could be quite high, though it worth it. The emphasis is for technology not for the gloss. Dynamic, serious place!
Learn Quick, Fast Paced, High Stress, Great People
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bergen, NorwayAugust 11, 2014
It was a great experience. You learn a lot and quick. Excellent challenge with great people.
Great Company with good prospects and benefits
Multiclient Assistant Accountant for Europe (Former Employee), GatwickAugust 11, 2014
Pros: private healthcare and pension scheme
Cons: working long hours can sometimes be expected
I worked for Schlumberger for 11 years. I progressed from Departmental Secretary to Assistant Accountant which was a good career change for me and gave me a better understanding of the financial side of the Company. I enjoyed working at Schlumberger and only made the choice to leave as I was going on maternity leave with my second child and felt it – more... would be difficult to continue my career at that time.
There were also many good benefits with the Company; private healthcare, pension and opportunities to develop my skills, learn more and travel abroad. – less
work life balance
Management Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: not a good place to work
Poor management, benefits package, salaries and no work life balance. extremely extended work hours,

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more