Schlumberger Employee Reviews

rewarding and challenging wok
Field Specialist, Well Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Western Highlands Papua New Guinea3 April 2016
challenging place to work, with it being a remote location planning was a pre major and anticipating the customers up coming requirements. with the complex drilling operations plans changed on a hourly basis. Which meant have extra equipment and personnel on standby and ready to move at short notice. Being the lead supervisor it was responsible for the day to day running and pre job planning for two drilling rigs. I liaised with the customer on HSE issues and KIPS to improve safety and service quality.
Pros
great people to work with, notwo days where eve the same
Cons
travel time to location
Excellent Company to work with.
Technical Lab manager for western (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 November 2015
Normal day is around 10 to 12 hours if you in a managerial role.
I learnt all parts of Schlumberger business.
Technial- Lab Operations-Marketing-Sales-Target account Selling-Personnel-HSE and working in different business environment.
Co-wokers are good people with similar goals and trainings so it is very easy to work with them and achieve desired results.
It is a 24/7 typae of job due to operations involvement.
They work in over 100 countires so one can go all over the globe and work.
Pros
Very open and friendly work culture maintaing all business ethics.
Cons
High commitment and long hours.
overall a good place to work
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 October 2014
I enjoyed my time here. My trainer was patient and kind, I enjoyed the work. They even built me a change room as I was the only female working in the shop! The life/work balance was really good. The benefits of working for such a large company was great.

The work itself could be physically demanding but I enjoyed that immensely.
Pros
free lunches at the safety meeting, good pay, nice environment, nice coworkers, safe, clean
Cons
loud, noisy, physically demanding
If your single and want money good place to start (frac only)
Senior Cement Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB/ Grande prairie ab21 April 2016
i worked for them for 4 and half years in cement. On call 247 most jobs i did for them i didnt sleep for 24 36 hours... If you want to be home more go to cement but first year or so youll only make 60 70 as a operator. On my 4TH year as SE0 the highest position as operator I made just over 100. if u start in frac be away lots but youll make 90 110 first year.
Pros
uh youll make the most money with them service company wise
Cons
just another brick in the wall. and mangers lie
I really enjoyed my time at Schluberger, it came to an end due to slow down in the oilfield and then lay offs took effect.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 February 2015
I loved the variety of tasks in a day. Management was great. The hardest part of the job, is not knowing weather the oilfield is going to slow down and then I would be out of a job.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Some days not enough hours in a day
Productive meetings
Technical Sales Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
My last assignment was very interesting.
We had every week meetings and reviews, to improve the marketing approach to improve the sales of the department. we constantly work to improve our technology, and introduce it to the client.
Pros
learn about marketing skill
Cons
Too many meetings in a week
Perfect place to begin carreer
Completion/Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worldwide6 November 2014
Perfect company to join from university. Good salary, fast progressing and personal development. However, life work balance is badly affected. 2940 working hours a year topped with few month of training is the way above what regular person can outlive.
Pros
Corporate courses
Cons
Long hours, overtime
amazing co-work very easy to interect and learn from co-workers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB31 March 2016
every day at work was just fun and the energy among us was just amazing

An example of our great team is:

I remember one day there was a tornado alarm at work, so every one was call to the general lunch room, for a quick safety meeting.
unfortunately I had my ear plugs on, and the back of the shop, and I didn't here the siren sound,
due to our amazing team work protocols in place a head count was implement by my team and I was able to attend the meeting
Pros
before every long weekend
Cons
busy days
This was really good
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB17 January 2015
This was a great place to work. Excellent benefits, profit-sharing, discounted stock program, and a real culture of learning and advancement. Hours can be very long. Really dependent on volatile oil prices as to how much you work and earn.
Pros
long term pay
Cons
work hours
Work at Schlumberger
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2016
The company has about 90,000 employees in more than 30 different countries and very often in many locations there are a shift of the management team every 1 - 2 years which brings new attitudes and orientations.
Pros
nice work culture
Cons
Constant management changes
Working for Schlumberger was a Lifestyle.
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
I used to work rotations which was the hardest part of the job and also interesting at the same time. i could work from home during the night shifts. The dress code was casual and the management would leave work related decision making on you. It was always fun at the office as my team was friendly and cooperating.
Great Money and Great Company Large Workload
Equipment Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 November 2014
Great Benefits and Great Culture and work environment. Great money to be made. Very patient staff and strong balance of both professionalism but interpersonal skills. Sometimes work load can be overwhelming and also sites and weather conditions make or break you. Great opportunity for some but not all.
Coil Tubing
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 February 2015
Over all the crew that you work with is your family, if that sound like the environment for you then your in good hands, Management went through many changes and overall was great, hardest part was adapting if you have never worked in the oil fields before.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
12 hour days 15 days strait
Good experience
Completion Field Expert (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2015
I had a good experience working for Schlumberger, they have a good training and development courses. As a former employee I can say that this company deserves to be number one among service companies.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Salary and bonuses are lower than average
A good place to have a career
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Worldwide locations2 June 2015
It a good company with nice benefits, and the opportunity to work overseas. Its challenging regardind job but it compensates with a wonderful work environment
Pros
Good salary, good benefits, good training
Cons
Not stable when crisis happens
Challenges
Materials Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX24 May 2016
Good company to work with due to their training and certification.I enjoyed the work and those people i worked with .Ability to use what i have trained and be able to put it into practise
Pros
be smart
Cons
you can solve it
Fellow employees are great to work with.
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 April 2013
When out in the field I work hard, I enjoy physical work. Co-workers are great, some safety issues, are being worked on. The most enjoyable part is driving.
Pros
Great benefits and pay when out in the field.
Cons
Down time, spring break-up.
Good work practices.
Equipment Operator (Contractor), Fracturing Dept (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2016
I really enjoyed working at Schlumberger. The way tasks and workloads are divided up amongst the crews and crew members makes sense. Everyone knows what to do because the supervisors are well organized.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
I was only a contractor.
Very physically and mentally demanding
environmental specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 January 2016
A typical day starts with a tool box talk we discuss and assign responsibilities for the day. Then we identify all the potential hazards associated with task and how to mitigate it. I learned to work with various tools and equipment and also to concentrate on assigned task.
Pros
Never boring lots to learn
Cons
Long hours 12hr/21 days straight
Best employer ever
Chief Observer (Former Employee) –  Worldwide9 September 2014
A excellent company for job advancement and benefits.
Its management system is one of the best in the oilfield services industry.