Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Place was enjoyable to work, new issues every day
Receiving, shipping and Inventory clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Typical day was meet with lots of challenges
I learned to communicate on many different levels
Co-workers were fun to work with
the hardest part of the day was if there was a lost part that had to be found.
The most enjoyable part of the day was no day was ever the same. Every day was different with different issues to be solved.
I am an active person, i am an independent supervisor who is ready to learn any new technologies. I make my work place a fun place for me and others.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Nigeria and Chad.March 25, 2014
Pros: training and new technology
Cons: time for self
. A day at work : I ensure to make a maximum use of my day at work and to make it profitable in managing my task per day.
. Every day of our life we learn a new thing either from our colleagues in the office or in the internet or on the job as we work by the day.
. Management skill is part of my day to day life as time wasted is hard to recover, so – more... time management and resources management are paramount to me.
.My co-workers are like a family I have at each point you are with them, so I live a life of team work with my co-workers.
. The hardest part of the job is when there's a challenge to achieve a goal and you can not get support from people around you, and client is not happy.
. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we work as a team to put a smile on the faces of our client, then we all will be happy.
When the client is happy we enjoy but when they are not happy with our job we can not enjoy. So we enjoy our self when there's excellent in our job execution. – less
wiriline operator
wiriline operator (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 24, 2014
Serviced and operational checked various down hole tools. Gained a lot of knowledge in regards to the function of a specific tool and the information that can be got from that tool and its tool string. Assisted the mechanics on various engine overhauling and Q-Checks.
I would never go back
Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Vernal, UTMarch 23, 2014
Pros: sometimes you get some down time
Cons: you were treated as a child.
Terrible management. Not just direct management, but upper management is horrible. Too big of company. You are literally just a number in the company.
High-end, innovative company that pays well but treats its employees horribly.
MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 23, 2014
Pros: technically interesting work, innovative, good pay, useful training
Cons: high chance of being laid off, employees treated badly, lots of useless training, sleazy, reckless, negligent
I did some interesting product development work for several months before being laid off without cause. That is the problem with this company: they treat their employees badly. They hire thousands of people and then quickly layoff thousands of people. They make you take lots of useless training classes about safety even though the company's field practices – more... are dangerous. That said, I did learn a lot about the oilfield services industry and Schlumberger creates some very innovative technology. I also took some useful technical training courses. – less
interesting job
Schlumberger - Bulk Plant Operator (Current Employee), Broome waMarch 22, 2014
You get to meet people from all cultures and walks of life and the best part of the job is that you are always working at different locations
Malongo schlumberger yard
wireline operator (Former Employee), Cabinda, XMarch 19, 2014
Pros: (1)hour for lunch
Cons: (10) hour for working
I get good proactive on jobs Respect the collegues good Relation ship with others employeers
Great place to start a career
Operator (Former Employee), Elk City, OKMarch 16, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: work schedule
Equipment was maintained in good shape, atmosphere was a safe enviroment
A great place to get experience
Development Technician III (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2014
Schlumberger is a great company that seeks people eager to learn and will train them. The company is adamant about training being a top priority along with safety. The only negative thing about the company is the compensation, however this was twenty years ago and I can't speak to the current situation.
General Work Enviorment
Operations Support Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: education, advancement, pay, benifits
Cons: not much time for a life outside work
All depends where you work, field work, some positions require months away from family even in domestic locations while others are a daily attendance, office life was a little more mellow. Although everything runs at a 24 hour pace and they expect you to contribute 110% while at work. Co-workers make the job, and seems everyone has a pretty positive – more... attitude and proactive spirit. Education through the company constantly improving and is next to none, probably equal to or better than a college education. – less
.work in Schlumberger is a good chance that you can learn new skills especially when working under hard Circumstances .
Wireline Well Head Equipment Specialist (Current Employee), TripoliMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, tea break, time to pray, full health insurance for employee, wife & kiddes.
Cons: location is 100 km from home town, sometimes working after hours for urgent jobs.
Discussing any HSE event that happened the day before or may happens in future .
7:45am operation meeting for field service Manager & supervisors started by ongoing operations & what will be done for each supervisor & what was performed & what was the cause if previous day job not done ?
8:10 am check for which well head equipment needs maintenance – more... through computerized system , check for the spares in the main store , then distribute the tasks.
10:00 Tea Break for 15 minutes.
12:30 Lunch Break for 1 hour.
13:30 back to work.
15:00 Tea Break.
15:45 stop work , housekeep the shop , organize hand tools, change clothes, prepare & send the daily report.
16:00 Go Home.
----------------
I've learnt a lot from working in Schlumberger such as Quality Health Safety Environment Culture & Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.

---------------
Management is a Culture of respecting employee rights & duties.
---------------
Your Co-workers
Team work culture is one of the skills that I’ve learnt from Schlumberger.
-------------
Hardest part is Equipment Weight ( Heavy).though we are using special techniques in handing & lifting.
-------------
Enjoyable part is when the equipment pass the test.
. – less
Extremely challenging job that you learn a lot from
Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMarch 4, 2014
I would get up at 3:00 am/pm depending if I worked morning or night. I would work for about 12-15 hours a day for 6 days straight and then rest for 3 days. I was in the outside so you could expect from extrem heat to rain to cold temperatures at night. That did not stop anyone including me. I would work heavy machinery and always learned more as time – more... passed. The hardest part was getting used to the life style of the oil fields. I spent alot of time outside of laredo and had to adjust to waking up at diffrent times during the day or night. – less
A great place for an internship
Intern (Former Employee), Houston,TxMarch 3, 2014
Tons of responsibility. A great place to work and grow. People are really great and always willing to help.
Great company with great opportunities
Team Leader - Repairs, Houston Pressure & Sampling (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 2, 2014
Pros: advancement is merit based; borderless opportunities
Cons: each center operates as its own company and may not have the same culture as the others.
Personal responsibility and drive is expected and the key to success.

Endless opportunities in over 85 countries around the world.

You can get lost in the big group if you dont strive to standout.
Has its moments.
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: compensation, profit sharing, coworkers
Cons: ignorance, health care, favoritism
The compensation and coworkers are really the only true benefit of the job. After spending the past two years living out of gas stations and hotels, without a home life it was time to move on.
Very Productive work place
HR & Payroll Analyst (Current Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 28, 2014
The best experience ever, every day there is something new to learn.
Great entry level experience
Documents and Training Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: schlumberger perks
Cons: contract
I learned how to work on a team of individuals from all backgrounds and expanded my knowledge of internal communications and web page development.
Productive, Hard working, Engeged with the operation
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Middle EastFebruary 24, 2014
I am working as a member of work team, engaged with the operations, monitor drilling and non drilling operation with same level of attention
good company poor managment
Fracturing Specialist (Former Employee), El Reno, OKFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: away from home, poor managment
normal oil field work, great people to work with, away from home a lot. good friends, extremely poor managment
Travelling
Mud Logger (Former Employee), Trinidad IncFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: travelling
Cons: compesation
Was a good experience in all the fields,Like travelling,meeting new people and going on courses

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more