Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Company
Outbound Clerk (Former Employee), Midland, TXNovember 6, 2014
A company that treats all it's employees as family members and you can truly advance if you put forth the effort towards accomplishing new training levels.
As manager of the Pipe Recovery group I oversaw all aspects of operations
Engineer-in-Charge Pipe Recovery (Former Employee), Houma, LANovember 4, 2014
Pros: quality equipment
Cons: upper management didn't fully support my decisions about how to manage the personnel
Schlumberger managment and sales force was fully dedicated in maintaining 80% - 90% of the market share in the Gulf of Mexico
No space for walk, too noise...
CNC Setup Machinist (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice food on weekend
Cons: short break time, ....to far from my home
The Part is too hard ,too close Tolerance...
The Co -Work too many Indian and Pakistian ....
i loved my job but managment really sucked
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hobbs, NMNovember 3, 2014
Other than management stepping on you to make themselves look good, it was fun dealing with my regular customers ,Had a lot of fun visiting with them and doing what I had to do to keep them happy and their business. Co workers were great but moody due to management that always favored their close friends at work over the ones that were trying to take – more... their place in the company. The job wasn't hard at all just found it hard to get the ones who already knew how to do things to show you the easiest way to handle a difficult task. The most enjoyable part was communing with my customers on a day to day basis and being out in the field . – less
Work, work, work
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Port-Harcourt NigeriaNovember 3, 2014
Pros: meet people.
Cons: thinking outside the box.
Flowing a well comes with so much exceptions, especially when when it is an exploration one. You feel more relief when you trust your equipment and hope nothing goes wrong.

The well is open, depending on what technique is used you are always going from one point of the well test area to the other to make sure all is going well as the initial completion – more... fluid is recovered during clean up.

The well starts flowing and the client is looking at you for data on his well. You look to your equipment, Engineers and operators and hope all is going as planned.

The well is stable, clean, you give rates, client is happy, you shut in for final build up and you are happy. Few hours later, you start rigging down and hope no one gets injured just like during rigging up. That is done and you start back loading equipment.

Joy comes when all goes well, or you will be making reports on how things went wrong, giving eight minimum facts. – less
Schedules are ruthless
Software Engineer - Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 1, 2014
Cons: schedules are bloody.
Products are ill-defined. Schedules are bloody. Too many chefs in the kitchen.
Great company. Talent won't go unnoticed.
Junior Material Specialist (Former Employee), Rosharon, TXNovember 1, 2014
Fast paste. Work days start very early. Management and co-workers treat you like family. Learn professionalism, communication skills, and general knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
Daily work schedule on a 14 hour day
Maintenance Sup (Current Employee), Alice, TXOctober 31, 2014
Stressed out with so much work, i learned to work with so many different type of managenent position employees in daily manor and worked with a team of 75 employees, and the most enjoyable part was completing all tasks that was asked of me
Numerous Benefits
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Rosharon, TexasOctober 31, 2014
Pros: parent benefits, including 2 weeks of care services at very low cost per year
Cons: healthcare coverage out-of-pocket expenses are a little high
Schlumberger is a great place to learn and grow as an employee. There are numerous benefits at your fingertips and the work is exciting.

During my employment, I have received extensive training in many areas, including Machine Shop Courses, Welding, Design for Manufacturability, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Tolerance Stacks, and more.

Schlumberger – more... has objective based management, where you define project and personal career goals at the beginning of the year. At year end, your performance review is based on meeting your objectives during that year.

Overall, I am very happy that I decided to work for Schlumberger. I am so excited to learn more about Materials soon and using Tolerance Software in Creo 2.0. – less
Very Hard Work for little money
Handling Specialist (Former Employee), InternationalOctober 31, 2014
Pros: industry leading training
Cons: long sometimes arduous hours and poor starting pay (paid in usd making the wage worse)
Grab a Coffee as you don't know when your next one will be.
Lots of heavy lifting and manual handling. Deploying seismic arrays. When not deploying, maintaining Air Guns and hydraulic systems. Quite often getting soaked in sea water and sweat.
12 hour shifts for 5 to 12 weeks no weekends. Sometimes long periods of time off.

Lots of training available, – more... mainly CBT but lots of land based courses too (usually done in your time off).

Brilliant Co-workers with good can do attitude and great attention to QHSE making a potentially dangerous job much safer.

The hardest part of the job was often not knowing when you were going home from one day to the next or how long your trip was going to be once you got on board your ship.

The best part of the job was working with friendly motivated people.

To do this job you MUST be physically fit (I lost 13 KG in 1x10 week trip) – less
Schlumberger
Senior Electronics Engineer Technician (Former Employee), Sugar LandOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: sometimes company can be too safety consious to a point of ridiculous
Great Company

Very Safety Minded

Management is very good

Enjoyed working for Schlumberger
Job
None (Former Employee), nonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working in the Oil industry. This job is good. I have no desire to provide a review.
challenging and fun at the same time
Resource Specialist Intern (Former Employee), 上海市, C23October 23, 2014
Pros: yummy snacks, social events.
An independent sourcing project done in 6 months. A typical day starts with checking updates of project progress with manager, searching through company software or just googling for vendors' business information. There was always group meeting at noon, where members tried to find solutions for upcoming projects or events. Afternoons were almost paid – more... to contact vendors and even visit fields for their details.

What I learned: project management, fast learning skills,self-motivation, team work & communication skills. – less
seek batter opportunites
Drilling data engineer/analyst (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi,October 21, 2014
-The day of going home after long hitch
-team work is a key to success
-management always keen to save money
-Always tried to be friendly with co-works
-Rig up/down is the hardest part of our job
- When system is running smooth with out any problem
Productive and fun place to work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 18, 2014
Pros: benefits, kind people, great pay
Cons: shift work changed every week and was not consisted.
Everyone was very professional and worked together as a team.
I learned a lot about the oilfield business.
Very nice environment and fun place to work
Management Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2014
Everyday is a new experience when I go to work. I love the people who i work with and the job itself it's not to bad either.

I really enjoy going over there.
great place to work in the summer
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 15, 2014
always stayed busy and always had something to do. production made the day go real quick. moved up to lead position in about half a year.
Overall good
Finance Systems Integration Manager (Current Employee), Algiers, AlgeriaOctober 14, 2014
A very valuable work environment, multi culture and possibilities to grow within the organization and have a abroad experience, work life balance a quit difficult
professional environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
a lot of work, learned HR department, executive assistant
managed warehouse
excellent team!
no hardest part of the job everything was great
during Christmas time
good workplace
D&M, WL Stores (Current Employee), MasilaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: devllopment
Cons: long time in work and short vacation
I worked with Sclumbergere at Masila block 14 and covering D&M AND ALS then at Shabwah block S2 and covering D&M and WL

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more