Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workplace of dreams
Mechanical Designer / Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Rosharon, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: everyday work was splendid
Cons: this place is awesome
This is a place that promotes within and recognizes outstanding employees. Work environment was pleasant and stress free and work peers were always wonderful to talk too. Hardest part of the job was figuring out how to handle a task at hand but with the advice and consultation by your teams, it makes research effortless.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: family time suffers
Schlumberger is a great place to work. Everyday is a challenge and you are forced to learn new things about your job everyday.
One of the Top company with good work culture and always something new to learn
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: well defined career progression system
Cons: job work/life balance
Friendly work culture that enhances work efficiency. Experienced managers mentoring in the work as well as employee career future. Well defined system for career progression within the company. Good training programs to teach you everything you need to know. Diverse people. Good pay. Room to grow. Will learn many new skills.
Pingpong table were asome
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TX 77067January 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healrth care not so good
Is nice work place vo-worker are very helpful & nice people, sometimes you can have a very tough day at work due to project dead line, No good communication with management with employee.
Always Going Above and Beyond
Logistics Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: promotes internally most of the times
- Team player
- Loves challenges
- Always there to help when someone is in need
- Knowledgeable
- Organized
a lot of free time
senior mechanic (Former Employee), egyptJanuary 13, 2015
overhaul engine at workshop or on site with client

working with my hand

there is not line of management

working in bad weather and bad places

traveling
Great Experience
Wireline Operator (Current Employee), Midland, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Company continues to teach me the skills and information I need to be more successful at my profession. It is a great company to start with and gain experience from. The hardest part of the job is being away from family and adhering to the strict schedule this profession demands. I look forward to continuing in the oil field industry.
Great Place to learn
Fluids Analysis Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Learn, get experience and move on. They will fire you quickly with a slight drop in crude prices. Notorious in the industry for quick layoffs.

Smart, good people in the workplace who really know their stuff. I would recommend anyone I worked with at Schlumberger to my current employer as all were smart, and hard working.
Maintenance Supervisor Croos trainee to Field Engineer
MWD/LWD field Engineer (Current Employee), Port-Gentil (Gabon)January 10, 2015
13 YEARS OF SERVICES IN OIL INDUSTRY, WORKING ON MWD/LWD (MEASUREMENTS & LOGGING WHILE DRILLING,) /SURFACE EQUIPMENTS and DIRECTIONAL DRILLER TOOLS AS MAINTENANCE SUPERVISEUR and 1 YEAR AS MWD /LWD FIELD ENGINEER AT SCHLUMBERGER DRILLING and MEASUREMENT..

CURRENTLY, Working as MWD/LWD FIELD ENGINEER

SKILLS:
- Good communicator (Team work).
- Highly motivated in achieving new performances.
- In depth experience in overall on Drilling workshop Maintenance Equipment’s
• Inspections
• Test Procedures
• Audits
• Spare Parts Ordered for maintenance
- One (1) Year on wellsite drilling operations with expertise in MWD/LWD Field Engineer operations.

Safety Trainings:

- Field module and safety training
- QHSE2 Schlumberger Safety training for Safety Team Leaders
- H2S trainings
- Working at Height
- Stepping Lifting and handling Training (Schlumberger)
- Hazard and Risk Identification and Reporting
- Defensive Driving Training
- Safety awareness
- HUET and Offshore survival
- Fire Fighting
Fun workplace
Surface Well Testing Operator (Former Employee), labuanJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: experience and good salary
Cons: poor life balance
- Make your own hours; start early if you like, or work late

- Very technical,in the top 5 of their field.

- C-workers were great people, always treated me well
Leading oilfield services company
HSE for Youth Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Tokyo, JapanJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: technical challenges at a global level, fast pace, good people
Cons: none - a great company
Schlumberger is the leading oilfield services company in the world, which both attracts and retains the best caliber people in the industry. The company has the highest health safety standards in oilfield services, top training programs for its people, and operates at a level of energy and integrity at all levels.
Great Company
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
This is the company for hard working people with positive work attitude.
The best oilfield service comapany
BDM for Consulting Services for Middle East (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 6, 2015
I passed my golden age of employment with SLB, this is the best and most international company I have ever seen.
Good Work Environment
Directional Driller Deepwater (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 4, 2015
With worldwide activities there is a real diverse culture and valued talent from different ethnic groups.
Fun place to work
Senior Completion Project Manager (Former Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14January 4, 2015
A lot of travelling experience and people management. Also my management skills improve.
Incredible place to work with great minded people
PRODUCTON MANAGER (Current Employee), Houston,TXJanuary 3, 2015
I am managing two product lines averaging a revenue of $87.5M a year.I have 60 direct personnel with 5 supervisors under me. Learning has always been a part and parcel of my daily job routine. The hardest part of my job is to keep production consistent over a period of time since there are various variables which could hinder in achieving our goals.The most enjoyable part of my job is to train people who work for me to become leaders in their life.
Vacation Trainee at Schlumberger in Villahermosa, Tabasco, México
Summer Internship 2013 (Former Employee), Villahermosa, Tabasco, MexicoJanuary 3, 2015
I worked in the segment called Well Services, my summer internship was 2 months. The 1st month I did some tasks in the base to get some certifications which are required to work in the oil work field. The 2nd month I worked in the oil work field which is intensive work, I stayed 2 days as minimum and 5 days as maximum time in the oil work field. You can be there some days doing nothing until the task starts, when the task start you would work from 14 to probably 36 hours in a row. The salary is good when you get the job. The first months are hard doing physical tasks but when you go to the first school and you get promoted the physical tasks are less but you have more responsibilities doing engineering and of course better salary and bonus.
Demanding company,but can be rewarding.
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Youngsville, LAJanuary 2, 2015
Literally learned something every single day. Aside from the 12/2 schedule and the lack of job security,great job.
Challanging and adventurous work place
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: timely promotions, benifits, annual gifts, festival bonus and gifts etc.
Cons: challanging job.
As it is an oilfield organisation, it is the most challanging job. We even work in deep sea offshore and deep jungles on land. You will always learn a new thing everyday and evry moment.
The best part of the company is the adventure. As go to differnet places on the globe we meet different people and get chance to know them and their culture.
The most important part is the technology that we deal with. Schlumberger works with the latest technology and keeps us updated as well.
Most employees great to work with, and helpfull when you're in need.
Expertly led technical sales (Former Employee), East Aurora New YorkDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits and a culture of taking care of employees
Cons: management is based on good old boy network not on talents and skills.
- Make your own hours; start early if you like, or work late
- Very technical, design driven company, in the top 5 of their field.
- CEO was excellent for 30 years, is retired now
- C-workers were great people, always treated me well
-Hardest part of job was working with internal issues; shipping ,supplies from German counterparts etc.

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more