Schlumberger

Schlumberger Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Proactively Innovative with great regards to Employees Development
Chief Acquisition Engineer (Current Employee), InternationalSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: employees development
Cons: work life balance
If you like exciting challenges, if you like to be continuously developed, if you want to believe that you are capable of consistently exceeding limits, if you love to experience the world, then Schlumberger is the place for you.
Good company, poor communication
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Red Deer, albertaJuly 7, 2012
Pros: large and places to go
Cons: long hours and excessive on-call
Woeking with SLB (Schlumberger) has been very educational and a challenge. The excessive on-call and the lack of clear future have taken a toll on my personal being and I need change. Wonderful company, it is me that needs the change
Readings
o Well service Lab supervisor (Current Employee), EGYPT PortsaidMarch 22, 2012
Pros: n?a
Cons: long hours
- No Life Style in Schlumberger
- hard Life
- In Schlumberger Egypt it is not A real Schlumberger , it is look like Local Company
Great work environment with good people
Instrumentation Electronics Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: opportunity for advancement
Work for a company that was acquired by Schlumberger, the company still has that small mom and pop feel to it. My co-workers are my family period.
Good money but no time
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), el renoApril 15, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and opportunity to advance
Cons: very time consuming, management, and stress
Management needs to get it together. Wished they didnt enforce so many policies and regulations that don't really benefit the work. You basically have no life with all the hours you work.
home vs work
Equipment operator 2 (Current Employee), conway, arApril 14, 2014
There is no balance between home and work. I work a 16-5 schedule. There is not enough time at home with my family.
International Working Environment
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Schlumberger embraces a true definition of an international workforce. Mobility and flexibility are two key attributes to a successful career.
Mechanic Work
MTI Mechanic Technician Intern (Former Employee), Brookville, PAApril 12, 2014
On a typical day I would troubleshoot problems any oil field equipment would have and then I would service and repair this same equipment.
The place is what you make of it
Electronics technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2014
in a typical day i do not see anyone that i work with the only people i see are the operators. if im on days i wake up at 1:00 am so i can drive out to location and be there by 5:30 am. I then work for 10 days on and get 4 days off. However all in all the place is what you make of it.
Productive and fun work place
Field Ticketing Specialist (Current Employee), Midland, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: free hotel stay
Cons: hardly any days off
The team that you work on will soon become like family. great company to work for.
Career Summary
MLWD Mechanic Technician (Former Employee), Kish Island Republic of IranApril 9, 2014
Pros: 6 week x 3 weeks
Cons: health care seld only
Assists MLWD Maintenance operation in Various countries such as Kuwait, China and Abu Dabi.

Assist Supervisors and Lead on training less senior technician to gain competency on MLWD tools. Knowledge Sharing is the key to have strong Maintenance team

Follows and implements the Work process and utilizes appropriate Maintenance Manuals and Engineering – more... Procedures

Store management skill by Proactively monitors uses, and re-ordering of required inventory and spare parts.

Initiating Equipment Maintenance with high Quality and Excellence in Execution plans

Analyzes Work processes by Implementing and monitoring Lean Methodology with continues Improvement

Quality Audits - Quality Management System (QMS) reviews and technical process audits of Rental/Specialty Tool Providers, Inspection Facilities, Machine Shops, and Rig-Sites to evaluate conformance to applicable international, industry, internal, and customer specific standards

Update Maintenance Record in Real Time, follow company tools Standard Operation and make sure the drilling tools complies with all Modification required.

Conduct all Company Business activities in accordance with the clients HSE Policies, Core values and Company Standards – less
New experiences, and varied locations
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTApril 8, 2014
Pros: regular time off, travelling opportunities
Cons: occasional long periods of time away, spend a lot of time travelling to locations.
Working generally on a two week on - two week off rotation, with the opportunity to work and travel in all parts of the word.

Working as a specialist, along with other service specialists, to perform often high intensity jobs. Sharing knowledge and expertise with a diverse range of personnel from all over the world.

Generally there is a good relationship – more... with crew on board, can be spending weeks on end in their company, so you get to know people quite well. – less
Quiet Workplace
Drilling Technician (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: number of requests in a day
A typical work day consists of several different types of request including compiling documentation, drawings, and proposals.
Incredible place to learn and make a career.
Cell Manager/Field Engineer (Former Employee), Balikpapan, KIApril 5, 2014
Pros: good remuneration, excellent health packages, expat much better than home country in most countries, company sponsor visas.
Cons: stress and more stress, but it can be managed. is a services company, you have to be ready 24/7.
Everyone involved in the oil and gas industry has an idea how tough is to work for Schlumberger (SLB), that's why SLB only hires (mostly) top notch people from the best universities in each country. All the people who is or were working for SLB is widely recognized, and the company itself is regarded as an excellent school (personal and academically) – more... for those entering the oil and gas industry since you have responsibilities as soon as you join the team. The stress levels are sky high, but that feeling of had done a good job cannot be compared. There is a slogan very well known in the industry, work hard, play harder, and this applies perfectly to SLB lifestyle, especially when your colleagues are form around the world. If I had the chance to go back and apply to this company again, certainly I would do. I would never change my experience here for anything else. – less
work environment
Parts Clerk (Former Employee), Brookville, PAApril 4, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: not any really
I enjoyed this job, got to meet a lot of people and see some fascinating equipment. Most of the co-workers were friendly. Long hours and overtime.
Best Oil Field Service Company
Well Services Field Engineer (Former Employee), Prudhoe Bay, AKApril 2, 2014
Schlumberger is a great company to work for, but they work you hard.
Again this was a contract position.
Production Support Programmer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: they move their programming and support to india.
A typical day at work included fixing software problems or programming enhancements, reviewing Remedy tickets and tracking down user problems, and taking care of all the software support issues, even when those software issues turned out to be network related issues. Sitting in requirements meetings with stakeholders, attending progress meetings, etc. – more... What I learned was if there was ever a more difficult way to write code, this company found it. Management were good and very knowledgeable people, willing to help at every turn. I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers to work with and quite honestly, hated leaving there because of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working with every version of .net from version 1.1 to 4.0. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with my co-workers. – less
Work Hard, Play Harder type of atmosphere
Senior Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 2, 2014
Pros: money, benefits, meet people from all over the world
Cons: dangerous on rigs, driving, greed makes for a extremely competitive environment
The Oil Field is definitely its own culture. Bonus is what drives this trade however the greed of it makes for dangerous conditions in the shop, driving and on location. Camaraderie is a must with everybody looking out for each other to avoid the horror stories of the past.

Overall if you bust your butt for Schlumberger, you will be rewarded..but at – more... a price. I still dont know how these guys can keep there families together back home when they are gone 3/4's of the year! – less
Difficult place to work
Field Engineer Trainee - Surface Well Testing (Current Employee), Houma, LAApril 1, 2014
I haven't enjoyed my time at Schlumberger. The company is too large for its own employees. And you can never plan anything due to the nature of the oilfield business.
Excellent company
Controller Europe and Africa (Current Employee), Paris, A8March 27, 2014
Great company with matrix reporting structure, lively and fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere that values team work, building relation ships. Have fantastic team members / colleagues. The company offers challenges and opportunities that keeps me motivated. Also an opportunity to explore the world and different cultures.

My mandate demands constant – more... effort to grow aggressively and profitably using our valuable technical and superior sales force giving superior profits within sound internal control framework, company goals and strategies while improving efficiency.

Appreciates out of box thinking, change, open two-way communication and listening to each other and implementing changes for the overall company benefit.

The business models and short, medium and long term business strategies developed for the region along with my Vice President that were out of box, were bought and implemented. Today we are satisfied but rest assured not rested :) after witnessing 200 basis points bottom line improvement, two fold improvement of return on assets and entering new territories with very focused and educated approach of pricing and competition handling strategy.

Proud to be part of Schlumberger. – less

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger┬áhas the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a┬áslump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more