Schlumberger Employee Reviews

Great company to learn
General Field Engineer & Engineer In Charge (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 October 2016
Working for Schlumberger gave me a lot of experience, they have an awesome organized system that helps you to grow following a pre set path.
Pros
Awesome Development Program
Cons
This was a challenging occupation, with many days away from home. Physically demanding, with exposure to harsh weather elements.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 October 2016
A typical day at the office started with a pre-trip/maintenance check of my equipment. Then mobilization of a convoy of frac equipment to the next location where after rigging in all the frac equipment and pump lines we would have a pre job safety meeting. The work was always dealing with high pressures, flammable substances and harsh chemicals. A highly dangerous occupation.

I learned to work safe, operate many types of equipment and acquired my Class 1 drivers licence through the Schlumberger driving school located at Didsbury, Alberta. This was a very valuable experience that I will always carry forward with me in my driving skills.

Management was authoritative and strict (for good reason). But fair and non-judgmental.

My co-workers where hard working, hard playing, fearless individuals with a sense of adventure and daring.

The hardest part of the job was being away from home for long periods of time.

The most enjoyable was sharing the days events with my crew after work with cold beverage. And pay day!
Pros
Professional driver training of large rigs, I became proficient at operating many types of heavy equipment.
Cons
Long periods away from home. Heavy work in harsh weather conditions.
Very nice office environment pre-recession, not so good during or post
Production & Drilling Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2016
- Typical day at work, would include daily morning meetings to assess support calls.
- co-workers are really friendly, there is a really nice environment at the office.
- unfortunately I myself experienced bad management due to changes in my direct supervisors and left stranded.
- before the downturn the office environment was very enjoyable, with lot of incentives for employees.
- During and post recession the office environment was very pessimistic.
Pros
Lots of lunch and learns with free lunch
Cons
Too many managment changes
Excellent traings work place,International diversity
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 September 2016
It is the best Company to work in whole world. It has excellent trainings programmes. Very challenging, Diversity,
I am proud I worked for this company.
Management likes their buddy system
EO (Former Employee) –  BC10 September 2016
as long as you tell your manager how wonderful and great they are...you're good. Once you decide not to go drinking with them or not to always agree you're done and you loose your job. Typical oilfield....everybody is the smartest but at the end they're all talentless nobodies with big financed trucks....I'm happy I'm out...!!!
Pros
I learned how to drive
Cons
Backstabbers, liars and cant trust anyone
Best company to work with.
Various positions as per resume (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2016
- Challenging work
- Individual responsibility
- Yearly work assessment and review
- Accountability
- Financial budgets & targets set well ahead of the year
- Very good Leadership & motivation
- Excellent Managerial skills
- Management information systems
- Team work and job excellence
- Job Training & skills
Pros
Quick promotions, work recognition and salary increases.
Cons
Travelling with family around the world, education for children being effected
Terrible work environment and experience
Geophysical Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
I was told " You think too much". And " That's how we've always done it". Upper management had wonderful and logical ideas and goals but middle management were always just covering their bottom lines, and not in the most efficient and fair manner. I really don't understand how anything gets done.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Atmosphere
Busy company with opportunity for advancement
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
i really do not wish to publicly review a company. i feel that my opinions are better kept on a personal level, and can be communicated on a one on one basis with those truly interested.
Cons
Life away from family
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 August 2016
Schlumberger is a great place to work. They really strive to create a balanced work home life. There is plenty of room for advancement as I have seen over my career. The training is endless due to the significant importance focused on safety.
Pros
training
Cons
Good company to start your professional career
Field Service Manager in Charge (Former Employee) –  Venezuela20 August 2016
SLB is an awesome company to start your professional career, they offer you awesome training and development of your skills, you can follow a career path clear and straight forward. I adquired great skills working with them and was a blessing in my life.
Decent environment, but a bit too high pressure.
Remote Connectivity Manager - staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2016
High pressure with poor direction and vision. Management was overly strict.

Every employees is expected to be a salesperson which, if you aren't comfortable doing this, is hard and created unnecessary pressure.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits and ok environment.
Cons
High pressure, stress and poor direction from management.
Productive and Fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 July 2016
I work evening shift, I learned a lot from my area. I became team leader. My co- workers are hardworking and easy to get along. The hardest part of the the when the machines breaks down. the most enjoying of the job when everybody are working hard together .
Pros
free dinner once a month
I enjoyed it there
Engineer-in-training (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 July 2016
lots of training, quality training, focuses creating a work life balance. Only place i have seen that encourages dating internally...weird, not a fan of the idea..but probably a strong business plan, if you have a married couple working there, the company only has to pay for one relocation.
if you don't fit in their idea of a perfect box, you will find yourself unemployed.
Pros
pay, schedule
Cons
if you get sick, or hurt, you become unemployed
slum
store keeper (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
in this company you are just a number, you might work your hardest for 6 months and they will let you go because they can find cheaper labor around the world, no union to support any employees, and one of the top companies to cut down jobs in alberta so the CEO can still make his billion of dollar of bonus
Pros
n/a
Cons
no training, no job bonuses, not alot of travel allowance, no gurantee of a job
Productivity and development career
Fluid Engineer (Former Employee) –  venezuela30 June 2016
A typical day of work is very hard but with amazing satisfaction
Im learned technology in fluids and estimulation, I-committed.
In the area of management the are superior.
Good co-workers and excellent ambient.
The hardest part of this job is to give at client the best service with total responsibility.
The enjoyable part of the job is to have stunning experience with different cultures.
Pros
Knwolege
Cons
little bit time free
Oil & Gas Services Company
Lead Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2016
Schlumberger offers an excellent benefits package. As it is in the Oil and Gas industry job security is dependent upon the markets and layoffs are regular occurrences.

The size of the company provides room for growth and advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job Security
great place to work
Wellhead operations and Cement Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 June 2016
I worked here in coil tubing and fracing. This a great company and recommend it to anyone in the oilfield. These guys are the leader of the oil industry and the sky is the limit
Pros
lots of room for advancement
Overall SLB experience
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Egypt21 June 2016
The job taught me a lot regarding working under balance, managing people from different background, dealing with customers with different backgrounds and mentalities and maintaining good and long term relationships with them.
Pros
Experience gaining
Cons
Long work hours, work-life not very balanced
Schlumberger
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster20 June 2016
-Great training program and chances to work in various locations. -Management could use more training.
- Not suited for everyone due a lot of traveling and being in remote locations
Productive meetings
Technical Sales Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
My last assignment was very interesting.
We had every week meetings and reviews, to improve the marketing approach to improve the sales of the department. we constantly work to improve our technology, and introduce it to the client.
Pros
learn about marketing skill
Cons
Too many meetings in a week