Schlumberger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Perfect place to begin carreer
Completion/Production Engineer (Former Employee), WorldwideNovember 6, 2014
Pros: corporate courses
Cons: long hours, overtime
Perfect company to join from university. Good salary, fast progressing and personal development. However, life work balance is badly affected. 2940 working hours a year topped with few month of training is the way above what regular person can outlive.
Coil Tubing
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 12 hour days 15 days strait
Over all the crew that you work with is your family, if that sound like the environment for you then your in good hands, Management went through many changes and overall was great, hardest part was adapting if you have never worked in the oil fields before.
it can be fun at times
Maintenance Mechanic / Electronic Technician (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Pay is decent but you are overworked with very little appreciation
from the Management Team. I learned allot on my 2 years working there, allot of training. Got laid off when the Oil Bug hit
Good company, poor communication
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Red Deer, albertaJuly 7, 2012
Pros: large and places to go
Cons: long hours and excessive on-call
Woeking with SLB (Schlumberger) has been very educational and a challenge. The excessive on-call and the lack of clear future have taken a toll on my personal being and I need change. Wonderful company, it is me that needs the change
Easy going, Productive and Energetic Person
Office Manager (Former Employee), Las Morochas - VenezuelaApril 29, 2015
Pros: Be leader, member team
Cons: always busy
I had the opportunity in this company to improve many skills, such as negotiated, purchased, Managed Event for employees, prioritized task, always be attentive to solve problem and how avoid waste time and money. Oversaw people.
Good for fresh out
Senior Directional Driller & OSE Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2015
Worked over 8 years with slb. enjoyed the training system as well as hard working time in the field. I gained both operations experience and valuable skills, that provides me solid foundation to competently work in both oil field and office.
Great Money and Great Company Large Workload
Equipment Operator Trainee (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 7, 2014
Great Benefits and Great Culture and work environment. Great money to be made. Very patient staff and strong balance of both professionalism but interpersonal skills. Sometimes work load can be overwhelming and also sites and weather conditions make or break you. Great opportunity for some but not all.
Schlumberger work experience.
Directional Driller Supervisor (Current Employee), Europe and AfricaDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Technology is advanced, good work rotation.
Cons: Massive layoffs, management can be top heavy.
Worked at Schlumberger for 15 years. Has been a good company to work for. Recent pay cuts, and massive layoffs. Good benefit package, and salary at industry standards. Excellent training, and growth to learn new technologies.
alot of on the job safety
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Trainers were easy to get along with.
Cons: Long hours
I liked the on the job safety I learned from the company.
Management wasn't always good for communication but I learned a lot from the training and would recommend it to people looking for more training on their class1.
Good experience
Completion Field Expert (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: Trainings
Cons: Salary and bonuses are lower than average
I had a good experience working for Schlumberger, they have a good training and development courses. As a former employee I can say that this company deserves to be number one among service companies.
I am senior field specialist in Schlumberger D&M working in UK.
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 18, 2013
I have more than 12 years services with Schlumberger D&M. I am supervisor in my company with highest grade as Field specialist. I have done different type of the deviated and horizontal wells. Also in my company I had world record in longest drilling section.
Proactively Innovative with great regards to Employees Development
Chief Acquisition Engineer (Current Employee), InternationalSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: employees development
Cons: work life balance
If you like exciting challenges, if you like to be continuously developed, if you want to believe that you are capable of consistently exceeding limits, if you love to experience the world, then Schlumberger is the place for you.
Good workplace with different multinationals
Maintenance Supervisor in Charge of Akpo (Former Employee), Harcourt, ONJune 19, 2015
Cons: Long hours while on the field
A good workplace where emphasis on training and retraining of personnel. A workplace with different multinationals in achieving a desire goal. It's one the best in Oilfield services world wide, that provide quality services to clients.
productive work place
Operator 1 (Former Employee), WhiteCourt AlbertaSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great guys
Cons: not so good money
great company to work for. money can be great to if you get on coil tubing or fracing i was a cementer and work long hours some time for no much pay off
Productive,learned diffrent skills and zero tolerance policy for quality and safety.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Perform the technical functions involved in assembling, installing, repairing, maintaining, calibrating and modifying mechanical equipment and system circuitry, components and systems.Assist in the production and quality control of electro-mechanical equipment and products
Review of work at Schlumberger
Calgary and South Fields HSE Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Challenging in managing driving related safety because of harsh winter season and long journeys to the field sites. Highly regulated in terms of environment, occupational health and reporting to the authorities.
its the oil patch .what else can you expect
Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: money.advancement.free living in hotels.job bonuses.
Cons: away from home alot.too many alcoholics on crews.politics.
Good job ,tons of schooling,room for advancement. poor home life .lots of alcoholics of the crews.
Great pay, long hours required
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long work hours (12-16 hour days)
The pay while working at Schlumberger was great, although the tradeoff was long hours and a 15 on, 6 day off schedule. Having 6 days off in a row was great, although some people might prefer a different schedule.
Room for advancement but no life
Wireline General Field Engineer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJune 19, 2015
Room for advancement but terrible work/life balance. Work a lot of hours. Management is always changing sometimes making it very difficult to deal with so many different managers.
oil field work
HEAVY INDUSTRY OPERATOR (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 8, 2013
Pros: good wage
Cons: too dangerous
Long hours and very dangerous but good salary.The oilfield is unstable and you may find yourself out of work for months at a time. Not stable employment.