Schlumberger

Schlumberger Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy work environment . Great food at camp and good pay
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 5, 2013
Pros: expenses for food and travel. good camp food and ok salaries.
Cons: long hours . sleep managment, cold weather, 3 weeks on one week off
On call 24/7 get read pre trip the truck dive to fill up then to the job site. Back the truck up get set up . 4 Runs assemble tools first run nap, second run the winch , 3 run nap 4 run the winch. Each time take apart the tools into a new tool string . Clean all the tool every time they come out of the hole. Load the truck back up . drive back to camp sleep till next job.
Beautiful and Safe company Culture
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton. ABNovember 4, 2013
The first thing company thinks about is Safety and security.
work and fun
System Engineer (Former Employee), work at Schlumberger EgyptOctober 20, 2013
A first thing to do is to check mail to see if a server has send an error notification, then check log for all servers and disk storage to see a warning or fatal error if a major error exist we begin to deal with it immediately by our team . after the daily check , I open the web to take the users ticket ( Intouch tickets) and solve them.It is a good thing to learn how to manage your time to deal with all problems in a way to be sure that things done 100% in the right way without errors,
the preferable part that if a problem appears, all the team deals with it together to eliminate any possibility that an error occur. The hardest part of the job is when we plan for total shutdown of the center to do an upgrade (software or hardware) that continue for more than one day in a weekend, and the most enjoyable part is that we always install the latest technologies for servers or big data storage.
Great management
Cenent helper (Former Employee), Ft St John BCSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: training
Cons: long long hours
Short time there but great training company. Always busy which is great for job security. Up for sending its people anywhere to get the training they need.
Terrible unless you are an engineer
Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJune 6, 2013
Pros: good pay in busy winter months (3 months per year)
Cons: no respect given to anyone other than engineers
Worked there for 2 years as a Wire line Operator. No chance of advancement unless you were an Engineer. Engineers that would screw up or injure themselves would be promoted while there was no room for advancement for operators.

Always worked with rookie Engineers that would have no clue in their job but were too "smart" to listen to anyone that was not an Engineer.

Had to fight to receive bonuses that were earned on jobs.
Rig Site experience
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 25, 2013
Life at Schlumberger is all about how you can adjust yourself with different locations required for different jobs. My internship experience was less of a rig site experience but came to know of the overall functioning of an oil and gas services company. The technology provided to the employees is hi-tech and innovation and to work not only requires intellect but also rigorous hard work in office and on site.
I am senior field specialist in Schlumberger D&M working in UK.
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 18, 2013
I have more than 12 years services with Schlumberger D&M. I am supervisor in my company with highest grade as Field specialist. I have done different type of the deviated and horizontal wells. Also in my company I had world record in longest drilling section.
20 year career in heavy industry best darn outfit I ever worked for "bar none"
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 12, 2013
Pros: covered in previous
Cons: long hours and uncertainty otherwise no cons
Extremely diverse workforce all races colors and creeds not to mention ages!!!!!!!(more my thing) lol
Awesome management they will find a fit for your level of experience and expand on it if you are willing to put in the effort
Great benefits
Although there seems to be a high turnover rAte even those that are here for a short period of time show great potential I think due to Schlumberger training
Great programs for employee development!
Opportunity to travel the world if so desired
Write your own paycheck. At least in my department (work as much overtime as you want or as little as you want as you desire! Absolutely in heard of.
Continual improvement ( within reason of course)
Company is a bit cheAp with resources but pays people well
Tools and equipment is not shiny but the people realy do shine!!
Concerns with work always seem to be dealt with in a speedy and effective manner. No beating around the bush and no hidden agendas. Management is always willing to listen. I think this is because management is developed from a grassroots level
I have thought of leaving but quite honestly I dont think there is much or any better out there
Great pay, long hours required
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long work hours (12-16 hour days)
The pay while working at Schlumberger was great, although the tradeoff was long hours and a 15 on, 6 day off schedule. Having 6 days off in a row was great, although some people might prefer a different schedule.
Very dynamic due to the nature of the activities
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONEMENT ADVISOR/MANAGER (Former Employee), Last assignment in Airdrie, AB CanadaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: benefit: free lunch
Cons: long hours as manager
From 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Learned how to manage a facility
Good relationship with co-workers
Dealing with new employees
I enjoyed achieving my individual and company objectives
Enjoy managing the Health, Safety and Environment System
learning environment
driver/supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: team oriented
Cons: long hours
learned alot in the years that i was there . Spent many months in training and specializing my engineering diploma
Meh
Operator (Former Employee), AlbertaFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: massive company
Cons: idiots
Got boring. Expected way more then you can physically do. The company thinks its the safest when in reality its not.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: team building
Cons: n/a
This was a term contract position. I gained valuable experience and knowledge working in such a large company base.
good firm
PETROPHYSICIST & ENGINEER (Former Employee), NorwayNovember 17, 2012
- very good firm
- good training program
- good payment
- good managemenet system
Installed and tested logging systems in wireline trucks
Electronic Technologist (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 30, 2012
Pros: enjoyed working in a team enviroment
Cons: long hours
Preformed Q-checks and repaired open hole tools
Trained and supervised new and junior staff
Schlumberger
Coil Tubing Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 29, 2012
Pros: advanvced experience
Cons: working away from home
Great group of people both in the field and office, very hard working culture. Schlumberger has the reputation world wide as one of the leading well servicing providers, and in Grande Prairie our division of coil tubing was held to the same title. We frequently would work long term contracts for high profile companies such as Imperial, Encana, Nexen, etc. This working environment was very demanding and helped shape me into the person I am today.
not a bad company to work for
Wire line Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 29, 2012
Pros: golf tournament
Cons: long hours is an understatement, on job from 18 hrs to36 plus hrs
shop, maintain tools, truck inspection,drive to lease, rig up, run winch to lower tools into well, rig out, drive back or stay in camp, or hotel.
co workers hard to work with not allowing you to get your hands dirty.
direct sunlight with heat and humitity
enjoyed learning different and new things
Learning about the industry on a daily bases
Well Logging Engineer (Former Employee), ABOctober 19, 2012
Pros: freedom out in the bush
Cons: lonely at times went waiting for triping which is down time to loggers.
It was a good place which provided good training ground for a young man like me to learn the technical side as well as drilling operations of the industry
I do not see any downside, enjoyed the free working environment being out in the field and the length od time rests allowed in between jobs
productive work place
Operator 1 (Former Employee), WhiteCourt AlbertaSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great guys
Cons: not so good money
great company to work for. money can be great to if you get on coil tubing or fracing i was a cementer and work long hours some time for no much pay off
Schlumberger is a solid company
Wireline Geomarket Marketing & Sales Manager (Current Employee), Algiers but now I leave in CalgarySeptember 7, 2012
Pros: fast learning through exposure
Cons: life work balance
It is worth persuing a career with Schlumberger as long as it doesn't clash with your personnel plans

About Schlumberger

Schlumberger has the know-how to get oil and gas drillers out of a slump. One of the world's largest oilfield services companies, – Read more