Schlumberger Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
If your single and want money good place to start (frac only)
Senior Cement Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, AB/ Grande prairie abApril 21, 2016
Pros: uh youll make the most money with them service company wise
Cons: just another brick in the wall. and mangers lie
i worked for them for 4 and half years in cement. On call 247 most jobs i did for them i didnt sleep for 24 36 hours... If you want to be home more go to cement but first year or so youll only make 60 70 as a operator. On my 4TH year as SE0 the highest position as operator I made just over 100. if u start in frac be away lots but youll make 90 110 first year.
Great technical and management development
Field Quality Engineer (Wireline Technologies) (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: Personal development
Cons: Dangerous hours, poor compensation
SLB is a great company with good opportunities to learn management and technical roles. Unfortunately, people do not come first and engineers and lower level management are under compensated for the time sacrificed to the job.
amazing co-work very easy to interect and learn from co-workers
Technician (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 31, 2016
Pros: before every long weekend
Cons: busy days
every day at work was just fun and the energy among us was just amazing

An example of our great team is:

I remember one day there was a tornado alarm at work, so every one was call to the general lunch room, for a quick safety meeting.
unfortunately I had my ear plugs on, and the back of the shop, and I didn't here the siren sound,
due to our amazing team work protocols in place a head count was implement by my team and I was able to attend the meeting
Work at Schlumberger
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: nice work culture
Cons: Constant management changes
The company has about 90,000 employees in more than 30 different countries and very often in many locations there are a shift of the management team every 1 - 2 years which brings new attitudes and orientations.
Very physically and mentally demanding
environmental specialist (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Never boring lots to learn
Cons: Long hours 12hr/21 days straight
A typical day starts with a tool box talk we discuss and assign responsibilities for the day. Then we identify all the potential hazards associated with task and how to mitigate it. I learned to work with various tools and equipment and also to concentrate on assigned task.
Exciting workplace, multy culture, international
Butler Dean Construction, Calgary, AB (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Pros: loa
Cons: outdoors
Performed production testing, monitor gages, operated a high and low stage tanks.calculated water, gas and oil pumped per hour
Schlumberger work experience.
Directional Driller Supervisor (Current Employee), Europe and AfricaDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Technology is advanced, good work rotation.
Cons: Massive layoffs, management can be top heavy.
Worked at Schlumberger for 15 years. Has been a good company to work for. Recent pay cuts, and massive layoffs. Good benefit package, and salary at industry standards. Excellent training, and growth to learn new technologies.
Large global company with opportunities around the world
engineer (Former Employee), AlbertaNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Large global footprint
Cons: Short sighted management structure
Being the largest oilfield service provider in the world, the company has many varied opportunities to offer globally.
I like the people working there
Senior Machinist (Former Employee), Nisku, ABNovember 5, 2015
It was a very good job, work with very good people, depend too much on the price of oil in the market, not very busy at times because not enough drilling.
Fun place to work with great atmosphere
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Long lunch, fantastic benefits
Cons: Long Days when in the field
A great place to work with fantastic benefits. Show up in the morning and have a job meeting with the boss. go out into the yard and grab your unit to bring in and inspect. follow the inspection sheet guidelines, order parts if needed and get her done by the book.
Great job
Operator /Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABOctober 9, 2015
People were great, work was great and loved doing my job. Nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable part was driving and being able to do my job with ease.
Review of work at Schlumberger
Calgary and South Fields HSE Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Challenging in managing driving related safety because of harsh winter season and long journeys to the field sites. Highly regulated in terms of environment, occupational health and reporting to the authorities.
it can be fun at times
Maintenance Mechanic / Electronic Technician (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Pay is decent but you are overworked with very little appreciation
from the Management Team. I learned allot on my 2 years working there, allot of training. Got laid off when the Oil Bug hit
alot of on the job safety
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Trainers were easy to get along with.
Cons: Long hours
I liked the on the job safety I learned from the company.
Management wasn't always good for communication but I learned a lot from the training and would recommend it to people looking for more training on their class1.
Professional company
Field service Engineer (Current Employee), TorontoSeptember 21, 2015
Schlumberger is a very professionally run company with excellent perks. I have spent good times working here. It is a multinational firm with branched world wide.
Hard but rewarding
Well tester (Former Employee), AberdeenSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: travel the world
Cons: long hours
Good development opportunities and help progression, never standing still.

The company expects complete dedication but you are rewarding for your efforts.
Good for fresh out
Senior Directional Driller & OSE Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2015
Worked over 8 years with slb. enjoyed the training system as well as hard working time in the field. I gained both operations experience and valuable skills, that provides me solid foundation to competently work in both oil field and office.
Fast pace, long hours, great benefits, good bonus system.
Equipment operator/Cementer (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits, good amount of time off
Cons: long hours, on call for 15 days without much warning.
Good company to work for:
- Great bonus system
-All right salary
- Good amount of days off 15 on 6 off
- Training is good but needs work
- Management needs work but works hard to get the answers for you
-hardest part is being on call and be woken up around midnight onwards.
Nice place to work for beginners
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: No life/work balance.
Nice place to work for beginners. Good training, good money. Travel a lot. Not really paying attention to performance when it comes to lay offs.
Room for advancement but no life
Wireline General Field Engineer (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJune 19, 2015
Room for advancement but terrible work/life balance. Work a lot of hours. Management is always changing sometimes making it very difficult to deal with so many different managers.