Schlumberger is the world's leading oilfield services company. Each day, in more than 80 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas. Through our wellsite operations and in our research and engineering facilities, we are working to develop products, services and solutions that optimize customer performance in a safe and environmentally sound manner. We aim to do business in a consistent and transparent way with all our clients. Customers place a great deal of trust in us, particularly when it comes to handling sensitive and confidential information. Our reputation for integrity is vitally important in winning and retaining this trust.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and Human Resource professionals play a key role in supporting and developing the talented individuals who join Schlumberger. HR professionals play diverse roles, but all are significant contributors to our profitability, efficiency, and competitiveness. HR is considered a valued business partner to management. Whether you’re recruiting the best candidates from a pool of global universities, researching salary trends, or helping to develop future leaders, you’ll be a respected member of the Schlumberger team. Our management recognizes that the quality of our solutions depends on the quality of our people.
For more information and to submit an application, please go to http://careers.slb.com
The Compliance Analyst assists in implementing, promoting, auditing and advising HR and line management on compliance issues. He/she supports the Legal & Compliance departments by providing updates and appropriate information and documentation regarding employment law and best practices.
HR Management/Line Management/Regional Support Center Management/External Groups and Organizations/Legal Management/Schlumberger Ethics and Compliance Team
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively implements programs and processes to ensure compliance with employment legislation, and internal policies.
- Process separations, applying employment and human rights laws.
- Adjudicates background and criminal records checks.
- Ensures Schlumberger policies and documentation take into account current industry best practice and local legislative requirements.
- Monitors HR documentation, and updates as necessary to ensure compliance with local legislation.
- Plans ahead to shape Schlumberger's policies and guidelines to meet future legislative changes.
- Creates and implements employment law updates/training workshops.
- Provides support as needed to management and HR in the course of investigating and resolving filed complaints.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 2 to 4 years' Human Resources, Employment Law or Business experience
- Legal right to work in Canada
- HR Background with heavy employee relations experience
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret provincial standards to formulate and recommend solutions to issues arising in the workplace
Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.