The Benefits Analyst supports the Benefits Manager to ensure benefits programs and practices in the area of responsibility are
a) compliant with Schlumberger Corporate Benefits principles, policies and guidelines
b) competitive in the marketplace (both design and cost effectiveness), and,
c) compliant with local legal and fiscal regulations.
HR Management/Line Management/Regional Support Center Management/External Groups and Organizations
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures the accurate and timely creation of STD, LTD and WCB quotas in SAP. Tracks all employees disability related time and enters disability earnings into SAP.
- Calculates pay in lieu amounts upon request
- Ensures employees are enrolled in Foreign Workers provincial health care replacement coverage where appropriate
- Answers employee/management queries on benefits.
- Verifies all employee made charitable donations are eligible for Company match and that donation has taken place.
- Creates maternity and parental leave packages, enters 12 week top up earnings and pension contributions in SAP for these leaves.
- Administers leaves of absence activations and reactivations in SAP.
- Conducts ground work for any potential changes in benefits and assists in the development of corresponding administrative changes.
- Supports the development of clear and concise benefits management systems including best practices to ensure the smooth execution of benefits administration.
- Drafts communication materials related to benefits eligibility, coverage, limits, tax status for employees and the HR organization. Helps employees better understand their benefits and assist the HR community in explaining the plans.
- Coordinates communication of benefits policy related issues.
- Owns and maintains the information contained within BenTrack (benefits management system) for area of responsibility and coordinates with local benefits owner.
- Participates in discussions with plan administrators and carriers to assist in the management of services.
- May assist in the billing and payment process with cooperation from Finance.
- Assists in the preparation of any government filings, benefit plan audits, or other tax reporting requirements.
- Participates in benefit due diligence during mergers and acquisitions.
- Supports compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley and local Fiscal requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Privacy & Protection Guidelines and relevant legislation.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
HR Degree with 0 to 2 years' HR experience.
Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.