The Benefits Analyst supports the Benefits Manager to ensure benefits programs and practices in the area of responsibility are compliant with Schlumberger Corporate Benefits principles, competitive in the marketplace, and compliant with local legal and fiscal regulations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
-Ensure the accurate and timely transmission of all health and retirement plan interfaces to benefits partners.
-Assists in the development of future benefits interfaces.
- Answers employee/management queries regarding deferred benefits (pension, profit sharing, stock purchase plan). Helps employees better understand their deferred benefits and assist the HR community in explaining the plans.
- Participates in local relevant market surveys as identified by the Benefits Manager.
- Analyzes benefits survey results to identify trends, practices, costs and recommend solutions to keep the organization level with the market.
- Monitors and understands all changes to statutory requirements to ensure that benefit plans are compliant with government regulations.
- Conducts ground work for any potential changes in benefits and assists in the development of corresponding administrative changes.
- Supports the development of clear and concise benefits management systems including best practices to ensure the smooth execution of benefits administration.
- Drafts communication materials related to benefits eligibility, coverage, limits, tax status for employees and the HR organization.
- Participates in discussions with plan administrators and carriers to assist in the management of services.
- Assists in the billing and payment process with assistance from Finance team.
- Assists in the preparation of any government filings, benefit plan audits, or other tax reporting requirements.
- Participates in benefit due diligence during mergers and acquisitions.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the Company.
Required Previous Experience and Competencies:
University Degree with 2 to 5 years of Benefits or human resource management experience
Knowledge of and experience working with SAP/ HRIS interfaces
Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-looks-ups, etc)
Knowledge of Deferred benefits programs (defined contribution pension plan, deferred profit sharing plan, stock purchase plans)
Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy.
Proactive: Identifies, assesses and addresses potential issues in the workplace. Actively promotes continuous improvement of HR Policies and Standards.
Responsive: Commits to keep employees and managers informed of status of queries, issues, or concerns, and follows up through closure.
Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality.