The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta (SSA) is the only not for profit in Alberta dedicated to individuals with schizophrenia and their loved ones and was established in 1980. Our mission is to improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia and psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research.
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is seeking an experienced and highly organized individual for the 16 week contract position of the Special Event Coordinator for the Red Deer Branch. Coordinator will report directly to the Red Deer Branch Manager. This position will be 37.5 hrs per week with some evening and weekend time as required.
The main duties of the Special Event Coordinator will include:
- The implementation, coordination, delivery and wrap-up of the Annual Open Minds Walk and Run event held on August 24, 2013
- Track and record all aspects of the event planning process
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Actively acquire sponsors, donors, participants and volunteers
- Coordinate event committee meetings, report minutes and actively follow up on action tasks
- Follow and maintain event tasks and action lists
- Support Provincial Director of Fund Development in various duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Fund-raising and event planning experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience and experience working with volunteers at various levels throughout the community preferred.
- Ability to independently apply a broad knowledge of fund-raising practices and principles.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team and work as a team member.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office program and computer skills.
- Must be reliable, energetic and outgoing
- The incumbent must provide their own vehicle and possess a valid driver's license.
Rate of pay: $15 per hour. Closing date: May 17, 2013.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to:
Indeed - 10 months ago
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta (SSA) is a non-profit organization, established in 1980, whose current mission statement is to...