EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – SCHIZOPHRENIA SOCIETY OF ALBERTA
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is currently recruiting an experienced and highly-organized full-time Executive Assistant, working at the Provincial Office in Red Deer, who will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Executive Director. Duties include but are not limited to assisting in the preparation of proposals, particularly in the areas of funding and housing, preparing and distributing agenda packages for the Board and taking minutes at all Board meetings, drafting internal and external correspondence, and drafting reports on behalf of the Executive Director.
The Executive Assistant will also manage the Executive Director’s calendar including scheduling appointments and arranging travel plans. The individual in this position will also communicate with Branches around the province on behalf of the Executive Director.
The Executive Assistant is required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management and other non-profit and government agencies. The incumbent's education, training, and previous experience ensure work assignments are successfully carried out because he/she understands what is expected, as well as the best approach to take.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to solve challenging problems and work in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required.
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Influential interpersonal skills, building positive and strong relationships at all levels of the
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Proven organizational skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience working with Boards and developing policies/procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Resourceful and flexible
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills with a keen attention to details
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable and budget management
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization
The above position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is results-driven, has the ability to align their activity to achieve desired results and excel at meeting their commitments. The position is located in Red Deer and offers a compensation plan that includes salary and benefits.
Competition Closing Date: August 3, 2012