BRANCH MANAGER – MEDICINE HAT
(4 month term- possibility of extention)
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta’s mission is to improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia or psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research. The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is the only not-for-profit Society in Alberta dedicated to individuals with schizophrenia and their loved ones.
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is currently recruiting a full-time Branch Manager for the Medicine Hat Branch. The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Branch including the implementation and delivery of all programs and services, supervision of program staff, management of volunteers and the implementation of all fund development activities in their area.
The Branch Manager reports directly to the Provincial Executive Director.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead the Medicine Hat Branch team in implementing strategic directions of the Society and providing programs and services to clients including successful delivery, measurable evaluation and ongoing program development
- Act as a primary liaison with service providers
- Oversee daily operations and administrative functions of the Medicine Hat Branch
- Track and record statistics related to programming
- Report to funders as requested by the Executive Director
- Responsible for all aspects of staff management including hiring, day-to-day supervision and performance management
- Administration and management of volunteers including following all guidelines on recruitment, training, orientation, supervision and appreciation
- Actively acquire sponsors, donors, participants and volunteers
- Track and record all aspects of the fundraising process
- Manage the input of all donor information and other activities into the donor data system and ensure that all information required in the organization’s database (e.g. donors, members) is received accurately and provided to the Provincial Office in a timely manner
- Responsible for implementation, coordination, delivery and wrap-up of the all fundraising activities that are directed by the Provincial Director of Development
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
Applicants for this position must have:
- A degree in the human services field
- Minimum of 5 years in a management or supervisory role
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization
- Experience in working with people living with schizophrenia of other related mental health disorders
- Experience with approaching individuals and corporations within the community for financial support
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in program implementation
- Experience in facilitating courses or group activities
- Excellent computer and time management skills
Closing date: Friday August 3, 2012
Indeed - 21 months ago
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta (SSA) is a non-profit organization, established in 1980, whose current mission statement is to...