The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta’s mission is to improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia or psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research. The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is the only not-for-profit Society in Alberta dedicated to individuals with schizophrenia and their loved ones.
The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time Administrative Assistant based out of our Red Deer provincial office.
The Administrative Assistant will support the SSA provincial team. Working with the Executive Director on proposals and reports; special projects and initiatives; assist with recruitment of staff; and some scheduling and minute taking. The successful candidate will also assist the Finance Department with accounts payable, expense and credit card management. This position is responsible for maintaining filing systems, office supplies and office equipment.
- Two years of post-secondary training, completion of a community college certificate in Business Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of administrative support experience
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting and accounts payable processes
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Efficient communicator with attention to detail
- Self motivated, able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by email included in ad or by fax to (403) 986-9442
Closing date: July 24, 2013
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the Society, please visit www.schizophrenia.ab.ca