The Schizophrenia Society of Alberta is currently recruiting a full-time Family Support Coordinator for the Edmonton Branch.
The Family Support Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and delivery of all areas within the Family Support Program and reports directly to the Program Manager within the Calgary Branch.
The Family Support Coordinator is responsible for providing psychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, education, resource allocation, and advocacy to caregivers who access the Family Support Program. The Family Support Coordinator will be responsible for the development and implementation of open and closed groups within the program. Overseeing the overall operation of the Family Support Program, the Family Support Coordinator will manage the program budget, track and record statistical information, complete monthly/annual reports, and coordinate volunteers within the program.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an acute or community mental health setting.
- Strong knowledge of schizophrenia or psychosis, other Axis I diagnoses, mental health legislation, and community resources.
- Experience facilitating/co-facilitating psycho-educational groups preferred
- Strong assessment, crisis intervention, and counseling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or consultation.
Indeed - 17 months ago