Schenker of Canada Employee Reviews

A worldwide logistics company
LEAD HAND, PLANESIDE REPRESENTATIVE, WAREHOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCMay 10, 2016
Always busy, multi tasking, fast paced environment. Mentally demanding and one must have the ability to deal with stress daily. Some great co-workers but many co-workers were difficult to deal with.
Pros
Free coffee, TV in the lunch room.
Cons
Poor management, always had to adapt to change with operational procedures.
I enjoyed working for Schenker
Manager, Transportation Administration (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed the team at Schenker.

Appreciated the flexible work environment.

Positive and valuable work experience.

If not for company restructuring, I would not have left Schenker.
Pros
flexible; allowed to work from home
Friendly and Supportive Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
People follows safety guidelines and they help me on tasks I can't do alone. I learned how to lift boxes and heavy objects in a correct manner. The supervisor is good at encouraging people on working excellently. Co-workers are sociably, but they make their own groups based their race and age. It's hard concealing my physical ailments just to keep my job. It's enjoyable to be able to exercise there while working, since lifting is a form of exercise.
Pros
Good job for exercising the body.
Cons
Random sizes of boxes to lift.
productive fast past
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 9, 2015
As a dispatcher I was involved with various customers and customer relations. It was a position that gave me a lot of experie.nce
Pros
easy going at times
Cons
busy
Contract Logistics - Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to work, really enjoy working here.

My typical day comprises of
- checking what happened on the shift from the night previous
- check with each employee to see if they need help
- ensure that shipment are moving on time
- work on any upcoming inventory issues
Awesome place to work
Customer Service / Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2014
Awesome place to work at , really awesome
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Well balanced work environment with good salary & benefits
A/R Credit & Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 3, 2013
I have a worklist of customers to who I contact to ensure that their accounts are in good standing that to receive and relay any disputes to applicable operational departments. Provide support so as to make the customer feel that their business is appreciate and go above and beyond to resolve any discrepancies.

Developed my understanding for the freight forwarding service which includes brokerage and customs.

My results were rewarded by management where I obtain quarterly bonuses for meeting set targets.

As a team player, I advanced to lead my team towards meeting set targets by providing support in any area they required help.

Hardest part of the job was getting there as I travelled over an hour due to a recent move but I believe in showing up and am fully committed to my job. I also worked from the Toronto office but reported to the Controller in Alberta. Though a unique arrangement she was very pleased with having me on her team and the feeling was mutual.

Most enjoyable is meeting the goals set and working as a team to accomplish together the companies overall requirement for our department.
Pros
good work environment, salary and benefits
Cons
distance
Picnic tables outside for breaks
Dispatcher/CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 20, 2013
High energy fast paced environment. Work hard play hard company with well organized social committee. Gained CCS certificate from
CSCB and 2 years of CIFFA courses. Education and qualifications were strongly promoted
Pros
many social events planned
Cons
distance from home
Great Enviroment
Account Manager/Customs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Taught me a lot about the industry...Very Grateful for all the taught me.
Certified Customs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2012
Learning the customs industry. Management was okay. Co-workers were nice to work with.
Pros
learned allot
Cons
far to travel to work
Environnement de travail positif
Superviseur des comptes recevables / collection (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJanuary 21, 2016
Journée remplis de défis différents, nécessitant le travail en équipe pour l'atteinte des résultats.
Pros
Avantages Sociaux
Cons
Distance