Schenker of Canada Limited is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1 Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and service for Sports Events.
Position Description Summary:
The Analyst for Strategic Projects is responsible for assisting in data analysis, process mapping & documentation, continuous improvements, project implementation and project management of key projects associated with Americas Strategic Initiatives. This role is required to work with the Manager of Strategic Projects to track the progress of strategic projects and support the implementation of Americas strategic projects. This role will also work with key internal resources to understand training requirements & develop e-learning training for Americas Strategic projects.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Work with project manager to develop and track project plan and milestones to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Create, develop and implement training on for key strategic initiatives
- Work with project manager to collect data and analyze trends & results to ensure continuous improvement and increase return on investment.
- Other duties, as required by the business
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Industrial Engineering University degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in working on projects
- Strong computer skills: good understanding of computer applications, above average working knowledge of Microsoft office, willingness to learn and use other applications.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Effective planning, organizing and time management skills
- Demonstrated people development skills and the ability to maintain professional and positive working relationships
- High energy, strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organization and time management skills: able to multi-task, be flexible and open minded
- Results oriented and capable of dealing with high stress levels and fast paced work environment
- Proven trouble shooting skills are a must as well as experience in dealing with root cause analysis
- Strong research, solution design and analytical skills
Schenker of Canada provides a competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, performance incentive bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.