Schenker of Canada Limited is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1 Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and service for Sports Events.
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for proactively securing new business to gain market share and profitability. He/she visits client sites to sell solutions, and keep clients informed of all aspects of customs laws and regulations, present, new or proposed. This position requires extensive technical expertise gained through the CSCB license, coupled with more than 5 years of experience in the customs industry.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Develops modules for consulting.
- Designs marketing pieces for consulting department.
- Organizes, markets and presents at Customs seminars.
- Prepares weekly reports.
- Identifies potential customers.
- Telemarkets consulting services.
- Sets up new accounts.
- Assists team leaders with customer concerns.
- Services current accounts.
- Completes audit report outlining recommendations and AMPS penalties.
- Supervises consulting projects.
- Liaises with CCRA- audits, DAS’s, refunds, appeals, adjudications.
- Participates/attends committees – CAIE, CSCB, CTACC, CMA.
- Prepares mailers for customers on new services, customs issues etc.
- Performs sales duties.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Strong leadership skills: ability to set clear goals and achieve results, ability to develop solid relationships within the team, persuades and influences others, motivates people to perform, delegates and empowers others, mentors and coaches in a team environment
- Experience in managing/supervising a team of employees
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building capabilities: develops relationships with customers and team members, cooperates with internal and external contacts
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills (telephone and face-to-face): demonstrates command of the English language, demonstrates polite and clear telephone presence
- Strong planning and organizational skills: plans work and measures performance
- Experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry: freight forwarding operational experience, CIFFA Course
- Experience in customs: knowledge of Customs rules, regulations and tariffs, completion of Customs qualifying exam
- Excellent communication skills: communicates ideas clearly and concisely: provides feedback, recognition and support
- Excellent customer service skills: understands customer needs and how to satisfy them, cooperates with internal and external contacts
- Selling and persuasion skills: knows how to “close” (i.e. asks for the business)
- Ability to manage stress: able to multi-task, energetic, rational temper, flexible and available
- Experience dealing with challenging situations in fast-paced environment
- Team player: focuses on overall company goals and team interest rather than own, “Big Picture” perspective
- Strong Computer Skills: good understanding of computer applications, above average working knowledge of Microsoft Office, able to learn and use other applications
Schenker of Canada provides a competitive compensation package comprised of base salary, performance incentive bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.