Schenker of Canada Limited is the 2nd largest Integrated Logistics Service Provider in Canada, with sales of approximately $1 Billion and operating from over 40 sites across the country. The company spans a coast-to-coast network that extends to all major harbours, airports and border crossings. In just over half a century, the business has grown to include over 1700 employees. Schenker of Canada Limited has a portfolio of supply chain services in Canada that include: Contract Warehousing/Distribution, Dedicated Freight Management, Ocean and Air Freight, Courier, Land Transportation, Customs Brokerage and Consulting, and service for Sports Events.
Position Description Summary:
The Communication/Strategy Analyst is responsible for creating, coordinating, maintaining and administering communications programs, tools and initiatives. This person will also support the communication and change management programs that support established company strategies and objectives and strategic initiatives.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations):
- Identify challenges and opportunities, identify target audiences, prepare key corporate messages, develop project plans and manage implementation and evaluation.
- Develop communication solutions to address business issues and support corporate strategic initiatives .
- In collaboration with internal subject matter experts, develops and delivers on communications plans, ensuring clear communications objectives and audience messaging are defined and met.
- Provide communications support in defining requirements and developing content to support Executive communication and meetings/ workshop.
- Writing and editing copy of various communication materials for print and electronic formats, including speeches, presentations, publications and corporate websites.
- Coordinate, develops and refines communications for publishing internally and externally including update e-mails, Broadcast messages for field organization, Management Letters, Monthly CEO slides, conference calls, and recording, Centralized personnel announcements - Employee News
- Maintaining and updating the Communications calendar, including executed calendar items, calendar updates, follow-up and status reports.
- Support senior executives with message development and ongoing communications support (writing, editing, presentations, etc.)
- Coordinates communications plans and programs to consistently and effectively communicate key messages to all stakeholders
- Supports of launch/ roll out of company initiatives/ programs
- Responsible for maintenance, administration and content development/updating for Intranets, liaising with appropriate internal subject matter experts to ensure content is current, correct and effective.
- Writing and posting web content
- Provide support to the Marketing Team, as required (presentations, trade shows, collateral/communications and customer tools/demos/training material)
- Supports the Manager, Strategy with Strategic Initiatives/ Program Management, Reporting and Analysis (Incl. Special Projects/ Presentation) and Tools and Process (Incl. Special Projects).
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Communications, Journalism or related discipline with three to five years of experience in marketing communications, media relations, public relations, or related field
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Proven writing capabilities in a variety of formats, including news releases, FAQs and other collateral materials, employee newsletters, organizational communications, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills, along with extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to write consistently and clearly while under pressure and deadline
- Ability to distill complex language from a variety of sources into effective, easy-to-understand, concise messages for a variety of internal and external audiences
- Must be an independent thinker, with the ability to clearly express ideas and the confidence to work with senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging and error-free copy for a variety of communication materials and purposes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong research and interviewing skills, along with strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Profound experience with all major MS Office applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project), Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Passion for topics related to strategy and change management
Schenker of Canada Limited provides a competitive compensation package comprised of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and a comprehensive benefits package. Further information about our company can be found on our website: www.dbschenker.com.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago