Schaeffler Group Employee Reviews

Typical factory jobs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON28 July 2017
Which is to say the pay and benefits are good. Lay-offs rarely happened all the years I was there. I can't really vouch for what it is like there now since I haven't worked there for so long.
Pros
Steady paychecks
Cons
Overtime can be excessive for some
Not what it use to be
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 May 2017
I'm a cnc machine operator which mean you will be turning or drilling parts depending on where your turn is that day.for the most part the job is easy but managers seem to pass the buck on to my area all the which means passing us another departments job.coworkers are great as the management team runs the place on favortism which there is different rules for different people.
Pros
Great coworkers, great pay, and good benefits
Cons
Lots off mandatory, favortism, not unionized.management team unorganized
Nice work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON9 April 2017
I did enjoy all of the fellow employees that I have had while working here. This being said I did not like having to work most weekends throughout the summer and fall months.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Overtime
Freedom to Take Interesting Projects
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 March 2017
Management pushes you to be the best employee you can be for the company. Value you as a resource. Give you the freedom to take on any kind of project.
Bully management structure, poor support and training for shop floor wirkers
Shop floor worker (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON16 February 2017
This corporation is trying to get blood from rocks. That means wherever and whenever a corner can be cut it most surely will be. That means little to zero training, little technical support for shop floor workers, diminishing benefits and compensation, tiered wages, reactive vs. pro-active maintenance and upkeep. Their idea of a reward and recognition system rewards employees with a pittance... not even worth the effort. Pretty poor for an aerospace company.
The management structure locally in Stratford is a total bully and fear system. If you make a mistake, you will be "investigated", if you do well, you'll hear nothing but be unable to move out of your current position. The sh#% flows downhill and far too much of the resposibility is shouldered by shop floor workers... you'll be hung out to dry if your area leader has to save his own skin. HR policy is either non-existant or vague and it seems things never get handled the same way twice. Needless to say, the morale is not high and the general consensus is not to care. This is unfortunate as I personally am not like this by nature... purely a survival mechanism in an environment like this.
I have worked for some good companies in my career, this is not one of them.
Pros
Good clean air quality for a manufacturing environment, short walk from parking lot, good cafeteria
Cons
poorly run, bully management environment, no support from leadership, neglected equipment, wishy-washy HR policy, tiered pay, no real on-job training, $ 0.2 raises!?....
Quality department
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 October 2016
I have worked at this company and the manager to whom you will report to does not offer leadership. There is no freedom, all decision will be made by your manager which is a very big waste of time for you as a qualified individual. This company severely underpays it's employees and after few years of experience there is a turnover. If you do pursue this position, make sure you are asking close to 6 figures. There are not many level 2 qualified persons out there and this company currently does not have a level 3 anymore
Pros
Dealing with very interesting cases
Great Company, Great People
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 August 2016
I had a good experience at Schaeffler Group. Lots of overtime. plenty of helpful and experienced workers to assist me along the way. I learned the importance of maintaining a good frame at all times, to help me get through the daily grind that all factory workers face with varying degrees of success. It wasn't always easy waking up at 3 a.m to commute/work for the next 12 hours, six days a week... but it made you more resilient. The best part of the job was learning new things about the job/company almost daily. You felt like you knew the place inside-out after a while.
Pros
Immediate Benefits
Typical factory work.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 April 2016
Not bad if you don't mind being constantly bored all day but that's standard fare for a factory. Biggest downside was 6 hours of forced overtime weekly. I was a student employee for 4 months if that helps you to understand my position.
long term employments, new employees get leave quickly
Intern (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON1 February 2016
Many employees have been working ~15+ years.
Majority of the newer employees end up leaving the place
A lot has changed over the course of last 10 years.
Does get quite busy at times
Fantastic!
Assistant to Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Taicang, China8 October 2015
Supervisor was from Germany, very detailed and strict to all of the work submitted to him. Working overtime was normal, but I learned a lot from him. Great colleagues, great experience!
Summer Student
QA assistant, driller, transporter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, On14 April 2014
The majority of people are nice. Decent pay for a summer job.
Automotive division
Supplier Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON7 February 2014
Plant is now part of Schaeffler group. Was a good place to work.
Challenging environment enthusiatic people
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stratford On30 January 2014
Good company to work for, too bad it has gone through so many changes that highly possible they will be closing after more than 60 years in the market. My experience was great with them, management and people.
Pros
fair treatment to all and not unionized
Cons
Americans taking over and about to close
Order desk
Customer Service and Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 January 2014
My typical work day is I deal with clients in Western Canada to assist them in the purchase of industrial bearings. My educational background is not as an engineer, but through my everyday experiences at work & my co workers, I have been able to excel in the field of bearings. Which in turn is the most challenge aspect to my job. Their are many facets to bearings & different applications that they are used for. I enjoy dealing with customers by phone or in person, & giving them the best customer service.
It was a challenging work with lots of opportunity to grow
Assembly line operator / QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 November 2013
Working on the assembly line included a set schedule of work, repeating every day. Although it was a routine work the attention to details and change overs to different part numbers made the day challenging. I learned the basics of bearing production, especially transmission bearings. Our management was always interested in reaching our production goals and in keeping work interesting. In personal matters management always supported and understood their employees. I worked in a very multicultural team consisting of people from Asia, South America, Europe and North America. We understood our differences and worked in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the assembly line work was when everything ran smooth and we could reach our daily production goal. It was tough when we didn't have enough components and had to either slow the line down or fill the time with cleaning.
Pros
the possibility of learning new skills
Cons
10 hours overtime / week
A great place to work the management team is friendly.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford Ontario12 August 2013
I collected production paper every day and the entered the data into various reports. I learned many thing from working here for the last 25 years. I worked in various departments and enjoyed most of them. I worked very well with all levels of management. I helped out everybody. The hardest part of my job was after taking a day off coming back and catching up as nobody filled in for me when I was absent. I enjoyed every part of job but helping others was always my favorite part.
Pros
Worked from 5 am until 1:30 every day
Cons
Had tight deadlines or last minute changes high pressure sometimes
Poste agreable
AGENT DE PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Calais, AB16 April 2013
Journée de travail typique , bien manager , l aspect du poste le plus dur le buit
Overall a good place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON3 January 2013
In customer service, I handled logistics, order entry, all phone related orders and schedule changes, uploaded schedules and did EDI. My imediate management were short sited but took my ideas and implemented but taking the credit for themselves. I enjoyed working in Aerospace very much and I learned the just of my customer service experience there working from the ground up.
Pros
solid company
Cons
i felt i needed to move around to get promoted.